2nd Trimester
Options

Pregnant and Sad

Hi... 17 weeks pregnant. It’s been quite the pregnancy finding out right as covid hit, completely lost my business which took years to build, and have a minimal support system and am away from family. I do my best to eat healthy, take daily walks and try to stay positive. Most of the time I am ok, but I do cry a lot and feel really overwhelmed. When I cry, I start to feel more guilty and worked up I’m affecting this baby. I’m starting to see a therapist tomorrow and going to start doing more exercise, but anything I can do to stop the worry that comes with crying? I just want the best for my baby and I don’t want my sadness to affect her.

Re: Pregnant and Sad

• Options
    Hi... 17 weeks pregnant. It’s been quite the pregnancy finding out right as covid hit, completely lost my business which took years to build, and have a minimal support system and am away from family. I do my best to eat healthy, take daily walks and try to stay positive. Most of the time I am ok, but I do cry a lot and feel really overwhelmed. When I cry, I start to feel more guilty and worked up I’m affecting this baby. I’m starting to see a therapist tomorrow and going to start doing more exercise, but anything I can do to stop the worry that comes with crying? I just want the best for my baby and I don’t want my sadness to affect her.

Stuck in the box

Worrying about being a good mom means that you already are one. You are concerned about your baby’s health and well being despite the many, many other things you could be worried about right now.

I hope seeing a therapist helps. If it turns out you need pharmaceutical help, there is absolutely no shame in that. You baby deserves to have a happy mother and you deserve to be happy.  And if you are still sad or stressed, it will not affect the baby in any appreciable way. Talk to your doctor about that.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope getting some therapy helps.  I'm not a professional, but one thing I do know is that feeling sad is not going to harm your baby. ❤️ Hang in there, and keep talking about your feelings.  They will pass, and things will start to look much brighter the closer you get to meeting your little one. :) (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    Hi mama, you are not alone. I hope therapy is helpful, I've started feeling some depression myself with this pregnancy. It's ok to feel how you feel, allow that for yourself, and crying is a healthy form of release. One day at a time, you will prevail. ❤️