January 2023 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: First Tri Essentials

This is the start of our "Spotlight" series where we will discuss products for parent and child. Here is the list of product spotlights and dates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT3K5V9zoaa_XFZlPalPtgChJ8UkkuOikmnUY934-C1_bN7Pp1FRBX7fcA8POhu2wML76FG24NlXkSx/pubhtml

Feel free in this thread to discuss any of the below: 

Favorite Prenatal Vitamins? 

What is your remedy for nausea? 

Food recommendations or go-tos when you just can't stand the thought of eating?

Or how to satisfy food cravings? or for being hungry all the time?

Beverage recommendations (either in general or when you don't want others to know you're not drinking alcohol)

Coffee substitutes?

Anything else that helps/helped get you through that first trimester share it here. 

Re: Product Spotlight: First Tri Essentials

• Options
    @zamoraspin what a great idea! Thank you for putting this together!
  • Options
    Favorite Prenatal Vitamins? CanPREV prenatal is the only one that doesn’t make me feel more nauseated! 

What is your remedy for nausea? Currently diet ginger ale and eating frequent carb filled small meals! 

Food recommendations or go-tos when you just can't stand the thought of eating? Everything bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese! Or crackers cheese and pickles! 

Or how to satisfy food cravings? or for being hungry all the time? I say listen to your body. If you are hungry and craving something your body is telling you that you need it! I gained like 15lbs in my first trimester with my first and then only 39 overall! Everyone is different! 

Beverage recommendations (either in general or when you don't want others to know you're not drinking alcohol) I love sparkling cherry or raspberry waters! 

Coffee substitutes? A cup a day won’t hurt! Drink your coffee if you want it! 

Anything else that helps/helped get you through that first trimester share it here.  Rest whenever you can. It’s hard work growing a human
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Favorite Prenatal Vitamins? I am liking Thorne prenatal. They do come in three capsules per day but they are nicely coated and have no flavor. They have a significant amount of folate and also has iron. On top of my prenatal I take DHA, Calcium, extra vitamin D (have a history of it being low), magnesium, and low dose aspirin. Magnesium is my pregnancy secret weapon and taking it reduces headaches and muscle spasms. I know we have many folks over 35 and if you haven't already talk to your OB about low dose aspirin, which may reduce the risk of preeclampsia. 

I'm skipping some of the questions because I'm lucky to never get very bad morning sickness. I do get a bit nauseous around dinner time, and I usually have bad food aversions, but they tend to only be for part of the day. I recommend eating what you feel like you can eat and keeping something in your stomach as much as possible. 

Coffee substitutes? I drink coffee in pregnancy when I want to, but try to keep to around 200 mg of caffeine a day all told. 
  • Options
    Favorite Prenatal Vitamins? Idk I've just been using the Target brand. I got the bargain ones bc I thought I'd be TTC a while and didn't want to waste money. Oh and I second @zamoraspin about asking the doc about baby aspirin. I was on that my last PG too.

What is your remedy for nausea? 
    Small bland meals does it for me, but it hasn't been bad at all so far this time around. 

Food recommendations or go-tos when you just can't stand the thought of eating?
    Crackers, applesauce, cereal, ramen.

Or how to satisfy food cravings? or for being hungry all the time.
    If it's a reasonable craving, I usually give in a little. If I'm hungry, I have to listen to my body otherwise I start to get nauseous! Even just a small snack helps. 

Beverage recommendations (either in general or when you don't want others to know you're not drinking alcohol)
    I am a huge water drinker! I also like sparkling water. Usually not too big on booze so nobody really bats an eye if I don't have any alcohol.

Coffee substitutes?
    This sounds weird but I've been drinking plain hot water. 🤣 it's cold in My office and it comforts me and is caffeine free. I also drink decaf occassionally too.

• Options
    @jennifer_louise okay I’m not the only one who drink plain hot water then hahaha