1st Trimester
Options

Almost 5 weeks pregnant and STARVING

Is it normal to be this hungry this early? I eat and then 30-1hr later it feels like I haven’t eaten all day. I don’t want to deprive Baby, but should I really be eating this much?

Re: Almost 5 weeks pregnant and STARVING

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I think it’s shocking how much we are suppose to eat to have vital nutrition even before pregnancy. I’m learning that I need to eat more than I did before because I never ate enough (skipped bfast for a while and didn’t have many snacks)

Nutrition is so important on this journey. The book Real Food for Pregnancy has enlightened me a lot. If I don’t eat every 2-3 hrs the nausea and headaches commence. It’s okay to eat, listen to you body- better yet look into what you need to be eating to help nourish your growing babe.
  • Options
    I’m 9 weeks now and I have been starving this whole time! Don’t worry about it, just eat something lol Plus, eating staves off nausea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bustabucketbustabucket member
    edited May 2022
    I felt the same way until a week or so ago, and now, it’s more about keeping the nausea under control!
  • Options
    I keep googling about this too. It’s my first pregnancy and the hunger is unreal. It seems like in an instant I get hungry to the point of feeling sick. If I don’t eat a snack before bed, I wake up in the middle of the night to eat. Does this go away after the 1st trimester??
  • Options
    sunshine222sunshine222 member
    edited May 2022
    Oh my gosh, im not the only one! It's been hell im 11 weeks and I have been feeling like im starving since week 7 it is so hard. It's hard for me because im not a snack person really and I don't have to much appetite except for soup and fruits which never fills my belly. Girl its a struggle as I am written this my head is on fire because I'm hungry again. It's sucks because if I don't eat i get so nauseous or I feel like I am going to throw up which here and there it happens because I waited a lil too long. Oh my and let's talk about our mouth not really having taste like they say matalic mine is like nothing really taste that great except for fruits thank god for them. The struggle is real! Best of luck ladies we will make it though!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @orangewood95 I was too, probably 5-10 weeks. It leveled out for me around 11 weeks, though I have learned to have a different relationship with food. Consume food that provides nutrition, protein and gives a source of strength (as oppose to the good old days of a bag of Cheetos, lol). Also, I totally agree with the other comments that say having a full tummy reduces nausea. That is very important. Tomorrow I am 14 weeks.