January 2023 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating - May

Or perhaps, not eating.

Re: What my pregnant self is eating - May

• I was just saying to my husband how I'm worried because I didn't feel pregnant. Had somewhat bad morning sickness with my first. Well wouldn't you know it last 2 days it's like nonstop neasuea. I look at food and 🤢. We haven't told anyone yet so I'm trying to act like I'm fine everywhere I go. 🙃 
  • An easier thread… what aversions do I have? 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ So far, wanting all things chocolate. MH got me granola clusters to snack on (I can’t eat full meals anymore, thanks morning sickness), and they are amazing! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually don't eat breakfast but I have to now or I will throw up.  I don't know if it is the pregnancy or my prenatal vitamins.  I usually grab a kind bar or something.  As far as meals, they haven't changed much.  Having Thai for lunch later! 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB The same thing almost happened to me this morning, I think I am getting my first little bouts of nausea. I think I'll be eating small, frequent meals/snacks for now since an empty stomach seems to cause the most issues!

I guess bagels, trail mix, yogurt, crackers, etc for me today!
  • ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited May 2022
    I feel like such an amateur .  I ate ahi tuna the other night.  My husband even asked me before he cooked it.  I replied "as long as it is cooked I don't see why not".  Half way through I googled and and gave him the rest.  It was Yellowfin variety so not as bad as some of the others but ughhhhhhh.  It's been five/six years since I was pregnant and I guess I forget all the rules. 

edit - typos
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• I’m eating small things pretty often. I have to eat as soon as feel hungry otherwise I become nauseated. I also get random cravings that I HAVE to have right then. The other day I was making PB&Js for my kiddos, but I suddenly HAD to have one as well.
  • I was cool until yesterday and the nausea is real. I was able to stomach some small meals but geez this child is already dramatic—I got ZERO morning sickness with my other pregnancies 
  • I usually don't eat breakfast but I have to now or I will throw up.  I don't know if it is the pregnancy or my prenatal vitamins.  I usually grab a kind bar or something.  As far as meals, they haven't changed much.  Having Thai for lunch later! 
    Try taking your prenatals at night and see if that helps at all! My friend recommended taking them before bed because they had made her nauseous. I've been taking mine at night, then a full glass of water before I eat breakfast and that seems to work for me. But everyone is different...
  • I’m struggling! I have no appetite and can’t stomach most vegetables or protein … I’m worried about not getting enough nutrients and specifically protein 😵‍💫… but I’m sure lacking some nutrients is common in the first trimester??   
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    @cdobbins24 do you think you could get a protein shake down? 
  • For me, it's the pregnancy.  I take my prenatal at night before bed, so that's not it.  I think it's the empty stomach in the morning.  If I try to do much beyond getting dressed, I have to eat something or I feel sick.  
  • cdobbins24cdobbins24 member
    edited May 2022
    @bwow615  Yea! I can get down a smoothie with protein powder in it 
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    I’m craving carbs (all forms of potatoes) and Mexican food. I don’t really remember being so hungry with my first two pregnancies.  
  • I'm at almost the end of week 7 and boy have things changed. I've gone through the nausea but now it seems that even if I'm hungry nothing seems appealing. So when I eat after a few bites I don't want it. No food, not even my favorite foods are appealing.
  • Looking for suggestions of an app to look up pregnant safe foods vs not. I’ve been using “Pregnancy Diet” but looking for a non-subscription one with proper research behind it. Thanks!
  • I’ve been eating all sorts of hummus. Chocolate hummus, all flavours of hummus with fruit and veggies. Only thing keeping me sane at the moment. Carbs just make me really nauseous. 
  • I was I was gluten free dairy free sugar free caffeine free and alcohol free trying to conceive and felt great but now all I can stomach is toast with peanut butter and bagels with cream cheese 😬 this is identical to my first borns pregnancy and I only gained 30lbs with him so I’m hoping I don’t pack on too much weight again with the massive diet change lol 
  • I've been having almond milk/Greek yogurt/flax/chia/oats/frozen fruits smoothies every morning (except one day when I ran out of milk) since my egg transfer and I feel pretty normal maybe just minor nausea but I can't tell if it's morning sickness yet...knock on wood!

Aside from that I have a dried fruit/but bar or a whole wheat egg and avocado sandwich with grape tomatoes/mushrooms/peppers for breakfast and I started liquid IV hoping to get better hydrated. I have a big leafy green salad whenever I'm in office (2x a week) and my husband and I try to cook something pretty healthy at least 5 days a week. The other 2 days we eat out where he wants (for now) and I just order whatever looks healthiest
  • Nothing at all is appealing to me. I feel bloated and a little queasy most of the time. I’ve been making myself have little snacks when I can stomach it but I don’t really even feel like eating that. I’m taking prenatals but still a little concerned about getting enough nutrients. Part of me feels like our bodies probably know best, but still a little concerned.
  • I’ve finally stopped feeling nauseous and have started eating real food again. However, I’m having a hard time finding healthy things to eat. So far, I’ve been eating alot of fruits, nuts, yogurt, and granola. My husband and I are also not the best cooks either. Does any one have any go to lunch/dinner recipes? 
  • @jaydeleo I love all the recipes of cleaneatingmag.com! It’s a great resource when you just can’t think of recipe ideas. 
  • @cdobbins24 Try talking to ob about any supplements to get what you can’t with these adversions . You and baby need all the nutrients you can get in this stage. Important things are happening everyday.
  • I always feel sick I always get sick as early as 4 weeks pregnant untill 15 weeks
  • Idk if there’s a recipe thread I should add this to instead, but I just worked out a weirdly delicious (and pregnancy craving-driven) hot beverage to replace my morning coffee; sharing for anyone who likes creamy, sweet maple vibes:

1 c unsweetened almond milk (dairy works, too)
    3 drops pure Maple extract
    sweetener to taste
    cinnamon to taste
    optional: whipped cream or frothed milk on top

Heat everything but the whipped cream or frothed milk until steaming, stir, and enjoy. It’s caffeine-free and cozy for days like today, when it’s in the 50s in NH and you want to punch Mother Nature in the face for pretending it’s still freaking March. I haven’t been able to stomach decaf coffee or tea, but this little mocktail is pretty darn good and doesn’t provoke any weird tummy churning.
  • mama2890mama2890 member
    edited June 2022