Weekly check-in 6/6

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the best meal you've ever eaten?

Re: Weekly check-in 6/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tryingktogku oh man, PREACH the gospel of grilled cheese to me! Lol that’s a great one, and it’s totally in the bread and cheese quality/thickness!  
  • Options

EDD/ W+D: 1.8 / 9w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan

Team: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: labs and US on 6/16

How are you feeling?: Nausea on and off 🤢

Rants/Raves: I was on night shift this weekend so during some down time, I went in triage and used the US on myself so I could watch kiddo’s heartbeat. Took a little video to send to his daddies 🥰

GTKY: In Norfolk, VA, a restaurant called Kincaid’s. They had the most amazing lobster bisque 🤤

• Options
    @jesele try not to worry about the lack of nausea. My sister never had nausea and she’s had 4 healthy kids. Just be thankful for now! It’s seriously not fun at all.
  • Options
    @jesele quality ingredients make all the difference lol

@daffodil_shoe when i worked in hospital I used the ultrasound to see my first son all the time too! Some perks hehe 

I’m also going to add a rant to my weekly update: why is finding a good reasonably priced house cleaner so hard? We decided this year we wanted to hire one for 2 hours every 2 weeks just to do like floors and bathrooms and kitchen (and it only takes me an hour and a half to do this myself) but our first cleaners charged an outrageous price, didn’t use their own products and really didn’t do a good job and so I finally found another cleaner but she canceled on her first day already and so I’m just frustrated. My house is kept super clean I just don’t want to be spending that hour and a half cleaning when I could be spending it with my son type thing but gosh it’s hard to find someone reliable that does a good job! 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/3/23 9w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): the face of a watch

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: labs including NIPT on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Much better these past few days. The hunger pangs in the middle of the night and early in the morning have been tough but queasiness is basically gone.

Rants/Raves: I’ve been trying to schedule a get-together with my friends so I can share the news and it’s just been impossible! I thought I was getting ahead by planning it a month in advance but we still can’t get anything scheduled. I think I’ll just have to tell them separately.

Questions: I didn’t get to hear baby’s heartbeat at my first US and OB appointment. I didn’t even think to ask though. Is this normal? My mom couldn’t believe it, she said it’s the one thing they do at every appointment.

GTKY: What is the best meal you've ever eaten? This is pretty impossible to pick but what came to mind was a cold-poached swordfish with okra from The Grey in Savannah, GA. 

• Options
    @r_kenn99 I didn’t get to hear heartbeat until closer to 14 weeks in previous pregnancies. I did get to hear it at my US last week at 8w5d but only because I asked the tech. She said she doesn’t normally do that, but she was giving me special treatment lol.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise thats a good idea!  I will see if they will let me do that!  Also thinking of you and hoping the appt goes well tomorrow!
  • Options
    greenbean88greenbean88 member
    edited June 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/5 9w5d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Tater tot
    Upcoming Appointments: 6/24
    How are you feeling?: Had the worst nausea/vomiting/diarrhea spell last Friday and Saturday and I'm happy to say I'm feeling much better. I can't help but wonder if it's the high HCG levels.
    Rants/Raves: This bloated feeling is no fun as the weather starts to warm up. I wanna wear cute, cool things but feel very beached-whale. Blah!
    Questions: Has anyone kept things romantic in the bedroom in spite of feeling gross (with all the fun pregnancy symptoms)? Is it better to just wait until things subside? 
    GTKY: What is the best meal you've ever eaten? Lol! This morning is was a simple egg and cheese bagel sandwich but I think that's because of last Friday's issues! It's tough to decide because I associate memories and moments with taste. I've got a whole list of favorite foods from all kinds of places I've been. Sandwiches, breakfast, and sauce-y things are top 3 for sure.
  • Options
    EDD: 1/7

Baby is the size of: A soda can tab

Upcoming Appts: just had my pregnancy confirmation, so my next is at the end of the month.  

How are you feeling: pretty good physically, with a bit of nausea and exhaustion thrown in periodically.  Mostly, I have some crazy pregnancy rage going on. It takes me about a half second to go from a good mood to ready to do battle.  Not sure what to do about it. 

Rants/Raves: My daughter's birthday is this weekend, so we're planning on telling our parents while they're in town.  But I have a ton of stuff to get done around the house before they show up.  So fun, but also a ton or work to prep for them arriving later today.  I also should buy party decorations...

Questions: None atm.

Best Meal I've eaten: This is a surprisingly tough question.  I've had some amazing steak recently?  I'm not sure I could pick a single favorite meal, but I am currently about all things meat and salt.  
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 6w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry seed

Team blue/pink/green: I think it’d be kind of fun for team green, but I just don’t know if I have the patience

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good so far, but it’s 320am and I woke up feeling queasy. The nausea usually starts for me right about now 

Rants/Raves: it’s the end of the school year, and all kids + hubs have fevers/colds. Negative for COVID. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the best meal you've ever eaten? Grilled cheese and pickles is ah-mazing…. I don’t know. A turkey grinder (a turkey sub with taco meat cheese lettuce) and this special white sauce this food place where I grew up called The Red Pepper. It’s sooooo good. They ship the grinder kits bc they’re so delicious! 😂

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Omg @roadspeckle you grew up in Grand Forks??! Small world. I went to school there and we used to do the Red Pepper Run where we'd start at the dorms and run to RP and then eat a grinder and run home 😆 this makes me want to vomit just thinking about it. But now I also want a grinder!! 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @greenbean88 touché on wanting to wear cute summer things and feeling like a beached whale! I just bought a whole new wardrobe for work before I got pregnant and now I just feel like nothing looks good lol 

as for in the bedroom I find sex actually helps the headaches for me and helps me get a decent sleep so I’m all for it! I’m not feeling super sexy so I just go the lights outs in bed route for now lol but I know once I start to rock a bump I’ll feel confident again and so ill mix things up again then! It’s all ebb and flow! 
  • Options
    @greenbean88 lights off, and I do what I can 😆 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 7+ 2  / 1/22

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: June 20, just left my US

How are you feeling?: much better after my US, baby looks great and my spotting is most likely progesterone irritation 

Rants/Raves: not really, I have some leave coming up I’m excited for

Questions:   Nope

The beach house in Kauai for my honeymoon. I STILL dream about that place 😂 it was SO incredible 

• Options
    Oh related to the "lights off, I do what I can" (thanks, @daffodil_shoe) stuff...has anybody experinced vaginal dryness lately? 

@footdrbritt so glad your US went well!!!
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/10/23 - 9 w 0 d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry! I thought this was so cute and fitting because it’s cherry picking season where I live in NM. We always pick a bunch and make pies, jam and can pie filling! 

Team blue/pink/green: Planning to find out with the NIPT testing. 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/13 f/u US and appmt

How are you feeling?: Better than a few weeks ago. I’m not sure if the overwhelming exhaustion has improved because I’m off work for summer break and able to sleep in or because I’m just feeling better. 

Rants/Raves: We’re currently visiting family in Arizona and it is going to be 110-115 degrees all week. I’m melting. I was so overheated after running a few errands today that I skipped lunch and took a nap instead. 

Questions: Is it normal to feel nauseous and crampy after sex? We’ve only tried a couple of times since finding out and both times I get cramps and nausea after. It goes away within 30 minutes and I’ve not had any bleeding. I’m just not used to feeling yucky after having a good time 😅

This is hard. I love pizza and we try new pizza everywhere we go, but I think probably something my wife cooked. Maybe the lemon chicken and cream cheese rangoons she made me while we were still dating. 

• Options
    @jennifer_louise yes, I did! haha! I would kill for a turkey grinder with loads of white sauce! Small world it is! Where do you live now?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/22/23 / 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Team blue/pink/green: Feels weird to say already but team pink 

Upcoming Appointments:  Next Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Already waking up four times a night to pee.

Rants/Raves: I woke up at 5:30 this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. Meanwhile it’s 7:45 and my toddler is still sleeping. This always happens.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the best meal you've ever eaten? We went to a tapas place in Asheville earlier this year and everything was amazing. The mushroom soup and seafood I had was out of this world. We decided if we go to Asheville again we’ll make reservations there every night 😆

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): a bottle cap

Team blue/pink/green: 💚

Upcoming Appointments: 6/16 MFM

How are you feeling?: Bloated 

Rants/Raves: I'm excited and nervous all at once and it's not our first. 🤣

Questions: None

GTKY: What is the best meal you've ever eaten? At the moment that's not something I can easily think about. Lol

• Options
    @zamoraspin omg was the tapas restaurant Curate??? I haven't been able to check in yet this week but tapas from Curate in Asheville were 100% going to be my answer!!! We used to live 3.5 hours from Asheville and we were known to make a weekend trip there mostly because we had a hankering for tapas. I'm so sad that we live many more hours away now...Asheville is THE BEST <3
  • Options
    el_3el_3 member

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/11 | 9w

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Team blue/pink/green: Ready to find out! 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/14

How are you feeling?: Nauseous a LOT lately. I have to eat small portions constantly to help the nausea but no food sounds appealing at all! Such a strange feeling…also exhausted!  

Rants/Raves: Currently visiting family in FL and it’s almost 100° and so miserable outside! Bleh

Questions: None at the moment 

GTKY: What is the best meal you've ever eaten? Tough question! Roy’s in Hawaii was beyond amazing!

@nuggetsmomma21 We are so close in dates and appointments! I can also sympathize with the heat this week haha 

• Options
    @L1C4gal Yes! Curate! There are so many great restaurants in Asheville and yet it was the best, next level superb. Would go back like every day if I could.
  • Options
    Feels sooo good to have that first ultrasound and everything looking okay and also for some close family members to know! It’ll be fun telling my husbands side tonight!
  • Options
    @nuggetsmomma21 yep cramping after orgasm is normal! Your uterus contracts from an orgasm. You notice it now that your uterus is bigger.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    We ordered the peek-a-boo gender test (because where I live you don’t get gender results with NIPT but have to wait until your gender ultrasound around 20 weeks) so I’m excited for that! It’s supposed to come in next week so we should have results in the next couple weeks from my understanding! 

I don’t actually care what the gender is because either way I’ll be done having babies after 2 lol but is does impact what we are doing in terms of moving my toddler to his own room/ toddler bed lmao because we have a “big” kids room and a “small” kids room and if this baby is a girl she is going to get the big room because it has way more closet space but if it’s a boy we’re going to move my son into the big room because he will be the oldest lol 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku I also wanted to know before moving with my last pregnancy! Luckily we moved shortly after my anatomy scan. I needed to know if I should haul all of our baby clothes, or sell most of them.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe lol I also want to know if I should start selling some or start hoarding some more! Half our storage in the basement is baby clothes right now hahaha but it’s all VERY boy and wouldn’t suit a little girl so I would probably sell most of it if I am having a girl and use that cash to stock up on some girl things