January 2023 Moms
Options

Ease my mind please!

We just found out yesterday I'm 4 weeks pregnant with our second. First baby is only 22 months right now. Hubs and I are both teachers, so with two incomes, we're okay, but how in the world can we afford 2 in daycare?! 

Even if only one of us works, out income is too high to qualify for anything, but not enough for living. Insurance is absolutely ridiculous right now too. I'm in complete panic mode over the financial aspect of this (even though I have 8 months to think about it). 

Re: Ease my mind please!

• Options
    @hewg1287 for a year, I worked straight weekends because we struggled with daycare. It was a huge sacrifice for everyone, but it was how we avoided paying for 2 in daycare. I know not everyone has that option, but that’s what we did.
  • Options
    @hewg1287 My son is starting kindergarten this year.  Honestly, that is part of the reason why we wanted to wait to have a second.  I don't know how people afford it. But we still need to pay for before and aftercare for him plus the new baby.  I am stressing too.  But, it will work out.  It always does. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG! We are in the same boat!!! My son is 2 and I am 4 weeks pregnant!!! Freaking out about daycare costs as well…. I did just start WFH so I’m hoping I’ll be able to keep the baby home for a while. Maybe try abs find a WFH job that doesn’t require you to be on the phone as much abs that way you can stay home with baby and still bring in an income.