September 2022 Moms
Options

Why Is My Pregnant Self Crying? May Edition

Pregnant Woman Crying Stock Illustrations  50 Pregnant Woman Crying Stock  Illustrations Vectors  Clipart - Dreamstime
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Why Is My Pregnant Self Crying? May Edition

• Options
    Trying to not cry at work because I was on call and got 3 hours of sleep and am throwing up at work and can’t leave early because we’re short. I wish I could go home and get in the tub but I have to pick up our table after work and get my son. Trying so hard to pull my shit together for the last 2 hours. 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside sending you all the virtual support and a hug to get through today! That is a lot to handle for one day 😞
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    melyraemelyrae member
    I cried because my 7 year old niece gave me a hug and said “bye Aunty” then hugged my belly and said “bye baby” 
  • Options
    I woke up from a dream crying last night. That was a first. In the dream I had a terrible class that I couldn't control and they were just being nasty. One tried to punch me in the face and I told them to do it so I could claim assault and that the job was detrimental to my health and this would allow me to leave without breaking contract. But full on tears coming from my eyes when I woke up. 
  • Options
    I just watched this week's This Is Us and now I'm bawling like a baby.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman uh oh, I have to catch up too! That show really knows how to hit you in the feels. 
  • Options
    I'm going to miss it so much! Only 3 more episodes ever.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @jhysmath I’ve had some crazy real dreams like that with this pregnancy too and I’ve been able to remember them for days afterwards. Actually, I still remember parts of them now. It’s the worst feeling ever!! 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman you were right about the Miguel episode. I sobbed like a baby. 
  • Options
    @newbabymama27
    I was a wreck for the last 10 minutes.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Dr. Strange movie.... Cried 4 different times. 
  • Options
    I found myself at my own pity party because DH didn't seem to enjoy any of Mother's Day after 9 A.M.

We didn't really spend any time together except breakfast. It's not like he dropped the ball or anything. He cleaned the kitchen before I woke up, put out a fresh bouquet on the table, and made a stellar mother's day breakfast followed by a pineapple upside down cake (my favorite). The morning together was perfectly lovely. Then he seemed super detached the rest of the day.

It was rainy and gray and snuggling on the couch sounded good. DH didn't want to watch TV. He said he doesn't like sitting around all day, which I get, so I offered up board games, but that was also a no. Instead he pulled the truck into the shop and cleaned it out while DS and I snuggled up for the Mandalorian. I wish it had been sunny and we could have gone to a green house, walked a path, or been outside in the yard together.

Then we went to my aunt's for the afternoon and dinner with my side of the family. My family is pretty loud, and it's never really an intimate setting with them. He seemed so bored the whole time.

I wanted all of us to enjoy the day together, but I felt like DH just wanted the day to be over already. It's just not how I thought I'd feel at the end of the day, so I cried about it. Then I felt ungrateful for crying over my Mother's Day after all the effort he put in and cried because I'm selfish. Luckily I waited until we were going to bed to start my waterworks, so it was short-lived.

On a positive note, he woke up today and told me "Happy Mother's Day plus 1". He stayed home late this morning and we all had breakfast together before he went to work and I brought DS in to school. It was a nice morning and will be a nice day outside together this afternoon.
  • Options
    I saw this in a reel and bawled while watching, then twice while reading. Wow, I’m such a suck these days. 

• Options
    @newbabymama27 That is beautiful!
  • Options
    laj0217laj0217 member
    So my husband, mother, and I just signed up to do the holocaust cattle car experience that our local Jewish Educational Alliance is sponsoring. I think it will be a learning opportunity and of course solemn/sobering, but I’m also wondering if I made a poor choice with all of these baby hormones flowing through me. I cried at Encanto, sort of worried I’m just going to spend the whole experience sobbing. 
  • Options
    @laj0217 sounds like a very interesting experience, bring lots of Kleenex! When I read The Tattooist of Auschwitz I sobbed like a baby and I wasn’t pregnant. 
  • Options
    laj0217laj0217 member
    @newbabymama27 I read that one too! Yeah, Kleenex is probably a good start lol. 
  • Options
    @laj0217 I am reading Night by Elie Wiesel with my 10th graders and I don't know if I could do the cattle car experience. I didn't know that was even a thing. Ugh, just imagining it makes me cry inside.
  • Options
    @laj0217 I just wanted to say that I really admire your conscious efforts to stay compassionate and aware of what other people in your community may be going through! In our society it’s so easy to polarize and estrange ourselves from people who are in different circumstances or are from different backgrounds than us, and each of us needs to make a real effort to bridge the gap 💜 
  • Options
    laj0217laj0217 member
    I actually kept myself together at the immersive experience…color me shocked! I think it helped that I knew a lot of the information already, but 1st person accounts are always more moving. I actually talked to the rabbi at length, and I think we’re gonna try and bring it to the high schools next year. Y’all why am I trying to plan something for next year? I plan to be on maternity leave. SMH. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @laj0217 hahaha same! I keep having all these ideas and like... holdup... I'm going to miss a BIG CHUNK of it. 
  • Options
    After ELEVEN YEARS OF GLUTEN FREE BREAD, Subway has discontinued it. I found out today in-store when I ordered a sandwich. I am shook. What the actual hell?
  • Options
    @pangolindrome what!?!?! Why would they do that!?! Weirdos! How rude!
  • Options
    Since Subway is a franchise, maybe it's just your local store? In which case, maybe you can talk to them about it?
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @babywiik I DON'T KNOW :cry:

@kboydbowman We looked it up and some local stores may choose to keep it, but overall it has been discontinued. We found out from our favorite Subway too. We're going to check with a couple other local ones as well as the one(s) we usually stop at when heading to the coast, but consistent feedback on the Internet is "no longer carry GF bread."
  • Options
    Boo
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    I moved to the couch because I’m feeling hella squiggly and now I miss my husband 😭 
  • Options
    I bawled my eyes out yesterday after I saw something about my 17 yo dog that I had to euthanize a month ago. To make it worse/better, for some reason my 2 yo keeps talking about him. 
  • Options
    @rebornlotus I’m so sorry, saying goodbye to a pet is never easy 💔 My heart definitely goes out to you 😢 
  • Options
    I cried yesterday bc I got to see baby move my belly a little when she kicked and I was able to show DH. Normally when I try to show him or to let him feel her move she stops so this really got to me being able to share that moment finally.
  • Options
    Can’t stop crying today. 

Thinking of all you teachers that headed into school after barely having time to process for yourselves and will be there helping children all over the country process and grieve. ❤️
  • Options
    My husband really wants to have Skipper's Seafood and Chowder, and I've learned that
    1. All their Oregon restaurants have closed and they only have the gas station version here now.
    2. Their menu no longer has plain fish or chicken, it's all battered, meaning I can no longer eat their food.
    Then, I decided to check on the buffets we used to eat at because that's another thing we've really enjoyed... and they've been closed for over a year... except Panda Inn over in Hermiston... 3.5 hours away.

I just want to do something nice for my husband and go eat at a place we like, have some sort-of-good, sort-of-mediocre Chinese buffet food. I want to cry and scream. Change is natural and the pandemic has been hellish on many businesses, and I know that's not about me or my wants. I wanted it for him. He works so hard and I want to give him something, go do something I know he'd like.
  • Options
    babywiikbabywiik member
    edited May 2022
    @pangolindrome crying over food is a legit reason to cry. Food is one of the biggest reasons I miss the U.S. I've been trying to look up copycat recipes when I'm craving restaurant food (tonight was qdoba's queso). Sending you hugs and I hope you can find a restaurant you like that can be you're new go to restaurant.
    Editing to add: have far from Battle Ground, WA are you? It's about 20 mins north of Vancouver. They have a really food Thai restaurant there called Keo Thai. They have gluten free options. My sisters often get the glass noodles in place of the non-gluten free option.
  • Options
    @babywiik Thank you. Mostly we miss buffets, even though the food is usually so-so, just for the experience and fun. Also, we have other restaurants thankfully, it’s funny because one of my graduated students works/worked (not sure) at a good Thai restaurant in the area. I LOVE wide rice noodles. I never knew they existed until moving to the US. 
    We’re about 45 miles/70 minutes from Battle Ground so it’s a little schlep, but if we go exploring that way I will definitely keep an eye out for that Thai restaurant! Asian food is so nice because there are always options!!!