September 2022 Moms

SALES AND DEALS!

If you see a sale or particularly enticing deal on a baby products, maternity clothes, or anything else related, post it in this thread for all the mamas!  <3

Re: SALES AND DEALS!

• Nanit site is 20% off!
  • I got a ton of baby stuff from H&M yesterday. Right now it's 20% off if you spend over $60, plus I had (and heard a lot of others do too) a 10% coupon on my account, plus Rakuten has 10% cash back. If you don't have a Rakuten account, here's a link to sign up! https://www.rakuten.ca/referrer?referrerid=VcGsFKuTsWA=&amp;eeid=34824&amp;src=Android
  • Loading the player...
  • @babez_mom I love Rakuten so much! I've used it for online shopping since December 2015 and I've gotten $550.83 in cash back since then. Just for buying things online! 
    DD 10/2019
  • If you register at Target, you'll have access to 24 additional Target Circle offers because of your baby registry.
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 it's the best! I joined in 2018... And I'm at $710! It works on Expedia and I'm tasked with booking a lot of flights for work! 
  • This is from another thread and I did not find it, but Kiinde is offering a free starter pack - you just pay for shipping.
    https://kiinde.com/product/pnkiindebreastfeedingstarterpack/
  • This is from another thread and I did not find it, but Kiinde is offering a free starter pack - you just pay for shipping.
    https://kiinde.com/product/pnkiindebreastfeedingstarterpack/
    Girl. Get this! It's totally worth it! I got it last time and again this time.
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 I was wavering and then I saw your comment, and it'll be here in 4-8 days.
  • mk2022xmk2022x member
    @pangolindrome @trapperkeeper87 I see it’s for breastfeeding, but what is it? What does it do? 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    Y’all convinced me! I got it too
  • @mk2022x It comes with attachments for your pump, and it allows you to pump directly into bags. Truthfully, that wasn't always the most accurate method (measurement wise), but we ended up loving the bags for storage and feeding (and they're recyclable!).

Once I stopped pumping, I was able to use the bags to make my own baby food pouches really easily. Even if you don't want to go that route, using them for simple things like applesauce or yogurt is really quick. It's a great introduction to their system for a really low price. After testing it out, we ended up getting the entire starter kit with bottle warmer, storage stand, sippy tops, etc. For us, it was worth it and was something we used for over a year.
    DD 10/2019
  • I ordered mine yesterday too! Thanks for sharing!
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @maple1422 Informed me of this deal: 40 Free Kiinde Twist Pouches

AND brilliant idea - if you will use these, share these with your siblings, parents, in-laws and stock up!
  • Great idea to share so you can stock up!
    To piggy back that, this deal is essentially 40 6 oz. pouches for $5 USD which covers shipping. 40 twist pouches at regular price are $16.99 USD before shipping. You can get free shipping on any orders over $39 USD (80pk retails for $27.99 USD and 160 pk. retails for $48.99 USD). If you're going with Kiinde, this deal is legit.
  • To add to the Kiinde discussion, save yourself some money and don't buy the labels unless you really want to. I would just write the date, AM or PM, and the number of ounces on the lid with permanent marker and it worked perfectly. There's plenty of room to write and the marker won't wash off unless you intentionally try to get it off.
    DD 10/2019
  • I’m not crazy about the kiinde bottle, though the kit is very visually pleasing. The food storage idea is neat, and I would maybe use that more. I do like that it’s just one container/bag from boob to baby, but I don’t even know how big of a deal that is. For moms without fancy attachments and adapter systems for their breast milk storage bags, do they just pour the bags into a bottle and call it a day? I’m wayyyy overthinking this and just running myself in circles - late night thought processes aren’t cute over here. I’m torn on diving in, because I just remembered why I liked the mam bottles so much. The bottoms come off so they’re super easy to clean! I’m guessing storage bags that lay flat would be the most efficient way to store them and more cost-effective. If I’m not using the nipple attachment to to convert the bag into a bottle, there’s not much point in using the kiinde brand that I can see. I’m going to check out other storage bags tomorrow and still need to check on that Willow pump idea, because that would mean different bags altogether… I’ve seen other moms with multiple pumps, but would it be overkill to have Willow style bags and more standard type bags? I’m having trouble committing. Formula was easy peasy, but I’m going to give this my best shot. I really want it to go smoothly! Thank you to all the ladies who share from experience!
  • @maple1422 I only used storage bags if I was freezing milk. I did this at the end of the week with whatever didn't get used minus enough milk from Friday for Monday. 

During the week, I stored in Mason jars and sent milk to daycare in a jar so they could pour what baby needed at that time and didn't waste extra that was in a bag. 

In the morning especially, I pump more than my baby eats in one bottle so pumping into a kiinde bag would be very waste full.

I use the parents choice bags once I have enough stored for emergencies in 4 Oz increments because the parents choice bags come in 10 Oz and most of my frozen milk I donate to moms andbabies who need it, and especially in months 4-5 I'm usually freezing 40ish ounces at the end of the week so 4 10oz bags is easier than 7 6 ounce bags.
  • @jhysmath that’s very helpful, thank you!!!
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @maple1422 The reasons I see to use Kiinde is that I can pump directly into them, it’s unlikely that baby will swallow air while feeding since the bag shrinks as they empty it, the bags are easy to store and will take less space than something bulkier, and it cuts back on dishes, all which is important for us living in an RV. 

We don’t have any other bottles and no previous experience since it’s our first child, so that is probably affecting my choice as well. 

Based on what @jhysmath said, here is to hoping I produce in a way that works with the bags. Otherwise, I have a bunch of them for baby food and such.
  • @maple1422 For me, I was a huge fan of the nipple that Kiinde uses and it cut down on how many bottles we had to wash. We also actively try to reduce our waste in my household, and the Kiinde bags are recyclable. I know they're not for everyone, but they do work really well and warm up nicely. And if you decide to use them and pump into a bottle and then transfer to a bag (this was common for us), you can always use a simple funnel.
    DD 10/2019
  • @maple1422 I only used storage bags if I was freezing milk. I did this at the end of the week with whatever didn't get used minus enough milk from Friday for Monday”
    @jhysmath I did the same exact thing except I’d make his daycare bottles when I got home instead of using mason jar. I had about 10 bottles so I had some in wash and some in fridge to spare. 
    This would also be my recommendation! Worked out well and some people make “just enough” which is fine! They just don’t need a ton of storage bags / systems. 
  • @trapperkeeper87 you guys all have me convinced lol I just ordered it! 
  • Anybody following the kiinde deals that was eyeing up the gift set, it’s on sale for half off. 
  • @maple1422 This is a pretty good deal if it's a set you plan to use! We actually used all of the pieces at one point or another (minus the pump adapters, as we only used what I needed). I honestly found the Foodii container handy for some things, but I usually just scooped baby food right from the blender and into the funnel.

If Baby is going to be watched by someone else on a fairly regular basis, consider having a second intro set sent to that house. We got my in-laws a set and it made it easier and cheaper on all of us (an extra bottle case [not necessary, but nice for bottle structure and support] and an extra nipple). The gift set isn't really necessary for both houses, though, unless you have special circumstances.

OH! And with the bottle warmer, read the directions! You can totally brick the unit if you don't, and keeping it maintained is so easy (which is basically making sure it always has water before turning it on).
    DD 10/2019
  • I’m starting to think that company is going out of business with all these deals! That, or they are going to come out with a new version and they are trying to empty out their inventory. Either way- it’s a win for us!
  • @runsonanxiety I think they're still just working to get their name out there. I was able to grab these same great deals in 2019 with my daughter, and I haven't seen a slow down from them!
    DD 10/2019
  • One of the accounts I follow on IG posted codes for different items. Here are some I like.

• @jhysmath Have you used Kindred Bravely before? I've been eyeballing their bras and almost pulled the trigger a few times.
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 I love their French terry ,I think sleep bras, but I wear them constantly after baby comes. I like to just pull a boob out instead of having to unclip. I had another one of theirs that's more like a bra but it didn't unclip and was a pain to put on so I didn't wear it often. 4 years later all the Terry ones I still wear, the other one the fabric is coming off the cups. They only had the two styles 4 years ago, I'm thinking of using some fsa funds to buy their pumping bras (fyi those with fsas pumping bras are fsa eligible.)
  • Ooo I love EarthMama - I have gotten their perineal spray and milk mama tea every pregnancy in prep for postpartum!
  • @trapperkeeper87 I've used their french terry sleep bra, organic cotton sleep bra, sports bras, and the sublime hands free pumping and nursing bra. I've loved them all! The sublime hands free pumping and nursing one is a little bulky, so I think I'll look for a different one this next go around. But I wear the sleep bras and sports bras every day! 

• I love my Sarah Wells pumping bag. Here's a code for a discount off one. The company is so good that they will replace our fix anything that might break. I had a zipper pull get broken in the wash and they sent me a new one to fix it as well as a new pumparoo. 

This is actually the same bag I have "floral Lizzy" and it's still in great shape 4 years later.
  • @jhysmath That's so pretty! I wish I had a reason for a pumping bag... 🤔
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 are you meaning not needing a pumping bag because you won't need to pump away from home or you won't pump at all? If it's the first, you'll need a place to store your pumping supplies so why not get something you can hang in the closet for easy storage?🤷‍♀️😅 my cousin always told me I was terrible to shop with cuz I encouraged her to buy everything so sorry if you don't want/need the encouragement 😂 
  • @babywiik I think I'll be able to convince my husband that I need somewhere nice to keep my pump to keep it away from toddler hands. Good idea! 😄
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 I think I'll take my own advice and buy something similar (idk if this one would ship overseas). My daughter runs off with everything and I don't need pump pieces getting lost.
  • @babywiik I just realized I got a wet dry bag from this designer when I ordered my pump (I told my husband I just really needed it). It sounded really familiar and I couldn't figure out why. If I could talk him into that, then I should be able to talk him into this. 😅

DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 haha! There are so many "essentials" when it comes to babies and breastfeeding😂 the birthing center here opens their kitchen/sitting room area for pregnant moms to meet on Monday evenings. One of the other ladies said she told her husband it was mandatory so she could get her 2 hr break every week and he wouldn't question it😅
  • @babywiik That's genius! I need that in my life.
    DD 10/2019