November 2022 Moms
Options

Baby heart rate fluctuations

When I was 10 weeks my babies heart rate was 166 and today when we listened to it it was 143 and I’m almost 14 weeks. My doctor said this was normal but I’m still concerned has anyone had this happen? It just feels like a HUGE difference. 

Re: Baby heart rate fluctuations

• Options
    It could be the difference between baby being at rest and baby moving around. When I had NSTs at the end of my pregnancy my sons heartrate would go between 140 and 170 in the space of a minute or two =) very normal
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    As baby grows and second trimester begins the average fetal heart rate decreases. Fluctuations are totally normal and change with activity. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you don’t trust your doctor, maybe you should find a different one? And a simple google search would show that this fluctuation is well within the normal range.
  • Options
    It’s normal. When I was at 9w4d baby was about 170. When I was at 14w baby was about 150.
  • Options
    @chuckle_sandwich i had similar heart rates at both of those appointments too
  • Options
    I am a person who worries too much. I’ve had a miscarriage with my first ever pregnancy so no matter what a doctor says I’m still going to worry. But it eases my mind to know I’m not the only one it’s happened to.