October 2022 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating - May

What are we eating these days?

Re: What my pregnant self is eating - May

• I had a veggie skillet and pancakes for lunch. My friend met me after my appointment and I'll have more for later. 
  • This counts as a balanced snack, right?
  • Loading the player...
  • The red meat cravings are in full force lately. I tend to run a touch low on iron, so this may have something to do with it. 
  • All I want is salty snacks! Totally not helping with the bloat. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Get you some soft serve that you deserve!!!

I had the hardest time trying to pick out a mother's day card I had to try 3 different times bc of the tears and I only got one bc it was the first I grabbed and said good enough or I'll CRY at the GROCERY STORE. I'm a FTM so this mothers day hits different.

I also cry when I hear first few notes of "you'll be in my heart" by Phil collins.
  • Most of my aversions have eased up but broccoli and avocado, two of my usual favourite healthy go-to foods, are a hard no. I don't even like making my son's avocado toast any more and if I get any on my hands it's gag town until I wash it off. What did an avocado do to anyone to deserve this tiny baby's vehement rejection? My sweet tooth is back though and I've really been enjoying a London Fog as my caffeine of the day, sometimes with lemon cake pop if I'm feeling fancy.
  • I love avocados so much but I have a love hate with it. Same goes for Spinach. I absolutely love spinach and some days just the smell makes me sick. 
  • @krysnicole1022 I couldn't stand spinach in my pregnancy with DS, same with hummus, which I think was a psychological thing because both had had recent recalls in the year prior to that pregnancy 
  • All I want to eat all day every day is tacos and nachos 😭🤣 I normally eat pretty healthy, so this is killing me!! Thank God for supplemental vitamins, but does anyone have any suggestions for healthy taco/nacho toppings I could throw into the mix?
  • Aycul18Aycul18 member
    @bluebird1122 lettuce or cabbage, tomato, onion, corn, avocado and cheese are usually my go to toppings. You can also try mixing up the protein like ground turkey breast or shrimp?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bluebird1122 I used to work at a pizza place that served amazing nachos. In addition to a ridiculously wondrous amount of cheese  they topped it with tomatoes, onions, peppers, jalapeños, optional slices of chicken breast and, my favourite, pineapple. I haven't found anywhere else that puts pineapple on their nachos since but it's the perfect sweet balance to the salt. 
  • Meijer mustard potato salad. I bought the big size and I can be found standing over it inhaling at different times a day. 
  • 🎉🎉🎉I can drink iced coffee again🎉🎉🎉
  • I also stopped at our local seasonal ice cream place. I got scoops to go but I got a waffle cone with a brownie surprise ice cream in it. I may or may not have eaten it all before I reached my destination. 🤣
  • @moogieks i had a craving for jam and toast the other day but was to lazy to venture to the grocery store so i made my own bread- it was heaven! I made french toast with it on Monday with strawberry and maple syrup 
  • krthousekrthouse member
    edited May 2022
    @krysnicole1022 I jumped on the ice cream train today too. Got myself a coconut gelato to celebrate a healthy baby in my ultrasound and to cool down in today's heat wave. 29C here today!
  • This has been my breakfast the last couple of days- acia bowl with granola, peanut butter, honey and chocolate chips on top! 
  • ficheyfichey member
    As it's getting hotter all I want are cold salads: cucumber salad, tomato salad, green bean salad, couscous salad potato salad. Basically any veggie/herb/feta combination is what I'm living off of right now. Oh and popsicles, naturally.  
  • @fichey I'm getting the noodles and co med salad for dinner for a second time in three days. 
  • I've been hunting for the perfectly ripe grape and keep getting disappointed...I know it's not grape season  :'(
  • Aycul18Aycul18 member
    @sandy5693 I’m not sure where you are, but I’m in the chicago suburbs and have found some pretty decent red grapes the past couple of weeks!
  • Aycul18Aycul18 member
    Also pretty sure I’ve eaten my weight in salt water taffy this week, thanks to my daughter that had to have it, but hasn’t touched it 🤣
  • I can eat watermelon for daaays rn. Figure it's a better snack than cake or chips so I go to town on em. Yummyyyy
  • @moogieks I cannot wait to find a good watermelon! I'm growing some this year. I love melon of all kinds so I can't wait to eat watermelon and cantaloupe.
  • I can't wait for Hermiston watermelons <3 I'm also a fan of ALL THE MELONS though!
  • I'll have gestational diabetes and when that hits I'll only be able to eat apples and melon. This is why I wanted another summer pregnancy so badly. 🤣
  • I've been eyeing watermelons lately too. I suspect I'll be living on them this summer. Right now it's strawberry season and my in-laws get great local strawberries in their area that they bring every visit. So good!
  • I've been downing strawberries as often as possible. I also can't wait to get really good peaches. 
  • ficheyfichey member
    Our neighbors used to have a peach tree and I'm so sad that they took it out this year! They would always let us grab any extra and we would trade persimmons from our tree in the fall. Over winter my husband accidentally took out our blueberry bush and blackberry vines--which I of course did not have the energy to replant this spring. I'm missing them so much right now ;____;
  • Every day at about 6 pm i get a giant craving for lemonade- i have one giant glass and then i am good 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I’m on the watermelon train as well! Although my last 2 were overripe and terrible. Had to throw em away. Ugh! I need an expert watermelon picker
  • @reirei84 How do you check them? I’ve been taught to knock on them and they should sound full. 
  • I check for creamy yellow and flat on the underside. Also the color of the skin (dark green with defined creamy stripes) and to knock on them. The more water (riper) the more deep/ hollow the knock will sound. Brown veins also indicate that it has had proper sun. 

There are a few more days. Clearly I take my watermelon very seriously. 🤣🤣🤣
  • @pangolindrome I usually check for a yellow spot as the biggest indicator of it being ripe, and I do a good knock. Also, apparently the rounder ones are sweeter. But I can’t tell if one is overripe. So that’s been my struggle lately 
  • Overripe will give a fuller knock instead of a more hollow drum like sound.
  • mia80mia80 member
    I always knock, but tbh I have no idea what I'm listening for so it's pretty pointless! 😂
  • I believe the round ones are female and the oblong ones are male... or the other way around? Someone said something about this last year... I know one is supposed to be more appealing to the palate.

I'm Swedish, so my standards are very low as coming from a country where everything but root veggies, veggies, and apples is imported.
  • Round ones are sweeter and oblong are more watery. 
  • This is partly because I’m in Italy, I’m sure, but I have basically eaten my weight in tomatoes the last several days. They are so vibrantly red and flavorful here. Add some mozzarella, oregano, olive oil, and a basil leaf, and I’m in heaven.