October 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 5/23ish

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

Baby's Name (if chosen):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature?ย 

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/23ish

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Sept 27th / 22+0

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Coconut.
    ๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM.
    ๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink!
    Baby's Name (if chosen): June Elizabeth
    ๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Virtual 24-week check on June 6th
    ๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Fine. Kind of like I have a cute little BB-gun aimed at my bladder which will go off for absolutely no reason. I feel her elsewhere tooย 3ย but she definitely likes to bounce. My stomach has been sort-of-hurting ever since yesterday and I took both Famotadine and Gas-X which helped a little but Iโ€™m still really uncomfortable. Considering staying home from work today.
    ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ: Almost done clearing out the toy hauler. Then, we just need to do some touch-ups and I can post it for sale. I also ordered two workout tank tops, another pair of leggings, another pair of workout shorts, and a nursing sports bra from Old Navy for $55.ย 
    ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜: FREAKING SUBWAY DISCONTINUING GLUTEN FREE BREAD. I'm going to be stuck on this for a while. I confirmed with the other reasonably-local locations that they're not going to continue carrying it.
    I'm also a little upset there won't be another US. We were hoping my MIL could go with me and see how amazing it all is, the resolution and all that. None of us realized the anatomy scan would be the last one.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Do you need a crib for initial baby sleep?
    ๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature? Why would I choose this question?! Itโ€™s impossible! Iโ€™m a huge fan of the original, murder-happy unicorns. I also like the Fenrir wolf from Norse mythologyโ€ฆ but djinnโ€™s are cool too. Letโ€™s not forget about faeries. Whelp, I. Broke. Myself.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  October 13th / 19w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Mango

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย  FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

Baby's Name (if chosen): First names chosen (keeping private til birth), working on middle names now

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: This Friday both the 20w anatomy scan & fetal echo

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Physically I feel good, besides my boobs being SO sore and fatigue in the nighttime.ย  Mentally I'm getting nervous for Friday's appointments.ย  We had an early anatomy scan at 16w and things were reported to be fine at that time, but I still am feeling anxious.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: I got in some beach time this weekend and that was so nice.ย  I usually spend a lot of my summer weekends at the beach, but I was nervous I might get dehydrated/sick of the heat quickly.ย  But everything went well!ย  It made me feel good that I could continue on at least through the second trimester.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: I have two: 1) Has anyone had a fetal echo?ย  I've heard they can take up to two hours?? 2) Same as @pangolindrome I am still deciding on sleeping options and I think I'm leaning towards convertible mini crib in my bedroom until baby outgrows and needs to be transitioned to regular crib in their room.ย  Has anyone done this setup?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature? Ooh, this one is hard.ย  Maybe a phoenix??
  • Loading the player...
  • You don't technically need a crib initially. A lot of my friends use a bassinet or a pack n play to keep them close at night. With my first we put her straight into her crib because we lived in a small two bedroom condo. With my second I slept on the couch with her in a rock n play (doctor approved since she would spit up constantly) for 6 weeks and then moved her into her room upstairs. I had severe PPA with her. She was born not breathing so I had a hard time leaving her. For my third my husband set up a baby suite in our basement with a pack n play so the other kids wouldn't disturb us and I had everything I needed there (we have a small bathroom with shower).ย  My third was in his crib within 3 weeks. Baby 4 and I will likely camp out in the basement while I heal from my c section for a couple of weeks before moving into his/her own room. Unless of course I decide to just go ahead and put a bed in there and then he/she will go in there immediately.ย 

ย I actually have a rule that no kids/babies sleep in our room ever. That's our area and it's not for them. I'm weird when it comes to this but my kids have taken over every inch of my house and yard EXCEPT our bedroom and bathroom. If they are sick or need us at night one of us goes to sleep with them.ย 
  • Thank you @krysnicole1022!ย  I would honestly prefer baby to be in their own room (it's right next door to ours), but I know the recommendation is to sleep in the same room for a bit.ย  This is new to me - I have four nephews I spent a lot of time with as infants and they're now ages 16-22 and they never had that guideline.ย 

Ideally, I'm fine with baby being in the same room for a few weeks/months and then hopefully moving into their crib.ย  Also, I know a lot just depends on what baby will tolerate.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  10/18 and 19 weeks.ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: magic eight ball or a mango

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM+

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out

Baby's Name (if chosen): no idea if it's a boy. I did a baby name DNA thing and it eventually stopped giving me new names because I rejected so many.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: June 1st anatomy scan with MFM

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: A lot better! I'm still exhausted but I've been making myself do more because I always feel better when I am accomplishing some project. I have so much to do and not doing anything means that I just have an ever growing list that stresses me out. My boobs are super sore and I've already graduated to my DD pregnancy bras when I started out as a light B.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants:ย  My kids are absolutely obsessed with the baby. I mentioned that the baby could hear now but it was mostly my heartbeat. All three of my kids talk to the baby and tell he/she how much they love them. My five year old has been reading the baby stories when before we could rarely get her to read out loud even though she's been reading for a year and a half. They all say goodnight and good morning. It's so cute. My second was adamant she didn't want another baby and now she's ecstatic. They can't wait to find out what's cooking.
    Rant- my pregnancy brain is so bad I just can't spell. My 8 year old spell checks stuff when I ask her to and she finds this endlessly amusing and I find it a little humiliating. I should be happy my 8 year old can spell better than most adults but I'm also a little ashamed I can't remember words.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature?
    This is a hard one. My oldest is named after Germany's most famous siren so I'm partial to them. I love Cerberus because who wouldn't love a three headed dog guarding Hades. My son's room is decorated with dragons because I'm also a big fan. I could probably go on and on.ย 
    My 8 year old is deep into mythology from all over the world. I asked her and she loves Gorgons with a deep love of Medusa and an incredible hatred for Perseus.ย  She is also partial to Kitsunes and Nagas from Japanese mythology.ย 
  • @sandy5693 I actually preferred having baby in our room to start because I got more sleep. It was easier for me to get back to sleep quickly if I didn't leave that space to do nightfeeds. A couple times I chose to nurse DS in another room, I think to let DH sleep better fir specific circumstances and it took FOREVER for me to get back to sleep. We had his crib in our room and when we moved to a bigger place (aka not a one bedroom) we moved him in there.
  • @krthouse it's so hard to know what I will prefer - which is why I'm leaning convertible mini crib that can fit in my bedroom if needed (even as a full size crib if needed).ย  I see the pros/cons of both situations!ย 
  • @sandy5693 I havenโ€™t had a fetal echo yet, but I do have one scheduled. Mine is in a different week that my anatomy scan. Iโ€™m having triplets, but they pretty much said plan on an hour for each baby. If youโ€™re doing both anatomy and fetal echo at the same appointment, I could see if being 2 hours combined, but could be shorter if baby cooperates.
  • mia80mia80 member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct 29 / 17 +3

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a pomegrante

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out

Baby's Name (if chosen): We have out girls name chosen, no idea if it's a boy!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: June 1st regular OB appointment and June 10th anatamy scan!

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Constipation is FINALLY getting a little better, but still not 100%ย  Also I'm exhausted today, but generally speaking have more energy

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: It was a long weekend here and we ended up having a really great weekend. Initially we didn't have much planned, but ended up having stuff going on every day... just need to recoup now!!ย  And I guess for rants, it snowed on Friday!!!!ย  I got a sunburn yesterday and my husband was shoveling snow yesterday... go figure!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:n/a

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature: I'll go with unicorn. I loved the moved "The Last Unicorn" as a kid and I'm still a huge fan!

@sandy5693 andย @pangolindrome we used a bassinet at the foot of our bed for my son for about 4 months before moving him to his crib. I think the recommendation is to have them in the same room as you for the first 6 months (?)ย  but you need to do whatever is best for you and your family!ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 20+6, October 5th

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Least weasel. I looked them up and they're STUPIDLY CUTE.

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): Audrey Rose or Annika May

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: US today to get a clearer profile of our wiggly gal

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: A bit stressed about midterm assignments and workload this week. We also got really concerning news about my niece's mental health last night. She's only 13 and has been admitted to psychiatric care for assessment. Devastated for how scared she must be.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: Rave: discovered Boston cream cake for the first time and it's everything I've ever wanted in a cake. Light and fluffy, lots of my favourite filling, almost no icing, top with strawberries for tart contrast. Perfection.
    Rant: My laundry still hasn't learned how to wash itself when I'm too stressed and busy. How rude.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature?ย  Gonna go with phoenix too, but I love me some dragons and unicorns
  • @jen_third22 thank you!ย  the appointments are in two separate locations so I'm hoping they are about an hour each...it will be a long day.ย  hope yours goes well too.

@krthouse i'm so sorry to hear about your niece.ย  really hope she gets help and support through this time.
  • ficheyfichey member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Sept 26th

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Guinea pig???

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 24 week appt in June. Just had my second anatomy scan and verified baby's heart and spine all looked good.ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Starting to really stress about how much we'll realistically be able to get done before baby arrives. My parents are going to come out and help with a few things next month, but our entire house just looks like an explosion of cardboard and blankets at this point and it's stressing me out. I'm also just hungry all.the.time.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ: I finally got our hall closet shelves up and have started prepping the nursery! Once we have some help to move out the furniture that's in there now it can really start taking shape.ย 

Rant: Husband now has covid pneumonia and has been packed away in the office for over a week. I'm glad that we have the space to separate, but it's starting to get to me and I just want a hug. I think I'm starting to feel kicks from the outside and it's sad not being able to share it with him right now.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature? I'm partial to domovoi, which are little house spirits. They're supposed to be a bit mischievous, but mostly a household protector (make sure lights are turned off, windows get closed, etc.). If you're a bad host, then that's when they cause trouble. Whenever the cats are playing in the middle of the night I like to think that they're having fun with our domovoi.ย 

@sandy5693 For the first few months we're planning on using a Snoo in our room. It'll be easier to block the cats out of just one room at a time and it might as well be our bedroom so all of us can get some sleep.ย 

@krthouse Sending best wishes to your niece and family. That's so hard and I hope that she's able to get any help she needs.ย 

• Our cat is another reason. We only have one now but she will not tolerate me being behind a closed door that is separating us. She would likely sleep with the baby if the baby was sleeping in our room. She will just sleep in the bouncy chair if I'm doing a feeding in the baby's room though and then leave as long as I leave too. My boy cat that passed away was even more attached and so we don't ever sleep with the door shut.ย 
    @krthouse I absolutely love both girls names. My sister's middle name is Rose and it's her favorite part of her name.ย 
    I'm really sorry to hear about your niece. My sister was under psych evaluation often as a teen so I understand how you must be feeling. It did help though.ย 
    I hope she gets the helps/meds/support she needs. Mental health issues are so incredibly tough.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 18+1 w/ tripletsย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: sweet potatoes ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink x3

Baby's Name (if chosen): Not chosen yetย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Friday ultrasoundย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Very pregnant. I also lost my voice because my 4 year shared her cold with me.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: not a rant or rave, but I joined some triplet Facebook groups and one about monochorionic twins/triplets. The info and connection with other moms of multiples has been great, but there is also info that just makes me terrified such as ultrasounds showing issues after having a great one, or things turning for the worse quickly. I just have to think positive thoughts and do what I can to keep these babies safe and hope everything stays looking good.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none this week

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature? Not sure if they are considered mythological, but I like gnomes. Like David the Gnome (for those who know the show). Little woodsy people out in he forest.
  • @jen_third22 I loved David the Gnome as a kid!
  • @sandy5693 I had a fetal echo during my anatomy scan today for my twins. For the full scan, it took about two hours.ย 

@jen_third22 I became extremely limited on what I look at on the twin Facebook group I joined because I was getting to be the same way. Iโ€™ve been just trying to focus on how well they are doing, and think about how anything that comes up will probably be caught early with our ultrasounds every two weeks and can be handled then.ย 
  • rcgwrcgw member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct. 23/18w+2d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: an old disposable camera

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen): chosen, but private. Sharing middle name with my Dad, and my Dad's grandfather and a few more up their family tree have the same middle name

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: June 2nd anatomy scan with perinatologist, June 9 with regular OB

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Tired ALL. THE. TIME. I'm taking a bunch of meds to keep HG in check and several of them make me drowsy, add to that I'm growing a human and I sleep soooooo much. But otherwise pretty good.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒes/Rants : my dad is dying - stage 4 lung cancer. He's doing okay mentally considering everything, but health-wise chemo has done all it can and the cancers are still growing. So we're not sure he's going to be here to see my first (possibly only, pregnancy is hard!) child. My faith/beliefs gives me strength and help me; I think Dad will meet our baby whether in heaven before we get to meet him or here along with us....but it still sucks. This isn't very rant-y against any person but more against cancer. Cancer is stupid.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: I haven't bought any pregnancy bras, but I'm only slightly outgrowing my current ones - any suggestions for best options? Are nursing bras acceptable now or should I wait until baby's closer to here to guess my size for post-pregnancy?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What is your favorite mythological creature? Griffin!!! It's my last name, much better than my husband's boring last name and I never took his. Our poor kid we've decided (jointly) will get his last name and so I'll be forever slightly cooler.ย 
  • @rcgw Cancer does suck. My mum will be having surgery soon for her second fight against breast cancer, but luckily it's been caught super early. Very triggering though.
    We lost my Dad to throat/lymphatic cancer when my sister was pregnant. He died 10 days before my niece was born. While my sister was devastated that he couldn't meet her baby, she also feels immense gratitude for the fact that she was able to attend his funeral and grieve without the strains and demands of postpartum and having a newborn. When my niece was born she was an absolute beacon of joy and healing light for my whole family in our grief. For whatever reason these things in life do tend to pair up. A life ending as a new one begins. It is painful and poetic. Sending love and strength to you and your family as you navigate these two major life events together โค๏ธ

As for nursing bras, they are designed to handle a bit of expansion so if you want one now, go for it. When you measure for it you can so always size up slightly, and just wear it at its tightest until you need the extra room. I personally really like the ones by Bravado.
  • @fichey Domovoi sound a lot like the Scandinavian vaettir (translates to "gnome" but seems to have different connotations). They help take care of farms and homes for as long as you treat them well, but they will absolutely end you and make your life miserable if you treat them poorly.ย 
  • rcgwrcgw member
    edited May 2022
    @krthouse Thank you - that was exactly what I needed to hear. โค๏ธ And I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that your sweet niece was there to buoy your family up.ย 

And THANKS for the tips on bras.ย