January 2023 Moms

Weekly Check-In w/o 5/22

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer)

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band?

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 5/22

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 1.8 / 7w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: labs, 2nd U/S, and OB nurse phone call on 6/2

How are you feeling?: Tired often, nauseated 🤢 on and off

Rants/Raves: I was so relieved to see a blob with a heartbeat at my US on Friday. Last one was a blighted ovum, so it was such a relief. I FaceTimed his daddies as soon as I got to my car and one of them started crying!

GTKY: Mumford & Sons

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 5+0 / 1/20

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 🎀

Upcoming Appointments: Monday another HCG (I was at 877 at 15dp5dt on Friday and they want to hit 1000 before scheduling my US), June 20th for OB clinic 

How are you feeling?: I’m SO tired…like can’t function tired, I don’t remember feeling like the last few times. 

Rants/Raves: it’s been a beautiful weekend here and we’ve spent so much time outside, which I’m super thankful for 

Questions:

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Right now I’m on a Lindsey Stirling kick but I listen to a plethora of different genres depending on the day 

• Loading the player...
  • bwow615bwow615 member

EDD: so I thought my edd was 1/23… no idea what I was looking at.. Because based on my lmp it’s 1/17. I only came to that realization when I called to make my first appt and the coordinator was like ok, so you’re currently 5 weeks… duh. Lol 

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer)  we originally thought green, but now I think we will find out with the nipt testing at 10 weeks. 

Upcoming Appointments: 10 weeks on 6/24 for first appt. 

How are you feeling?:  bloated… and almost constantly hungry but trying not to gain the entirety of my weight this first trimester 

Rants/Raves: I’m traveling with my soon to be 7 yo and my 4 yo to Illinois this week to see my family and celebrate my nieces high school graduation, we haven’t been “home” since we moved to Florida in October 2020. To say I’m excited is a complete understatement. The kids are so very excited as well! 

Questions: none at the moment 

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Rolling Stones is probably all time… next would be Dave matthews. 

• edited May 2022
    @daffodil_shoe congrats on the great ultrasound!

@bwow615 I'm also feeling constantly hungry... and keeping my belly full is the best way to stave off my nausea. So I'm worried about the first tri weight gain too!!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/14, 6+2

Baby is the size of a(n): dried kernel of corn

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer). Green for now, we haven't decided when we'll find out yet!

Upcoming Appointments: 15 days (not that I'm counting lol)

How are you feeling?: Decent. Nausea has picked up in the past few days so I'm going to have to make sure I have a plan for work...it's gonna be busy the next couple weeks so I hope I can hold it together! 

Rants/Raves: Rave: My sweet DD graduates from pre-K this week 😭. She's excited and nervous. Rant: Next weekend MH leaves for a work trip so I'll be solo parenting next week! We'll be okay but I'm still a bit nervous about how things will go!!

Questions: When does NIPT happen? I didn't get it either of the last two times but I think maybe I will this time? I had the NT ultrasound at 13ish weeks last time.

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Hard to pick just one! Lately I've been into Simon & Garfunkel, Band of Horses, and Regina Spektor. But I feel like it changes a lot! 

• bwow615bwow615 member
    @jennifer_louise I believe nipt testing can start at 10 weeks. I didn’t have it done with my first pregnancy, but did with my last one in 2017, and had it done right at 10 weeks. 
  • ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited May 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 5w6d . 1/17/23

Baby is the size of a(n): Tomorrow a sweet pea!

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer):  We will find out asap. 

Upcoming Appointments: May 31.  No ultrasound scheduled yet.

How are you feeling?: Good.  Some days I have nausea but not consistently

Rants/Raves:  Feeling a little blah today.  Like anxious of something.  Can't put my finger on it, 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Oh gosh.  I am not a music person.  I don't think I have one. 

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/10/23 6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): honeybee

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer) no clue yet!

Upcoming Appointments: First one is June 1, but they aren’t planning any scans or tests, just a general intake meeting (which totally grinds my gears)

How are you feeling?: Some breast tenderness and bloating, but generally normal.

Rants/Raves: My Siberian Husky has been super clingy and mellow since I got pregnant, and since he’s usually a very quiet and independent dude, I’m loving that he’s suddenly become my personal shadow and cuddle bug.

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? There are too many to count, but today it’s a tie among Jeff Buckley, The Distillers, Rage Against The Machine, and Natalie Merchant. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days:  Jan 6 / 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n):  blueberry

Team blue/pink/green:  green (for now)

Upcoming Appointments:  June 1st

How are you feeling?:  dragging a bit, nausea comes in waves pretty much all day ("morning" sickness my ass 😂), sore boobs

Rants/Raves:  Got home Saturday night from work trip to Sweden/Denmark.  Between jet lag, pregnancy hormones and the nausea, I'm not sure I'm going to make it in the office all week 🙃 

Questions:  n/a

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band?

Allman Brothers, Tyler Childers, Sturgill Simpson (alt country, I guess -- not a fan of the "pop" country on the radio these days)

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 1-7-23/ 7 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 🫐

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer) green

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wednesday, June 1... Second scan, appointment with nurse, and blood work... 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous with sore boobies. Also very tired and struggling to find food that sounds good (besides a Mexican pizza from Taco Bell, which is constantly sold out 🙄).

Rants/Raves: I had to reschedule my initial appointment to a later date because hubby has Wednesdays off of work... Well, now hubby has accepted a new job offer with a different company and is no longer off on Wednesdays... My appointment falls on his second day of work in this new position, so this girl has to go solo now 🤣

Questions: None

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Generally, Metallica, but I've been liking softer stuff since becoming pregnant. 🤷‍♀️

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    @sparklingdiamond thinking of you today! 
  • Yes @sparklingdiamond excited for you to see your little pea today! 
  • @bwow615 and @jennifer_louise Thank you both so much!  My appt is in 30 min and it's the longest 30 min ever!!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 6w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer) we don't know yet

Upcoming Appointments: June 1st for our first US

How are you feeling?: Tired and incredibly nauseous. My OB has already prescribed zofran and it's barely taking the edge off, just trying to remind myself that this means there is a babe growing!

Rants/Raves: we've been having such rainy dreary weather and my motivation to get up and get moving is at an all time low so I'm hoping to see the sun again soon!

Questions: how are you partners helping to support this early in the pregnancy? Hubs is doing his best but I can't help but to throw daggers from my spot on the bathroom floor😂

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? I bouce around in all genres but grew up on old country

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/5/23; 8w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry 

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: 6/1! Finally just a week away.

How are you feeling?: Symptoms have definitely progressed. I feel like I’m in a permanent state of indigestion which makes me queasy sometimes. 

Rants/Raves: Anyone else feeling antisocial? I’ve turned down plans because I just don’t want to pretend everything is “same old” when I’m going through such an exciting life changing experience right now!

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? A constant favorite is Mumford & Sons. I have a tattoo with lyrics from “Tompkins Square Park”.

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/11, 6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Pea (unlike the princess and the pea and her 100 mattresses, can't say I can really feel anything rolling around in there!)

Team blue/pink/green: Green for now

Upcoming Appointments: US next Thursday, at 6:45 pm, which is nice so my husband can come too

How are you feeling?: Totally normal

Rants/Raves: Happy that I got to see and hear baby's heartbeat at an US at my fertility clinic today! Printouts were insanely blurry/fuzzy, husband said it looks like a little worm. Hopefully they'll have better equipment at the US clinic next week. Doctor said the heartbeat was a tiny bit low (116) - hope everything's OK.

Questions: Can't think of any

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Sadly, I'm not such a music person anymore - I blame my job, which requires insane concentration. Definitely planning to fill the baby's environment with lots of music, though, and I know my music-loving husband will be great for that.

r_kenn99, your rant/rave made me smile :) Yes, it's almost unbearable to carry around a secret this life-changing and keep acting casual!

• greenbean88greenbean88 member
    edited May 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Gummy Bear
    Upcoming Appointments: June 24
    How are you feeling?: So tired, afternoon/night sickness, starting to have weird cravings and aversions
    Rants: People who drive under the speed limit in the left lane. Just no...... Move over please. I just want to go home
    Questions: Is it normal for symptoms to be stronger some days then weaker or MIA others? I get suspicious when I don't have signs of nausea during the day then I start to over think or get worried. 
    GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Linkin Park
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/10/23 - 7 w 0 d 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Team blue/pink/green: (this is what you ARE having, not what you prefer) Green for now

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday I have another US and my first OB visit

How are you feeling?: Exhausted almost everyday. No amount of sleep helps. My boobs hurt so much. 

Rants/Raves: Nervous. We had our first US at 6&2 last Thursday and I’m just scared we won’t see progression and heartbeat this Thursday. I just want to know everything is growing and going as it should. 

Questions: Is it normal to not be vomiting or nauseous all the time? I get occasional queasiness but 99% of the time feel fine. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite singer or band? Shinedown and Taylor Swift