December 2022 Moms

GTKY 5/17

What shows/movies have you been watching lately? Any recommendations?

Re: GTKY 5/17

• I'm finally catching up on the latest season of Handmaid's Tale...I'm not sure why I thought pregnancy would be a good time to watch that! I also recently watched Abbot Elementary, which is super sweet and light-hearted.
  • I have been watching Halo, nhl playoffs until my pens got eliminated. Worst cooks in America 
  • Loading the player...
  • jenkm1110 said:
    I'm finally catching up on the latest season of Handmaid's Tale...I'm not sure why I thought pregnancy would be a good time to watch that! 
    Oh yeah, that's a rough one. I watched the first season when my daughter was, like, 6 weeks old. It was rough.

We ran out of TV shows we were watching -- we'd recently run through the Harley Quinn cartoon, and then Moon Knight -- and with the news of the new Doctor's casting, decided to run through a rewatch of Doctor Who. We'd stopped after the first Capaldi season, just a little bit exhausted with the whole thing, and some reruns of later episodes got is going like, yeah, okay, maybe we'll give it another go. 

I'm watching season 2 of Bridgerton while I fold laundry. Which is always. The laundry is never done. I think I'm halfway through? I should check how many episodes there are.
  • msd15msd15 member
    I need to finish the 2nd season of Bridgerton. We say Dr. Strange last weekend and really liked it. Watch a lot of Atlanta United (our soccer team). Hoping the see the new Sandra Bullock lost city soon, heard it was really funny
  • I recently watched both seasons of Bridgerton for the first time. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. Those costumes!!!
  • kdrn913kdrn913 member
    I am wrapping up watching Sweet Magnolias right now! 
    The last show my husband and I watched together was Yellowstone! 
  • I just started watching Agent Carter for the first time. So far I am really enjoying it. I need to catch up on Spiderman and Doctor Strange. Somehow haven't been spoiled on either of them yet.

The costumes in Bridgerton are amazing. I also love all the flowers on the show. So pretty!
  • I'm rewatching Jane the Virgin which has been super fun, esp in the first season while she's pregnant (I keep being like HOW IS SHE DOING ALL THIS, THIS IS NOT REALISTIC, SHE SHOULD BE FLAT OUT EXHAUSTED AND SLEEPING INSTEAD OF CAUGHT IN A FUN LOVE TRIANGLE). My partner has been watching too and weirdly more into it bc he can follow all the baby updates in the show (like there's a whole episode where they're worried about the amnio results and I think it's helping him prepare for when we go to do it haha). But also just a fun show in general!
  • I’ve been (mostly) enjoying the new season of Westworld, and Loot has been an easy, low stakes show with a fun and nostalgic soundtrack
  • Only murders in the building is so much fun. I highly suggest it. Second season just ended so it’s a good one to binge. And episodes are short.
  • I started The Boyz season three last night and there was one part that I couldn’t stop laughing