3rd Trimester

Covid while pregnant

Has anyone gotten covid while pregnant? 

My 4-year old just tested positive and I’m now in my third trimester. Seems inevitable I will get it but not sure if it’s worth just getting it over with (COVID) or if I should really try to isolate from her, in case it causes pregnancy issues… any thoughts welcome! 

Re: Covid while pregnant

• I had covid in the beginning of the year threw my son 3 years old.. I was in my second trimester with no symptoms but my advice to you I swear a mask like I did around your toddler that was one thing I didn’t do both me and my unborn child are okay I’m at 34 weeks now 
  • I got COVID at 31-32 weeks, kind of a mild case thank goodness, only cough and congestion. Doctor said that it’s okay because I am vaccinated and boosted and that should be able to also pass antibodies to the baby. I would still try to not get it only cause it’s just uncomfortable feeling under the weather on top of being on the third trimester, but also try to not worry if you end up getting it. Drink tons of water, and liquids.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had covid in January while I was still in my second trimester. It was mild but still sucked. My OB told me I would need a couple extra scans for the duration of my pregnancy to monitor baby's growth. I got my booster a few weeks after recovering from covid. So far everything is fine
  • kosten889220kosten889220 Just Joined
    Hi! Hopping in here to ask if your OB told you to take a baby aspirin/day to prevent blood clots. I had COVID when I was 6wks pregnant and yesterday at my checkup she very frantically said I should be taking baby aspirin daily and that they needed to do growth scans - and should have been doing them since 28wks. The scan came out fine but I’m concerned with the aspirin since it pretty heavily warns against 3rd trimester pregnancy use.
    TIA
  • I had COVID a few weeks ago when I was around 30 weeks in. It was a mild case but still very stressful. My midwife had me to an ultrasound and non stress test, which all look normal. No suggestion of any meds though.
  • I had Covid at 33-34 weeks. I wouldn’t have know it was Covid but I work in a doctors office and had to get tested. I told my ob office and they said take aspirin. After I looked at the bottle I decided the risks did not outweigh the benefits. I was already 5 days into my illness anyways. I feel baby girl move. Ton of potential bleeding complications for baby and I if we took it. I also read it can prematurely close something in babies heart. So I’m trusting God to protect us. Also I feel like we all have a gut instinct. Mine told me not to do it. 
  • I had it early in first trimester and am now 35 weeks and just tested positive again. Vaxxed and boosted so very mild both times. This time it's just a slightly scratchy throat and that's it. My doctor has me on baby Aspirin to prevent blood clots in me and in the umbilical cord. Good luck! Hopefully if you do get it, it will be very mild.
  • I had COVID in my second trimester and developed multiple bilateral pulmonary embolisms. I've been on lovenox injections every since. I was vaccinated and boosted but it was before the new boosters were available and the new variant kicked my butt for 2 weeks. I was in the hospital and my oxygen levels still aren't great when I try to do a lot, haven't been able to go back to my job which is physical. Thankfully my son and husband did not get sick, I masked around them and it was summer so we kept the house open. I stayed in the guest bedroom whenever I wasn't helping with my son