January 2023 Moms

GTKY (get to know you) Tuesday 5/31

What is your favourite hobby?

Re: GTKY (get to know you) Tuesday 5/31

• I feel like having 2 kiddos and a full time job doesn't leave me much time for hobbies but I would say if I have any free time my first choice would be biking (mountain, road, or just around town). I love to bring my kids with, too, and we're definitely those people whose limited garage space is mostly taken up by bikes. My second choice would be running/hiking nearby open space. 

Aside from exercising I also like to knit/Netflix when I'm feeling less active and experiment with new recipes.
  • I just love walking my neighborhood.  I haven't had much energy to do that lately though.  I also love a good craft.  I love making wreaths. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • @jennifer_louise I LOVE mountain biking too! Although I haven’t been nearly as much as I once used to go since having my first child it’s something I definitely want to get back into and being the whole family along when the kids are older! For now we stick our local hub trail and use the THULE YEPP NEXXT MINI bike seat for my toddler 

@ReadyForaB we walk our dog around our neighborhood at least once a day! It’s so nice to just get out and get fresh air and we have a park/ school down the street to wear out the toddler too which comes in handy! Walking in the neighborhood is a really nice past time for sure! 
  • itsmejayitsmejay member
    edited May 2022
    My hobby used to be couponing. I just don’t have as much time anymore with 2 kids, a full time job and elderly parent to care for. With my first and second, I was stocking up on diapers like nobody’s business using coupons, which I could get for $2-$3/pack! It’s a lot of work but sadly, I just won’t have the time to this time around.
  • @itsmejay I have always wanted to get into couponing!  Do you have a good resource of where to start?
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB My go-to store to coupon is mainly cvs so I follow cvs couponing groups, where people share their couponing scenarios. Using manufacturers coupons along with their store coupon and extra care bucks, you can generally save a lot. The store coupons are generally tailored to your shopping habits so the more you buy of something, you will most likely get coupons for, for future shopping trips.
  • edited May 2022
    @tryingktogku oh that's awesome! We have a Thule Yepp too! About a year ago we got an electric pedal assist bike and it's been a game changer. It's really hilly where we live and I feel so much more comfortable with the kids. Have you gotten any guidance on biking during pregnancy?? I'm still commuting with DS and it's one of my favorite parts of the day lol. I don't feel ready to give it up although I may feel uncomfortable later on. I have stayed off the single-track though (mostly sticking too established paved trails).

Also super cool that you're a yoga teacher! I hope to do that when my kids are a little older (or maybe become a zumba teacher, one of the two 😆).

@itsmejay that's a cool and unique hobby! My mom was an amateur couponer back in the days pre-internet. 
  • I love hiking and being outside (also peloton junkie)
    but I am also a huge book nerd and love reading. Currently reading Outlander since I’ve binged the show. 
  • edited May 2022
    @jennifer_louise my understating is you can continue any general exercise you were doing regularly before pregnancy that you’re comfortable with! We went for a 15km bike ride on the weekend 😝 I don’t know anyone else that has the same bike seat I love it! Most people have the trailers I find but my LO would hate that lol 

and omg teaching Zumba would be so much fun! 
  • @footdrbritt omg I loved the outlander books and shows! So good!!! I found I liked he books better than the show after the 3rd season lol but those first 3 seasons were amazing! 

I also desperately want a peloton but they currently don’t ship to where I live! 
  • My favorite hobby is baking! I’ve been doing it since I was a kid and overall I think my favorite ingredient to bake with is chocolate. I have a love/hate relationship with pie because the crust is such a challenge for me. 

My husband and I actually hit it off when we met because we started talking about our love for baking bread (me challah, him sourdough). 
  • I have a smattering of hobbies and tend to rotate among them depending on the season, and pregnancy is definitely affecting the “season”! I love reading, doing yoga, going for long walks/runs with my husky, and playing piano and violin. The favorite right now are the long walks with the pup, although the ticks are so bad in NH right now we may need to find a new spot to get our steps in!
  • @tryingktogku so cool you are a yoga teacher!  I definitely want to look up the push prep course too. 

As for me, I don't really have any hobbies anymore. I feel like with work and kids I have zero time for anything. I do like writing and working on my blog when I have the time.