2nd Trimester

10oz at 20 week anatomy appt. Underweight?

I went to dr. 2 days ago (20w3days) for anatomy scan. Good bloodflow and proportional but weighed 9 oz and was in the 0.8th percentile!!?? Wth? So my dr sent me to high risk the next day and they measured 10 to 10.3 oz and in 5th to 6th percentile. Dr was good and said baby seems healthy but he wont know much else about how she's growing until 2 more weeks. Anyone else have this experience? I m familiar with 11-13 oz is normal. So anyone with experience like this? Did baby hit a growth spurt or small all throughout pregnancy for anyone?

Re: 10oz at 20 week anatomy appt. Underweight?

• My first two boys were 10 oz at anatomy scan. None of my doctors were worried. They grew to be normal weights for their gestational ages when they were born.  
  • I wonder how big the range of normal is? At my 20 week they said he was measuring 15 oz but when I looked at my pregnancy book and this app they said the weight was 10 or 11 oz for that time period. My Dr. didn't say anything about the size but now I have to ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • At 20 weeks, 9-11 oz is the “norm”.
  • Baby girl was 11 Oz at 20 week anatomy scan, docs were not concerned. I thought that seemed a little small as well myself, so I definitely understand your worry, but I'm sure your baby is fine! :)