1st Trimester

How long after birth control?!?!

Hey guys!
My husband and I are just starting to focus on trying for a family. For those of you that were previously on birth control before trying for a baby I have a few questions.

1. How long after getting off birth control did you feel like your cycles started to regulate?

2. Did any of you get pregnant really quickly after getting off birth control in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Re: How long after birth control?!?!

• I stopped birth control pill in like beginning December or January. I just got a positive result, so it took like 3 months to get pregnant. My periods were pretty normal afterwards. My mood never regulates really. I had depression and really low self esteem.
  • I was on birth control for 10+ years. Only got a regular period after about 2 years off the pill. Got pregnant our first month of trying
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on the pill for about 9 years and got off in November. We conceived in January. 10 years ago with my son, it took 5 months. Everyone is different.
  • I had Mirena for about 10 years total. Had it removed in Aug 2021 (we decided on trying for baby), periods were wacky for about 2-3 months and then got mostly normal.  Positive test early this month, and I'm 7 weeks along now. 
  • Got the mirena removed feb. 7 after 4 years, had a two day period on feb. 17-18th and positive pregnancy test march 18th so month 1 of “trying”
  • I stopped taking birth control in July 2021 to regulate my period for a few cycles and my Doctor said to just stay off BC if we planned on starting to try in the next six months or so. We started trying in February 2022 and got pregnant the first cycle. 
  • I stopped taking my birth control in October and got pregnant in February. Took three months for it to clear my system and pretty much got pregnant my first “official” cycle after getting off birth control.
  • beckalove88beckalove88 member
    edited April 2022
    I was on birth control for about 10 years and basically got to the point where I wasn't getting a period at all while on it. It took me about a year for things to even out but hormonal issues run in my family (like PCOS). Things really started to balance out when I started having more raspberry leaf tea. It's not just for pregnancy and Mamas it can be great for helping you ovulate again.
  • I was on birth control for 12 years so I wasn't even sure I could get pregnant. I stopped in December. I planned on waiting a couple months to try because I was warned I could release multiple eggs and wanted to avoid twins. I had one period end of January and then had sex twice in the next two weeks. I didn't want to take a test yet because I thought my period could just be irregular. Nipple sensitivity was the giveaway and I tested positive March 4. I thought I was 6 weeks when I first went to OBGYN, but based on first day of period I was already 10. I definitely wasn't expecting to conceive so quickly.
  • I started my BC in November 2021… I was due for my 2nd shot February 14 2022… missed it and here I am now 8 weeks pregnant
  • I was on birth control pills for almost 15 years. Came off the pill March 2021. I didnt get a period until June 2021. Had irregular periods for months. Period finally became regular December 2021. Got pregnant exactly 1 year after coming off birth control, March 2022. 
  • Was off the pill for less than a week and conceived :/ but had my suspicions earlier that the pill I was on wasn't strong enough because I always got my period before the pack was done. So maybe depends on the brand/dosage of pill
  • I had my Paraguard IUD removed in Frebruary (had it in for 9 years) and got pregnant in March
  • At the age of 20 I had my first child. After my 1st child was born, I was on birth control pills for 2 years and took about over a year to conceive another baby.

After my 2nd child was born, I was on birth control pills for 3 years. I think I stopped taking the pills in November of last year then conceive after 2 months of trying. I was pretty surprised that it didn't take another whole year again. But something went wrong during my pregnancy around 3 weeks and I had a miscarriage.

After about 3 months later I am now pregnant again. 12 weeks pregnant so far and still going strong but because of the previous miscarriage I sometimes feel like it won't make it. 😕 I'm so cautious of what I'm eating and doing now. I'm sure you'll conceive once your body is ready. 
  • I was on birth control for 10 years. I finished my last pack at the end of August 2021. Cycle and period stayed the same thankfully, but I think that’s because I finished out my pack. It took me 7/8 months to get pregnant!
  • First pregnancy I got pregnant 3 months off birth control. Got pregnant two months off of it once that ended in MMC.  Now currently pregnant on the first month off.  You can (and I do) ovulate two weeks after stopping, no matter how long you have been on it. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Was on BC for almost 14 years!! Got a normal period my first month off and started to track my ovulation. Got pregnant month 3 of being off. Wasn’t expecting it to happen so fast!
  • edited May 2022
    Well, I was on Ortho-Cept for 21 years. I went off and got pregnant five weeks later! I had one natural period (was 2 days 'later' than normal)

Oh, and I will be 39 this summer. First baby. Crazy! :smile:
  • I had an IUD for 2.5 years. Got it out in February, pregnant by April 😂 we didn’t think it’d happen that quick I thought for sure I’d have some issues due to the pain I had with the IUD and the number of ER visits and that was not the case! I started tracking every single think with Ovia Fertility. Basically we ended up pregnant by testing if my ovulation prediction was correct with the app. It was haha! 
  • I went off birth control in July 2021. I was only having a cycle every three months on BC, so my body was working to regulate back to normal. I was still only having cycles every 12 weeks, but we conceived at the end of March. Apparently we just needed to try within 10 days of my LMP and that did it. And on top of that, I hyper ovulated, so we’re having twins.