September 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms, 5/9

rando, calling all randos....
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Randoms, 5/9

• I couldn't find the strange dreams thread so it can go here. I had a dream this morning that I was at my parents and a bunch of my family was there. For some reason everyone was incompetent so I was expected to do everything. I snapped and slapped my husband and scream/cried at my mom to leave me alone and figure things out by herself. Then I hid in the bedroom and my nephews came in asking if I'd play games and go swimming with them. Absolutely NOT! I was so out of control. Thankful it was just a dream😅
  • @babywiik that sounds stressful!!! And reminds me, I had a very odd dream 😂 I’ll add it.

Hubbs and I were in the woods on a large gravel road and there was a river running next to us (kind of like the Metolius area if you’re familiar). There were lots of cars and people, but we chose a side road and wanted to go get down and dirty in the woods away from people. This is a little out of character but not the weirdest thing… HOWEVER…
    As we were walking down that small side road, a grown ass male lion was running next to us in the woods about 150-200ft to the right of us. I remember he stood out more to me for being kind of ugly for a lion than for being A LION in the Eastern Oregon woods.
    Then, I woke up. I am still a little befuddled and this was on the night to Saturday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do we have a sales/deals thread? I remember having one in my January '18 group where we would post if we saw a good sale on baby/maternity products!
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @whitta1015 I think people have been posting them here or if there is a product spotlight for that item, in that. 
  • @whitta1015 we do not as of yet but feel free to make one !
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @whitta1015 I made a thread for it. I think it's a great idea!
  • Yay to finally hearing back to the urologist who will actually see me without insurance as a cash payment since my insurance is terrible. Better yet instead of 3 months out it’s only a few weeks. I was actually expecting it to be ridiculously expensive but they gave me a discount rate and now hopefully I can get this business behind me. 🙌🏻 
  • It's that time again!

This week's fun with stats:

(Once again, data is primarily gathered from the introductions and ultrasounds posts, with occasional additions from the weekly updates thread).

1) We currently have 54 women who are active in this board.  "Active" in this case being defined as having posted within the past two weeks. Of our active ladies,
    • 1 is due in middle August but has chosen to hang out with us
    • 14 are due in the first week of September (9/1-9/7)
    • 14 are due in the second week of September (9/8-9/15)
    • 13 are due in the third week of September (9/16-9/22)
    • 12 are due in the last week of September (9/23-9/30)
    2) In terms of age, of our active ladies,
    • 11 are age 25-29
    • 15 are age 30-34
    • 8 are age 35-39
    • 3 are 40 and over
    • 17 have not disclosed their age
    3) What baby number is it for our active ladies?
    • For 30 of us, it's the first baby.
    • For 13 of us, it's the second baby.
    • For 6 of us, it's the third or more baby.
    • For 5 of us, this data is unknown.
    4) Where are our active ladies?
    • 10 are outside the U.S. (Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Norway) 
    • 6 are in the Pacific coast states (CA, OR, WA)
    • 8 are in the Midwest (MI, MN, NE, WI, unknown) 
    • 3 are in the Northeast (MA, NH) 
    • 1 is in the mid-Atlantic (PA)
    • 4 are in the Southeast (GA, NC, SC)
    • 1 is in the Deep South (LA)
    • 22 have not disclosed their location.
    • So far we have no ladies who have reported their location as Appalachia (e.g., WV, KY), the mid-Atlantic (e.g., NY, PA), the Southwest (e.g., AZ, NM) or non-continental states (HI, AK)
    6) For sex, so far...
    • 18 mamas have announced for team blue 
    • Planned boy names: Ephraim, Jackson, Nevillen, William, Wyoming, Zig
    • 16 mamas has officially announced for team pink
    • Planned girl names: Gracelyn, Hazel, Ivy
    • 6 mamas have reported they plan to be team green
    • 1 mama has announced she is having one of each (blue/pink twins!)
    *Note that these tallies indicate specific usernames who have stated explicitly the sex of their baby(ies) - this does not encapsulate the total courts on the "I'm Just Here for the SEX" post, which are higher.

7) So far, only one of our active ladies has reported they are having twins (but we do have some inactive ladies with multiples as well).

8) Other factoids:
    • We have 12 women who have posted more than 2 weeks ago but less than a month ago (54of these have only posted once).
    • We have 206 women who have posted more than a month ago (81 of these only posted once).
    • We have unfortunately also had 8 women who have left us following confirmed losses.
    • We have 5 women who previously posted but have since deleted their accounts.
    • We have 1 woman who has since relocated to the October board.

If you don't think I'm accounting for your data (or you want to check), let me know and I'll update my spreadsheet. 
    Current pregnancy -

• I had a great chiropractor appointment. He wants to see me 2 times the next 2 weeks so I guess I'll be using some more sick time. My husband went last night and he said his back is feeling better already. I've packed up 8ish boxes which include all my cloth diapers (not newborn as a friend has those currently) and all my pumping stuff now is in one big box instead of multiple other boxes. Now I've got to be at work in 9 minutes, but I'm much preferring being home and packing. I only have one class left to teach, it's going to be a great Friday. 
  • We have ice cream in the freezer, but I just made my husband run out and get me a strawberry, banana, and hot fudge sundae. No regrets.
    DD 10/2019
  • maple1422maple1422 member
    edited May 2022
    @trapperkeeper87 were vibing on this ice cream stuff. I drove into a storm on Thursday to get DQ because I wanted a blizzard all day. I was able to stay strong until 8 pm when DH said he wanted DQ too, so I jumped up to go get a couple blizzards. The Oreo dirt pie is the BOMB! It has gummy worms in it!
  • @kboydbowman I love a good yard sale day! Enjoy it all buy all the bargains! 
  • edited May 2022
    @kboydbowman I hope you listened to the universe and allowed yourself to get some cute boy things 😘

im getting my Mother’s Day redo today. Slept in with my boys until 7:30 and got dressed and makeup done and chick fil a breakfast. Now enjoying a beautiful morning at the park listening to the bird. Thank god the illness is out of our house and we are turning the corner 🥹 I’m happy crying 
  • @kboydbowman such good news! 
  • Y’all, sometimes I am kind of an idiot… but in an endearing way is what I like to think.
    We don’t buy socks often. A couple years ago, I think, we each got a pack of Puma socks from Costco. Also relevant here is that I enjoy taking care of the laundry so I put it away. Every day. Sometimes twice - we have a small washer (Splendide 7100XC). 

Within the last ten minutes, I learned that my husband has DARK grey socks and LIGHT grey socks and that apparently, I’ve been pairing them up at complete random because I thought there were just BLACK and GREY socks.

So yeah, not even a pregnancy problem. This is just how I exist.
  • You enjoy laundry! I am the opposite. I especially hate putting it away. I avoid it sitting in laundry baskets forever and just pull my clothes out of the basket. I wish I could enjoy doing it! I don't even pair my socks, I just grab two that are similar. Guess I'm a slob in that way. 
  • mk2022xmk2022x member
    Yay @kboydbowman so happy to hear that! 💙

I just indulged in over the belly pants and I am sad I waited this long. My belly really started getting in the way starting last week and these are literally life changing haha
  • @rebornlotus I have never understood how people can do this. I'm so jealous. My clothes would be so wrinkled! What's your secret?? I have to fold/put mine away straight out of the dryer. 
  • lalarose22lalarose22 member
    edited May 2022
    @foreveronyourside I was at that park on Sunday ;) I had been wondering if we were located in the same area after some of your posts!! Small world!!
  • @mk2022x 100% YES! How are over the belly pants not just automatically a great idea for us? It also took me longer than it should have to discover them! Now, I'll never do a pregnancy without them again!
  • @maple1422 @mk2022x Same. Honestly more leggings than pants. I am now LIVING in over-the-belly leggings and I can't believe it took me so long. I might keep wearing these during 'regular' life. My existence has changed forever.