Weekly Check-In 5/16

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/16

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/6 / 10+6

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I had lab work last week, so all those results are trickling in. I also had NIPT at the same time, which felt early, but waiting on those results. I'm already eagerly/anxiously awaiting an ultrasound next Tuesday, which will be my first since 6 weeks. I'm hopeful but nervous after my MMC in January.

How are you feeling?: Mostly fine, and therefore anxious. A little more tired than usual, slightly sore boobs, and some stomach weirdness/aversions to all things not carbs.

Rants/Raves: Probably many, but I can't think of any now!

Questions: Is anyone else super paranoid about how they sit/stand up/roll over? I sat down too hard the other day, felt a twinge, and immediately freaked out. 
  • msd15msd15 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/5 / 11wks today

Upcoming Appointments or Results:had an US last Tuesday and all looked good. My BP was higher than they like so I have to go back this Friday to get it checked out hope also checking it daily and keeping a log. Doc did also mention they can do the blood test to find out the gender at this apt. Hoping they will do another US 

How are you feeling?: as always incredibly anxious. Had some spotting yesterday which freaked me the hell out which is the main reason im hoping for another US this week

Rants/Raves: rants I guess. I want to enjoy this pregnancy but im so consumed with anxiety I can’t. As soon as I feel comfortable something happens that freaks me out

Questions: @jenkm1110 yes same! Every time I move or twist the I a “twinge” and freak out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • bustabucketbustabucket member
    edited May 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/21, 8w5d

Upcoming Appointments or Results:  Nothing till NIPT in a couple weeks, then NT ultrasound at our 12 wk on 6/9. Feels like a loooong time to wait before seeing the baby again, but frankly, I feel too crappy to even be all that anxious right now.

How are you feeling?: Really not so good. I had no idea I’d feel so sick and run down during the 1st trimester. I’ve also gained >10 lbs from being able to eat nothing but carbs, which has me super cranky and self-conscious. Add to that irritable, acne-sprinkled, and painfully constipated…not loving my introduction to pregnancy so far, and praying it’s true that it gets better after this stage.

Rants/Raves: We did “Sneak Peek,” so it was really fun to be able to find out we’re having a girl this early on :)

Questions: Can I just please nap until 13 weeks?
  • Eat due date / weeks: 12/8, 10 wk 5 days

Upcoming Appt or Results: just had my blood draw today for a bunch of things including the NIPT. Can’t wait to find out! I’ve got an ultrasound in 2 weeks or so.

How are you feeling? Unisom for allergies also has solved all my nausea woes, so feeling surprisingly fine other than if I eat a normal sized meal I feel gross afterwards. And I get hungry really soon after eating. Lots of small meals it is. Feeling anxious over not having many symptoms anymore but I’ve had no spotting or anything. Feeling a little tired, but not as bad as with my first.

Questions: None right now. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @msd15 fingers crossed you get the US this week! I'm hoping once we can feel baby moving some anxiety will lessen a bit. I hate just not knowing what's going on in there!

@jzajac06 I need each day to be 48 hours long (with dedicated nap times)

@scoutkate @bustabucket Hope you both start feeling better soon! And that is SO exciting you know you're having a girl!!

@jelliebeen27 That's a bummer about your insurance, but kind of nice you get double appointments 

@omnommer I'm right there with you on the symptoms.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  10 weeks 4 days
    December 9th
    Upcoming Appointments or Results: next ultrasound at private place on may 31st but next ob appointment on June 2nd

How are you feeling?: Tired all the time leg cramps peeing constantly always hungry bloated

Rants/Raves: not much other than this is my second and I haven't told many people yet but this bloat or early bump is making things really difficult to keep hidden

Questions:Were any of you able to still get the NIPT test done close to 13 weeks I know it's after 9 or 10 weeks
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/21 / 8w6d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: My first appt with an OB is next Wednesday. I'm pretty excited, hopefully they can tell me more about the due date and we can get some tests going so I can finally move passed this milestone. 

How are you feeling?: Honestly I'm feeling a lot better,  pregnancy symptoms hit me so hard at first but now I'm getting a bit of a reprieve. Some nausea, tiredness, headaches every once inawhile. Now my hips kill me sometimes and I'm adjusting to sleeping on my sides.

Rants/Raves: Why am I already showing😭 I started showing at like 6-7wks and it's growing more. Its an actual bump and doesn't look like bloat. Already wearing maternity leggings at work

Questions: Do we need to wear different seatbelts? I'm worried now when driving what if it hits my stomach too hard. I drive a lot in heavy traffic in DC where there are always accidents so I'm a little paranoid about this now.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/31 / 7w3d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: My first with my regular OB is June 3rd. I was officially dismissed from my fertility clinic last week! 

How are you feeling?: Overwhelmed. Some times, I want to throw up, others I feel totally fine. There's no rhyme or reason for it (yet anyway) so I'm always anxious I could start feeling gross at any second. 

Rants/Raves: I am SO BLOATED. Ugh. I'm not small to begin with, but have lost 40 lbs recently so a little bummed to gain back. BUT am so excited that we got to see our little gummy bear on ultrasound already. Being an IVF mom has it's perks! We didn't hear the heart beat, but got to see it. It was incredible. Heart beat was 121. 

Questions: Anyone have good bra recommendations? My boobs are already big and just growing! I tried those "mama's shop" ones I kept seeing on IG and they're a hard pass. 
  • If you’re still okay with underwire, I’m a big fan of Wacoal sports bras. They don’t look like sports bras, just have wider band and straps, and they’re super supportive. Can be spendy, but worth it in my book!
  • Luckily my breast haven’t gotten any bigger so I’m just using the “lounge” bras 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/27 8w0d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I have a zoom appointment with the midwives at the only birth center with availability for my due date. The appointment is to see if I meet the qualifications and if I'm interested (which I definitely am!). I had a homebirth with my daughter, but I want some more security with this birth because I'm 10 years older. I hope they accept me because I'm overweight and I've had 2 LEEP procedures. Fingers crossed 🤞!

How are you feeling?: I alternate between low symptoms (which cause anxiety) and nausea, food aversions, and exhaustion (which i find reassuring). I've also had diarrhea since 15dpo, but I guess it's better than the constipation with my daughter.

Rants/Raves: I just wish there were more ultrasounds to know everything is alright. 

Questions: Have others experienced symptoms flyctuate?
  • @scoutkate I took zofran for my last pregnancy 8 years ago and I'm taking it now too. My OB said they don't prescribe it anymore in the first trimester, but I already have a prescription from my GI for it and my OB was ok with me taking it. From what I dug up all the studies done on zofran showed that it is safe throughout pregnancy for mom and baby, but in a 2020 meta-analysis of 8 studies it was suggested that zofran in the first trimester can slightly raise the risk of heart defects and cleft palate in baby. It was a 0.03% increased risk. For my part, that is barely above the background risk with or without zofran, and there are many factors that could play a role in those outcomes besides the medications. And the studies themselves both before and since that meta-analysis all show zofran is safe.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    12/7/22. 11 weeks today.

12 week appointment amd ultrasound coming up on 5/25. I had elevated sugar in my urine a couple weeks ago so they are doing a gestational diabetes screen on me really early too... still waiting to schedule it.

How are you feeling?:
    Tired, nauseous, and sore all over. My lower stomach is starting to feel firmer like I'm going to pop soon, so I'm getting excited for second trimester around the corner.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: It has been a rough week. Had a funeral last Thursday and family drama from that all weekend. Then my high blood sugar worries and having to be extra careful what I eat because it really affects how I'm able to function the rest of the day.
    Rave: My husband is amazing. I had picked up cooking dinners because of his low energy (he used to cook before he was sick), but with my nausea and extreme tiredness lately he has pushed himself to cover that duty more often and it has been everything to be able to lay down for a couple hours after work. 
  • @momof2indecember2022 I had NIPT done at 10 weeks, but I think I read on the instruction form I got that it can be done much later. I would think 13 weeks is fine, but it never hurts to check with your doctor to make sure!

@sarahsays25 my hips have been bothering me too!

@sophsters my symptoms have generally been mild, but they did disappear completely for a bit before coming back the last few days.

@sprout1234 yay due date buddies! It's definitely tough to schedule doctor's appointments around work. I haven't told my boss I'm pregnant yet, but I think she's figured it out since I suddenly had to request a bunch of time off for appts.

@portentosa I'm sorry to hear about your week. Fingers crossed for symptoms improving soon!
  • kdrn913kdrn913 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/21 9 weeks today 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had first ultrasound/appt on monday this week. I go next week for NIPT blood draw but then don’t see the OB again for 4 weeks . 

How are you feeling?: Really tired, boobs sore. nausea tolerable since starting unisom 

Rants/Raves: My BP was high at my appt , but was mega nervous since we hadn’t had a scan yet. I had some hypertension issues in second pregnancy but not until the very end. My OB said she may have me start taking baby aspirin, hoping everything just stays within range 

Questions: I don’t think they are doing a 12 week/NT scan, is everyone else having one? next ultrasound they scheduled was anatomy scan 
  • @kdrn913 Due date buddies! Our NT scan is scheduled for the 12 wk visit, then repeat visits/US scheduled ~ every 4 until 30 weeks, at which point they’ll increase in frequency to every 2 weeks. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/01/22 / 11w6d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: NIPT next week. My next OB appointment isn’t until the middle of June. 

How are you feeling?: Someone get me a pillow. 😴

Rants/Raves: I wish this baby / my body could figure out a schedule with this morning (AKA all day, every day sickness). I had HG with my first but I don’t remember ever feeling defeated by it. 

Questions: Anyone know good, reasonably-prices places to shop for maternity clothes these days?
  • @jenkm1110 Thank you, that makes me feel better! I had a missed miscarriage with my last and even though I've seen the heartbeat with this one I'm still anxious.
  • kdrn913kdrn913 member
    @goodyblmp my fav places last time around were target, old navy, gap! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    December 18 / 9 + 5

Next appointment isn't until June 6 with an US and NIPT at 12 weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing baby again, these appointments are too spread out.

How are you feeling?:
    I'm still exhausted but honestly starting get my feet under me. Slightly more energy to do exercise and chores, more brain capacity to get through work things. My nausea is subsiding a bit but now I get more heartburn. Trying to get more veggies into my diet.
    My biggest complaint right now is constipation. I have to take fiber every day and gi related cramping makes me paranoid about baby. Is it poop? Or is it my baby? 

Rants/Raves: 
    I'm really proud of myself this week. I've had a lot of issues around medical care costs in the past and hate calling the insurance company... Like most people I think. But I worked up the courage to call and confirm about our prenatal coverage. The person I spoke to was so kind about my awkwardness on the phone.

Questions: 
    Looking for tips about constipation. 
  • @talldecafcappuccino You should try drinking prune juice, it's healthy and honestly helps get things moving including gas. Doesn't taste the best but if you chug a glass whenever you feel constipated it's not so bad. Just make sure you get the 100% juice and not the cocktail syrup mixes
  • @sarahsays25 I'll give it a shot, thanks!
  • Update to my check-in: argh! I had NIPT done last week. This afternoon I had a voicemail from my doctor's office asking me to call because I had some results come in. However, they called at 4:00 and said they'd only be there until 4:30...and I didn't get the voicemail until 5:00. So now I'm just going to be stressed all weekend. I wish they had just waited until Monday to call (or, if everything is fine, just snuck a little "it's fine!" into the message.).
  • @talldecafcappuccino fibre supplements can make you super crampy if you aren’t used to them. You need to drink lots of fluids for them to work properly! I also second the recommendation for pure prune juice if you can manage it (even a small “shot” morning and night will do wonders).  Also making sure you have soluble fibre to pull water into your colon (think oatmeal, pears, applesauce etc).  Lastly if it’s been several days don’t be afraid to ask your doctor for some stool softeners or a gentle laxative. 

@jenkm1110 oh no! That would drive me bonkers. Try your best to not worry, they probably just wanted to be able to bill for the callback. Hoping everything is fine for you :) 
  • @jenkm1110 That would drive me mad too! I hope the weekend flies by for you.