December 2022 Moms
Options

What to wear!

Hi! I will be 9 weeks on Friday… I’m definitely not showing yet but the bloat is real. All of my pre pregnancy clothes are smalls and more right fitting. I’m at a lose on what to wear! Where are all of you shopping? Are you just buying maternity clothes or just regular clothes and sizing up?! Helpppppp

Re: What to wear!

• Options
    It will be non-maternity dresses all summer for me!  Can’t say I love the current smocked prairie trend but it works with a growing belly.  
  • Options
    hspghspg member
    I just sat down at my desk at work and noticed that even my stretchy band work pants are now uncomfortable. I'm almost 11 weeks. Hopefthe weather cooperates so that I can just switch to dresses until the end of my school year! I don't plan on wearing maternity pants until the fall. Dresses all summer long!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi I'm 9 weeks but have been showing since 7🤪 I purchased maternity leggings for work from Amazon and I finally feel comfortable now. I just ordered a small an they have plenty of stretch.  I'll probably need to order a bigger pair when I'm 6 months or so but we'll see. As far as casual wear I like wearing normal sized dresses with stretch to them or small maternity dresses. 
  • Options
    @hspg I am in the same spot as you; I have switched to dresses designed to hide tummies along with leggings and flow-y shirts mainly from JJill which I am hoping to use until at least the end of the school year.  I have also found that Costco has some looser fitting clothing, including some really nice Orvis linen shirts, which has been helpful.
  • Options
    I was looking at dresses online today and, is it just me, or are maternity dresses marked up compared to other dresses? Maybe I'm just projecting that prices are higher based on the fact I know I will only get a few months use out of them though, lol
  • Options
    I've been wearing a lot of leggings so far but I might pick up some maternity pants when we go on vacation in June. Just to be super comfortable and have whatever support I might need. I noticed this morning some of my tshirts are a little snug around my belly now. I don't really want to buy a bunch of things that I might not get a lot of wear. Maybe it's time to go to the thrift store? Other that, I'm hoping my dresses get me through most of the summer. 

• Options
    I am almost 11 weeks and can’t fit into any of my previous pants! I am also not telling my work yet so I’m struggling to find clothes that hide my blossoming tummy. I am contemplating getting a pair of maternity jeans and a pair of maternity leggings and maybe a couple loose shirts for the next couple months until it gets warmer and I can show off my belly in pregnancy clothes. 
  • Options
    I went a size up in regular pants and it seems to be working for now, I figured they would be useful post pregnancy as well. I’ll also plan to be wearing a lot of non maternity dresses this summer. 

For winter I guess my plan will be maternity leggings and maternity sweater dresses. 
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks now and I've been wearing loose shirts and elastic-waist pants. I recently ordered some maternity leggings as my regular ones have gotten very uncomfortable. I also bought some maternity denim shorts as my regular jean shorts are too tight. I'm hoping to be able to stick with smocked tops and dresses for the rest of the summer and hold off on the maternity dresses and shirts till the fall.
  • Options
    Dresses, leggings, biker shorts and big tshirts. That’ll be my go tos for the next while I think! 
  • Options
    I’m 12 weeks and bought some Lululemon align leggings (they’re not maternity but super stretchy) and have been wearing a bunch of sundresses! I sized up a size in the sundresses to give myself extra room (I’m 6ft tall so I want them to stay long enough once I have a bigger bump)
  • Options
    I switched to maternity pants and tees at 7 weeks. I'm barely showing (nearly 12 weeks now) but my stomach is SO sensitive so nothing can be tight in the stomach area. I got a lot from a friend and then poshmark.