November 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in for DD 11/1 - 11/7 (week of 6/6)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in for DD 11/1 - 11/7 (week of 6/6)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 6, 18w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: June 21 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: feeling mostly back to normal, with the exception of my belly starting to make it less comfortable sleeping

Rants/Raves: rant: I got into a fight with my boss at work this week. I keep telling myself I only have 4 months left til leave, but I feel so fed up right now. Raves: I think I am starting to feel movement. It’s still hard to tell apart from regular stomach feelings tho.

Questions: has any one used a doula in the past? Would you do it again? I’m doing a hospital birth, but I’m considering it
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 5, 18w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results:  Follow up with my OB from my ER visit for kidney stones scheduled for Thursday. Anatomy scan not for a couple of weeks.

How are you feeling?: Not great. Besides having kidney stones, I've also been having headaches this week. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: Roadwork on our street is behind schedule. They were supposed to finish the road 2 weeks ago and aren't even close to done. We've been without driveway access for a month now. I'm getting tired of parking around the block. 

Rave: While I've been miserable, my husband has been nothing short of amazing. He fills my water, gets me snacks, has been doing all the cooking and cleaning, etc. 

Questions: None

• Loading the player...
  •  Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Next week I will have the anatomy scan and a mw appointment. 

How are you feeling?:  I am still having trouble believing this pregnancy is real, but my shortness of breath really reminds me. I am really struggling to wear my mask all day although I have too...

Rants/Raves:  I am still teaching ugh!! It is so hot out that I feel like I am melting during the day!!

Questions:
    We had a doula for our first and she was a lifesaver.  Mostly she supported dh and helped him understand what was happening and helped him get stuff in the car.  She was not hands on with me, but told him what to do.  It was great!  I highly suggest having one if you can if it is your first baby.  We did not have one for our second because we figured we knew what we were doing. 
  • @ponyoisfun we've lifted mask restrictions here everywhere except in medical buildings. Which is of course where most of my outings are to. I die every time. I can't imagine having to wear one all day!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: nov 6 18w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: June 17 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: bloated/gassy every day and definitely worse as the day goes. Starting to feel the difference between baby movements and gas bubbles.

Rants/Raves: Find myself getting more road rage these days. Oh, and I’m on of those unlucky people that work at a hospital and have to wear a mask all day long. It’s rough. On the flip side, I’ve also been noticing more good days where I’m in a great mood and loving all the feels

Questions: is everyone else peeing all hours of the night? I’m trying to stay hydrated with 2-3 liters daily but it comes at a cost. Trying to incorporate more electrolytes through Nuun tabs but doesn’t seem to change much
  • @ginamichellemeagher yes, I also am having to pee at all hours. It is making me so tired during the day!  Every once and a while I have a night where I don't and it is heaven. 
  • js1213js1213 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 4 but I keep wanting to join all of you on the 5th because that's my wedding anniversary! I swear I put Nov 5 every time. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: ✌️

Upcoming Appointments or Results: anatomy scan June 16

How are you feeling?: actually okay apart from anxiety/anger. Snapping a lot more these days and having a hard time at work dealing with residents who don't know what they are doing as well as crazy parents (peds nurse). I have a week away from patient care right now so I'm relieved. 

Rants/Raves: there aren't enough maternity clothes out there that don't suck and aren't crazy expensive. I just bought some stuff from shein but I'm expecting it all to be pretty crappy. Tried good will to no avail, but I hate shopping there because they don't organize by size so not trying that again. 

Questions: will you be doing a tour of the facility where you'll deliver? I work in the hospital where I'm delivering and have seen the l&d unit so I'm torn as to whether I should. I didn't think it was that helpful with my last one either (I delivered somewhere else last time). 
  • @js1213 jumping in from another check in group but I never toured the hospital before hand. I had a friend that delivered a few months before me and she gave me a run down of what supplies they had available for mom and baby which helped with knowing what to pack. Also what food is available when the hospital kitchen is closed. My hospital had a mini kitchen with pbj, juice, coffee machine and ice cream (generic vanilla cups with wooden spoon). 

•  Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: anatomy scan on Thursday next week!

How are you feeling?: been pretty tired the last couple of days, dreaming a lot at night again so I don't think I am getting a very deep sleep

Rants/Raves: Rave - I am loving feeling baby move so much, it feels like they're moving more and more each day!

Questions: We are not finding out the sex but last week I had a strong feeling that I am having a girl. This week I seem to be going back and forth a little bit. Anyone else feeling the same?
  • edited June 2022
     @ginamichellemeagher Weirdly, I haven't had to get up in the night to pee yet... lets hope that continues for awhile! 
  • Due date: 11/7

FTM

Upcoming appt: 6/23 anatomy scan +20wk OB

Feeling good as of late!! So nice to have a little energy back and to not be appalled by coffee anymore 🙏

Rants: everything I didn't think would happen until 6 or 7 months is happening now and it's just annoying! 🤣 Swollen ankles (work in healthcare, on my feet all day) had to give in to the super attractive compression socks! Tossing and turning at night because it hurts my hips to lay on my side all night...  gave in to the pregnancy pillow too. And @ginamichellemeagher the waking up to pee in the night is also killing me- not making it he sleeping any easier 

Raves: feeling my little lady start to move around is so fun. Still hard to tell exactly if I'm feeling what I think I am but none the less so exciting

Questions: I don't even know what questions I should be asking right now! How is everyone doing on nurseries and names? 
  • @ginamichellemeagher I'm with you! I can no longer make it through the night without getting up at least once or twice. 

@js1213 I haven't decided where I'm delivering yet. I have the choice between 2 hospitals where my OB does deliveries. Neither is doing normal tours right now, just virtual, but I delivered at one for my first pregnancy. Both are pretty similar with the exception of if I have a scheduled C-section (which is a definite possibility due to having and emergency c-section last time). One, I'd have the same room the whole time (which is a bigger room). The other I'd be in one room pre-op and another post-op (smaller room). 

@littlemarshmallow We have found out, but I had a dream about a week before our reveal that it was a boy and then had this overwhelming sense after that it was right. And it was. 

@mnmomma3811 The anticipation to start on our nursery is killing me. But we need to do some major work on it. We took off a 2nd floor balcony and boarded over the door from the outside about a month ago. Still need to remove the door and seal it, then new drywall/insulation and having an outlet or two added. My cousin is a contractor so we're waiting until he has a couple days free and he is going to help. Our house was built in 1921 and needs some updates. I've already got paint colors picked out though and started a wishlist of nursery decor. Names is another story. DH and I are struggling to agree on names.