1st Trimester
Options

Cervix Inquiry...

edited May 2022 in 1st Trimester
Hi there,

I have a question and I have not been able to find much online for this specifically. Hoping for a bit of insight or understanding. I am almost 8 wks pregnant with my third. I never focused on my cervix with the first two but would monitor my CM. In the past year while trying to conceive I have gotten into the habit of checking for ovulation and conception, etc. I never go farther than just seeing what position it is in and the shape. 

I have a retroverted uterus so my cervix is inverted. After conception this time it tucked far up and away. Yet, after my husband and I had sex a week ago it turned downward and was more like a slit similar to when I am
about to get my period. This was around the time my mucus plug would have been forming and there was a lot more CM than usual. I was shook- could this be the start of a miscarriage? Then..it went back up to where I felt safe within 24 hours.

Now...about a week later it is doing the same thing. More CM as well. Sex was not a factor this time. 

Im wondering if this is a process my body is doing to just cleanse the system? Or if this is something I need to be concerned about like a warning for loss. I have no spotting or bleeding. My symptoms are strong.

My first OBGYN appointment is not until June which will put me at 10 weeks (later than I am used to but they told me this was a busy time and it was the earliest I could be seen). 

Has anyone had experience with this and/or knows why this could be happening? The 1st trimester is so delicate and I am 40 (had a chemical pregnancy in December). Trying not to worry too much and thought I would reach out...

Thank you!

Re: Cervix Inquiry...

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    Please stop touching your cervix. It will be more sensitive, you are introducing bacteria even if you wash your hands that could lead to more serious problems and it sounds like you are driving yourself crazy when these are likely perfectly normal day to day changes. Ask your doctor if you need to know or can’t stop yourself from checking because it may be anxiety manifesting.

Hi there,

I have a question and I have not been able to find much online for this specifically. Hoping for a bit of insight or understanding. I am almost 8 wks pregnant with my third. I never focused on my cervix with the first two but would monitor my CM. In the past year while trying to conceive I have gotten into the habit of checking for ovulation and conception, etc. I never go farther than just seeing what position it is in and the shape. 

I have a retroverted uterus so my cervix is inverted. After conception this time it tucked far up and away. Yet, after my husband and I had sex a week ago it turned downward and was more like a slit similar to when I am
    about to get my period. This was around the time my mucus plug would have been forming and there was a lot more CM than usual. I was shook- could this be the start of a miscarriage? Then..it went back up to where I felt safe within 24 hours.

Now...about a week later it is doing the same thing. More CM as well. Sex was not a factor this time. 

Im wondering if this is a process my body is doing to just cleanse the system? Or if this is something I need to be concerned about like a warning for loss. I have no spotting or bleeding. My symptoms are strong.

My first OBGYN appointment is not until June which will put me at 10 weeks (later than I am used to but they told me this was a busy time and it was the earliest I could be seen). 

Has anyone had experience with this and/or knows why this could be happening? The 1st trimester is so delicate and I am 40 (had a chemical pregnancy in December). Trying not to worry too much and thought I would reach out...

Thank you!

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::