1st Trimester
Options

Stress !!

Hi y’all,
I just made it to week 6! But, I have noticed that I am CONSTANTLY stressed and nervous that this embryo is not going to survive. I had a miscarriage last year at about the same week. What are some things y’all do as stress management? I can’t sleep, and I’m getting really annoyed

Re: Stress !!

• Options
    Things that really help me is reminding myself that I am doing everything I can but I can't control everything, getting fresh air, and getting absorbed into something. Mostly games are better for that than TV bc my hands are occupied and I can't look things up when my mind wanders. I also keep my phone in another room if my anxiety gets really bad. I hope you find something that works for you!
  • Options
    lindsay_b724  You are PG today.  Remind yourself of that.  Other than taking care of yourself, and being as healthy as you can be right now, there's nothing you can do to stop the outcome of your PG.  So focus on loving that baby this moment/today, for as long as you have it; regardless of whether that is 6 weeks, 10 weeks, only a few days after birth, or for many years.  All you can do is be as healthy as you can and love that baby every moment that you carry it.  Stressing over it will not change the outcome, and if anything will just make you feel worse. Take it minute by minute if you need to.  Also, good therapy can really help as well.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.