June 2022 Moms

Weekly Check In w/o 5/9

Hope everyone had a good Mother’s Day weekend!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 5/9

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: scheduled C-section June 8th (2 days before EDD). 35w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: NSTs 2x/week, OBGYN check-in Friday

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, ginormous (baby was measuring 6.5-7 lbs at her latest scan on Thursday!!)

Rants/Raves: I don't know why we even bother trying to plan things anymore! I mentioned last week that my husband was knocking it out of the park trying to plan something special for Mother's Day. All the plans were set but our 3 year old woke up at 3AM Sunday morning with a 103+ degree fever. It wasn't all for nothing because I spent the day checking things off our to do list, sanitizing bottles and pump parts, installing the baby's car seat, etc. but definitely not the relaxing day I'd envisioned. It felt very on-brand for our luck lately :D 

Questions: curious what STM+s are packing in their hospital bags. Last time I feel like I over packed and this time I'm just planning to pack an extra long phone charger, a few changes of clothes, a going home outfit for the baby, some basic toiletries and a few snacks. I may bring my Elvie and nursing/pumping bra just in case we end up pumping so I can pick the lactation consultant's brain. I'm fine to stay in the hospital gown for the duration of my stay, it honestly doesn't bother me.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6/17 34w 3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: growth scan on Friday 

How are you feeling?: Big, tired, emotional, moody, sore

Rants/Raves: Rant: Mother’s Day was a bust over here too.  DH woke up super sick.  Poor guy apologized like 15 times. I also used the day to get a bunch of chores done.  Rave: At least I got a nap in. And I know he’ll make it up bc he’s amazing like that. Kids were really good too and gave me a bunch of love and school made Mother’s Day presents which I love. 

Questions: nothing right now 

@idreamofginny I’m bringing the same stuff, except I like to bring leggings to change into.  They make me feel more secure like the tight fabric is keeping the giant maxi pads in place.  I think I’m also going to bring a pillow too if I remember, but skip the pump since we are well acquainted.  I’ll go home in whatever clothes I wore to the hospital.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 19 34 w 1 d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: may 23 for group b strep and pap. 

How are you feeling?: round. bitchy. The usual. 

Rants/Raves: my moms friend who lives far away asked my mom why she wasn’t invited to my baby shower, and my mom explained that because she lives far away (I’m talking I live in California she lives In Tennessee) that I felt like inviting her would seem like a request for a gift as I know she wouldn’t come. She told my mom “I would never think that about her, I’m buying her something no matter what” and then proceeded to buy the baby something. Anyways, I cried for like 2 hours because I just thought that was so nice lmfao. 

Questions: on the topic of baby showers, is anyone else absolutely dreading theirs? 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @marionberry19 I only had one (2, actually, one my family, one his family) with my first kid but I did dread them. I’m the most awkward human ever and the thought of small talk and opening presents in front of people makes my skin crawl. 
  • Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited May 2022
    @idreamofginny I'm sorry your plans didn't pan out. Hope your kiddo is feeling better! I had minimal time to pack for my 2nd as she came unexpectedly early, and I feel like the minimal stuff I grabbed worked out just fine - long phone cord, comfy leggings + tshirt, robe, a few outfits for baby, slippers were my necessities. This time I'm adding a few more items to my bag - pump (with my 1st 5 years ago I never got a pump as it was always unavailable and with my 2nd I had a pump in the room as she was in the nicu), 2 gowns to change into, my own pillow for comfort. I also got thinx-type undies that I'm hoping I can wear instead of the giant pad/diaper things they put on you. 

@KFrob hope DH is feeling better! Glad you were able to get things done and get a nap in! 

@marionberry19 that is very nice of your mom's friend! I am not having a shower this time, but I typically look forward to them although I feel awkward being the center of attention. I just like the celebration part. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 33w5d, c-section on 6/16

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: OB appt next week and then I start to go weekly

How are you feeling?: Uncomfortable. Very round. Emotional at the smallest things. On the plus side - I started my heartburn meds last week and I've never felt more human haha...I haven't had heartburn since and it's glorious! 

Rants/Raves: Rave - Mother's day was hectic around here, but it was a nice day regardless. We got to meet my SIL's new baby and kids were really excited asking when their own baby brother is coming. We went out to dinner with parents/inlaws and everyone enjoyed themselves. 
    Rant - Last night a migraine decided to set it so I've been in a ton of pain since then. I've gone through a few doses of Tylenol at this point and nothing. My head feels like it's about to pop off and I can't even concentrate on work today. I may just disconnect a little earlier and lie down in a dark room until kids come home. 

Questions: N/A
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• KFrobKFrob member
    @Tulips29 sorry about the migraine.  I hope it goes away soon. Glad you found relief from the heartburn! 
  • Thank you! @KFrob...multiple tylenol doses later I think it's finally starting to get better.

And of course I have a question I think of after I post. Anyone have a belly band they are currently using that they like or can recommend a good one? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 25th, 33w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: next Wednesday for an ultrasound and appt 

How are you feeling?: Having lots of presumably normal but obnoxious pains

Rants/Raves: The weekend went well and my mom and sister really enjoyed all the Mother’s Day fun.  I’m really glad it ended up being pretty low stress. Had an interview today and a couple more on Wednesday for an internal promotion. Felt like the one today went well, but it was virtual. Hoping to carry that confidence into my in person interviews Wednesday. It’s going to be a little strange interviewing while very pregnant.

This kid keeps on pressing out against my abdominal wall. It’s a very strange feeling and often hurts. I guess I expected more kicks? But it’s more like it just turned over and shoved a hip out. Also starting to get pain in my pubic region when I walk. It kind of resembles when you bruise your tailbone. I assume this is normal? Overall everything is just getting harder. Still getting through my workouts though so I’m staying positive.

Questions: nope

@idreamofginny Sorry your Mother’s Day plans didn’t work out and had a sick kid to take care of. Sounds like you tried to make the best of it though!

@KFrob Sorry you also had a sick family member! What a bummer. But nap is a big plus.

@marionberry19 We did our shower already and I stressed for weeks about it, but at the end I was happy with how it went. That’s really nice you have people excited to celebrate you and your growing family!

@Tulips29 Aww that had to be nice seeing your SIL’s little one! My SIL finally had hers late Friday night and everyone is home recovering and enjoying being together as a newly four person family. Glad the heartburn meds are working! I bought a Belly Bandit Upsie Belly. I don’t use it very often though because I find the kid presses really hard against it and it just feels too weird for me. I find it helpful during lifting workouts as a physical cue for keeping my back flat though. As far as being well made, easy to put on, and adjustable, it seemed worth what it cost.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6/8. Almost 36 weeks. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: third

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Wednesday. Group B. First PT appt for pelvic floor therapy. 

How are you feeling?: im a mess today. I feel really panicky and trapped in my body. Stomach is round and tight. Tons of movement which is uncomfortable. Currently laying in my bed sobbing because I’m so over it and feel trapped. 

Rants/Raves: I had a great weekend. Had fun, felt awesome, tons of rest on Mother’s Day. And as soon as I went back to work I was stressed out and I’m a wreck today. 

Questions: none 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34 + 1, c-section scheduled on 6/13

Upcoming Appointments or Results: had one today where I actually requested a cervical check because I keep having pains (like this morning it went for 20 minutes with at least three definite peaks and it wrapped all the way around) but the cervix is locked up tight. Good. Stay in there. 

How are you feeling?: I keep getting headaches and they’re low level just annoying things that I’m pretty certain are tension headaches or dehydration. But dislike. Also I misjudged where my body is and smacked the bump with the edge of the car door. I think I gave myself a bruise because that skin is so thin. Boo. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - swollen body parts are not only your feet. Thanks, Pregnancy, I hate it. 

Questions: nope
  • Hope everyone had a good Mother’s Day weekend!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36w6d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Appt Thursday

How are you feeling?: Miserable. Baby is so low it hurts to walk and I'm having contractions non stop

Rants/Raves: Last night i was up until 3am with contractions that were midly painful. They were about 7min apart. They finally lessoned in intensity and became further apart but were still strong enough to wake me up. I'm still having them and its quite annoying but also worrisome. I'm scared this might turn into the real deal.

Questions:
  • @pinkkillersheep good luck with all the interviews! And congratulations on your family's new addition :smile:. I ordered the top recommended belly band on amazon last night, so fingers crossed! 

@bww_0331 hugs! I think we can all relate. But the end is near so hang in there! 

@fluteling the swelling is not fun! I keep dreading that more swelling will come with hotter weather and humidity. 

@ournextadventure oh gosh, how are you feeling about this? Are you ready if it turns into the real deal? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• KFrobKFrob member
    @fluteling no it is not! I’ve had some swelling through half of this pregnancy that is making some formerly fun activities so uncomfortable that they are basically impossible.

@bww_0331 sorry you’re feeling so claustrophobic and stressed.  

@ournextadventure sorry you’re so uncomfortable.  My fingers are crossed for you that baby will hold out longer and you’ll get a break from the contractions.  
  • @KFrob I am also on the impossible activities bench 😑
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @idreamofginny I hope your body cooperates for a few more weeks and your delivery is less stressful than last time 
  • @idreamofginny I'm sure it must have been scary to end up in the hospital and get the unexpected news. Fingers crossed the baby holds out and everything goes smoothly for you! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 9 - 35w5d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had the group b test today! Seeing OB every week now. 

How are you feeling?: a lot of on and off pressure down below. Baby’s movement are feeling more and more uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves: finally the weather is nice over here! Taking advantage of nice long walks (as much as my body can handle). Mother’s Day was also so nice, spent time with my family! 

Questions: has anyone started drinking raspberry leaf tea?? 
  • @idreamofginny I am packing toiletries for me and my husband. My going home outfit and baby's. A pacificer and chargers for my phone and apple watch. I am not packing a lot. I heard some moms says they brought their own cup for water/ice. 

I hope the baby stays put a few more weeks. 

@marionberry19 That was nice of her to buy you something. I am not having a shower this time. My Mom planned my last one, so I don't feel like having one. My husband's work did surprise him with one and gave gifts. I thought that was thoughtful since I was not expecting gifts from anyone.

@pinkkillersheep Did you ever get that review over with at work?

@mamaheidy2 I have some, but haven't drank it yet. Have you? I did get dates, but did not like the taste or look of them. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 9th/ 35 weeks 6 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: had nst today, baby moved a lot, then find out that there was no paper in the machine, so no data was recorded and I had to stay longer! GBS test and cervix check. Still closed.

How are you feeling?: Acid reflux, throwing up. Got prescription for Pepcid.

Rants/Raves: I like looking at Tik Tok for the happy stuff but then terrifying birth and loss stories pop up. I like how one person put it in the comments, " New Fear Unlocked."

Questions:

• elmann1elmann1 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 24th, 33 Weeks 5 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I have an appointment on Friday, but I had an ultrasound two weeks to check out amniotic fluid levels and baby's growth. She's measuring a week ahead and amniotic fluid was good. Getting close!

How are you feeling?: The last 3 weeks I've had terrible acid reflux, but it's been ok this week which has been a relief/weird. As of today I feel like my vaginal muscles are so achey. I just feel really heavy and it just starting being Summer in my city this week. We from from 40 degrees and cold to 

Rants/Raves: So excited that we're getting so close to our EDD! I found out I was pregnant super early because I was obsessed with POAS but it feels like a really long time now. I totally forgot what it feels like to be pregnant in hot weather and OMG so gnarly, everything hurts and I'm swollen.
  • elmann1elmann1 member
    romeoandjuliet146 YES! I was just telling my husband that TikTok keeps throwing stories at me of women dying during birth. WHY. I have to go out of my way to look for positive videos but definitely had some New Fears Unlocked via TikTok this month alone! My husband made a good a point, he said those videos get lots of views so of course they're mostly viral, it's the boring, calm and easy births that have like 100 views.
  • @romeoandjuliet146 sometimes I can't go on instagram without seeing those stories and they make me sad and terrified all at once. Stupid algorithm! You watch one of them and next thing you know, random loss stories pop up. And then I'm that person asking my doctor about every possible "what if" and to check if there are any issues with placenta/cord/you name it and they look at me like I'm insane. 

Anyone else feeling like a truck ran over them lately? I have days where I'm full of energy so I push myself to do stuff around the house, organize, etc...and then most days I feel like I just can't get anything done and all I want to do is sleep. Yesterday was very productive day at work, I felt great, got enough sleep too. Today I can't focus on work, everything hurts, I'm uncomfortable sitting in my chair and I just took an hour long nap during lunch because I was so out of it. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• KFrobKFrob member
    edited May 2022
    @Tulips29 YES.  I feel like I went from feeling great to waking up a million times a night to pee, out of breath, exhausted, and sore overnight.  I have too much left to do to feel like this.  I’m trying to chip away and do a bunch of things while sitting down and making my kids help haha.  

Edit to add I also feel very out of it.  The fact that I’m responsible for things like work, driving, and tiny lives is terrifying. 
  • @KFrob right?! How am I in charge?? Like looking around for the adult and it’s me and then go oh. Hold on, everybody!
  • @fluteling My body awareness is definitely getting thrown off too. I don’t know why but smacking into something with my bump feels particularly humiliating.

@idreamofginny Thinking of you often and sending you lots of positive vibes!

@mamaheidy2 No raspberry leaf tea for me yet. Feel like I’ve gotta at least get a little deeper into June.

@romeoandjuliet146 Haven’t had to give the review yet but probably will sometime in the next few weeks. The HR manager did say she would sit in on it with me (thank goodness!). I hope the Pepcid works for you!

@Tulips29 I’ve definitely felt like things escalated in the last week. I went for a mile and a half walk with some decent elevation changes on Monday evening and it was really rough. Still recovering from it so I don’t think I’ll be doing that again. Feel like my transverse abs and pubic region are in constant pain when I try to move. 

I tested positive for COVID so that is not great. About the only bright side I can come up with is that if there’s a wave coming at least I’m still pretty far from my due date. My last interviews got moved to next Thursday. Unfortunately I have to get my front teeth extracted for implants next Tuesday so I’m not sure what that’s going to be like. Hopefully the false teeth I have to wear for the next few months will look real 😣
  • @pinkkillersheep I hope you feel better soon! My SIL ended up with COVID 1.5 weeks before delivery and thankfully all went well. She even got a free private room as a result, so there’s the silver lining I guess. Hope your procedure and interviews go well next week! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• hillies22hillies22 member
    edited May 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 26/33w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: first BPP next week 

How are you feeling?: large and NOT in charge. Having some pretty significant pubic symphysis dysfunction related pain, but health wise everything is good, so thankful for that. 

Rants/Raves: Rants - Last week of construction on our second floor. Haven't had the supplies or energy to put together my hospital bag yet. Raves - Furniture for nursery arrives today and I'm super excited to finally put it together regardless of the pain. 

Questions: not really a question, just sharing the concern about formula shortage. This being my first, I have no idea if my body will cooperate with breastfeeding and I don't know what we'll do if that's the case. I haven't even been able to get my hands on samples 🙁. 
  • mamaheidy2mamaheidy2 member
    edited May 2022
    @romeoandjuliet146 yes! Started drinking at 34 weeks but once a week. Now that I’m 36 weeks going into 37, I’ll going to start everyday now. I need to go buy dates and get started on that! But I have a feeling I too won’t like them! 
  • Hey ladies I’ve been MIA for awhile but hoping I can be more active on here as we finish up the last few weeks of bumps @mamaheidy2
    What does the tea do? 
    I’m seriously afraid to try to speed anything up. I’m having so many Braxton Hicks that I’m praying won’t turn into the real deal. I have 6 weeks left & need 2 more weeks to finish up nesting. 😬 
    This baby better stay in & cook. 
    But I’m so curious how others are preparing during this last month & for delivery. 

• edited May 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    June 29th • 33w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd

Upcoming Appointments or Results:
    next week GBS 

How are you feeling?: uncomfortable
    I want to call my pain “pregnancy arthritis”. It’s so severe in the pelvic, tailbone & groin area. I hate how much I hurt & I hate complaining. Moving my body into any position is tasking. I don’t even know how to answer people when they ask how I’m doing. Because I want to cry & be honest but I respond with “I’m alive” or “I’m surviving” 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: I have so much to do & very little help. My husband is always tired after work & retreats to the room to watch TV for 4 hours. I’ve tried to explain how I can’t perform at my usual level but he doesn’t want to “work” at home.
    Rave: some nice older ladies from church want to throw me a baby shower this Saturday. I thought it was so sweet. I don’t have family near me & this was a complete accident unplanned baby. After feeling overwhelmed with a list of needed baby items. I’m so grateful they wanted to bless us. 

Questions: 
    is getting a postpartum belt worth it? Or is it comfortable? I’m wondering if wearing a cotton band of some sort would work with out Velcro & the added layers of material.