November 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check in for DD 11/1-11/8 (w/o 5/16)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check in for DD 11/1-11/8 (w/o 5/16)

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 5th / 15w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Nothing until May 31st.

How are you feeling?: Finally feeling better. I have energy, don't need a nap every day, nausea is super minimal! 

Rants/Raves: Rant - DH is going to Chicago this weekend and my in-laws were exposed to COVID, so right as I'm feeling good enough to return to my workout routine, I have to cancel my weekend classes at the gym because I don't have anyone to watch DS. 
    Rave - We found out baby is a BOY! Knowing and starting to really try out names makes everything feel so much more real. 

Questions: DH and I have started to discuss how we'll be taking leave from work when the baby comes. I get 15 weeks paid leave and DH gets 8 weeks. For those other fortunate enough to both get leave, do you plan to take it at the same time? Or consecutively? 
  • Options
    @ashnicell hubby and I have always taken our leave together. The first weeks are so crazy with newborn, and especially adding another child, that having him around to help is super nice. This time around he's actually taking more leave than me lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th - 15 weeks 2 days (just like @ashnicell!)

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Our insurance is changing in June and I’m still researching options… so currently nothing scheduled! NIPT had one potential issue, but it’s like a 50/50 chance and doesn’t change anything for us. The ultrasound was also normal, which the genetic counselor said was a really positive sign. So just staying the course since we don’t want to risk anything invasive and hoping for the best!

How are you feeling?: Much better overall but still moments when I’m absolutely wiped out! (Like tonight!)

Rants/Raves: My rant is below - I will never understand how our country doesn’t require paid maternity leave in this day and age. Rave - we leave for our honeymoon this weekend and are so excited for some time off of work!

Questions: My husband and I both get 0 days of paid leave. I have no idea how we’re going to get by but we’re just doing our best to save up. I’m pretty anxious about it, honestly. We’ll probably only be able to afford him taking like 1-2 weeks off…? Sigh. Anyone else in this position or have any advice?
  • Options
    js1213js1213 member
    @joyfulchickadee - I only get paid if I use my PTO, which I'll only use 2 weeks of because I want the extra (another 4 days) for when I return. I also have short term disability so that's a little something. My husband gets a week paid and will use PTO for whatever extra time he wants to take. I'm taking 12 weeks regardless. What helped me was figuring out how much we will actually need for those 12 weeks to pay our bills and get food, etc. Knowing an approximate figure was really helpful and thankfully, my tax return covers a good portion. I have a savings account specially for maternity leave now. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/4, 15&4

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Friday we're going to an ultrasound boutique that we used last time to find out boy/girl status. It's more expensive than the extra one offered by my OB, but toddler son can come and it's more intimate and a longer session. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good. Emotional, but not too bad. I think I might be starting to feel baby movements. 

Rants/Raves: I have a week off and get to get caught up on stuff and spend time with my first kiddo. On the other hand, I really hate cleaning so not looking forward to that. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: May 23rd for 16 week apt

How are you feeling?: I caught a cold last week that hasn’t been pleasant, probably not helped by the fact that I’m pregnant, but I’m recovering and it luckily wasn’t covid.

Rants/Raves: Rants: finding sex positions that are comfortable is already starting to be a pain and my bumps not even that big yet!
    Raves: been enjoying time off even tho I was sick during it.

Questions: anyone planning a baby moon? Where/what are you planning?
  • Options
    manamo777manamo777 member
    edited May 2022
    @ashnicell my partner and I are planning to do at least the first month leave at the same time. My partner has less leave than me tho so he wants to try to see if he can do a part time schedule for a few months using his leave time to do so (if they will allow that that is).

@joyfulchickadee any chance you live in a state with a paid leave program?
  • Options
    @manamo777 My husband has to take his paternal leave all at once, other wise we'd split it with 4 weeks right away and 4 weeks when I go back to work. However, we are super fortunate that his work has unlimited PTO (within reason). Generally no more than a week at a time during a busy season, which November is for him. So we've debated him taking a week of PTO and then taking his paternal leave later. He does work from home, so even if he's working, he would still be around. The tough part is that I had a C-section with DS and it's likely I'll need another one. My recovery was really tough the first time around and I relief on him a lot!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 5th / 15w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Second prenatal appointment tomorrow (May 18)

How are you feeling?: I was feeling great until 14+6 when I got sick a couple of times in the morning. I have some bouts of nausea throughout the day but nothing consistent and I haven't gotten sick since. Something to ask the doc about.

Rants/Raves: Rant - I want to hear the heartbeat so bad!! After I hear it tomorrow at our appointment I will send my formal email to HR about going on maternity in the fall
    Rave - my SIL gave me her pregnancy pillow and OMG I'm in love
    Rave - I think I have started to feel movements? Not sure though, it's hard to tell! I won't get too excited until I am positive of what I am feeling is baby.

Questions:  nothing I can think of!

@ashnicell I live in Canada and get 12-18 months of maternity leave but I am so sorry that you have to make those difficult decisions on when to take your time off. I honestly haven't looked into paternity leave here but I am hoping that my husband will take a week off of work (he can work from home most of the time) and then continue to work from home/not work out of the home very often after that. I don't really want him not working for too much longer because he will drive me crazy! As long as he is around I'll be happy. I also have my mom who lives 5 minutes away so I know I'll be supported.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 8 / 15w0d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: June 7 

How are you feeling?: I feel pretty good. All nausea is over, but I’m still tired. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rants: I have been in having round ligament pains and tons of pressure in my crotch region. I just hurt all the time lol 
    raves: we did NIPT, and I found out we are having another boy! 
    Questions:
    None 
  • Options
    @littlemarshmallow I feel the same way when it comes to maternity leave talk. It always makes me so sad that not everyone gets to have that time off.
    Your hubby can take 5 weeks paternity for the year, 8 weeks for the 18 months, without it affecting your parental leave, and after that he can take however many weeks you're willing to give up. Last time I took 18 months and gave my hubby 5 extra weeks so with his week vacation he had saved he was off for 14 weeks total. This time he's taking 6 months (because I work from home part time with flex hours I'm pretty much only taking my mat leave) 
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022