September 2022 Moms
Options

Group Status, part 4

kboydbowmankboydbowman member
edited May 2022 in September 2022 Moms
Ok, this post is targeted at the following people, who have been nominated as moderators and have not said "no"   :) :

@kboydbowman
@trapperkeeper87
@jhysmath
@babywiik
@wiseh

For those people, which forum(s) would you want to moderate (Facebook, Bump private, or both)?  Although I'd like to say let's just do Facebook, we have enough people that feel strongly enough about "no Facebook" that I think we need to have both to get everyone.

My two cents:  I'm happy to do either/both.  I strongly prefer Facebook for my own usage, but I can't use FB while at work so moderating stuff for FB would be when I'm not at work.  The Bump, I have access to regardless of location. :)
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Group Status, part 4

• Options
    babywiikbabywiik member
    edited May 2022
    I can do either one. I can hang out in the bump as long as people are wanting to use it.
  • Options
    I can do either, part of me wants to say just bump because that's what I wanted, but I have some fomo with missing out on facebook. I've moderated both before so I'm game for whatever is needed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wisehwiseh member
    I can do both but would prefer Facebook. I can use Facebook sparingly at work, but not the Bump (it just doesn't work well on my phone and I work in an open plan office so people can see my screens), but my life is about to become 100000x less hectic so will have plenty of time on days off & after work to moderate either. I'm also in a different time zone. Guess we can decide how we want to moderate regarding post approval, etc. I don't see it getting too hectic if everyone keeps being as chill as they have been (unless I've missed something in the last couple of weeks I've been a bit absent)
  • Options
    @trapperkeeper87
    just need your input...
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    Sorry. I overlooked this thread.

Even though I want to stay private here until we can confirm people's identities, I won't stay here long-term. Facebook is where I'm most comfortable once I know people. In my last group, we were only private about a month and a half before we transitioned, and it was only long enough to talk a bit privately about what we wanted from Facebook and we confirmed that people were real and actually pregnant (as best as we could confirm that).

Honestly, moderators mean very little in my Facebook group because people are pretty decent (there are only 29 of us). If someone posts something outside of randoms, that's totally acceptable, and if it is something that actually ruffles some feathers, it's handled by the group as a whole. Kind of like a democracy. And threads aren't usually just started, they're started when someone actually has something to contribute to that particular thread (including daily/weekly randoms). I like that because it keeps it streamlined and easier to contribute to conversations.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    Yup, there's not that much to moderating.  Everyone on this thread, keep an eye out for a private message from me shortly.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Also, regarding moderation, part of the purpose of the private bump group was to make sure people were actually decent, which is why not everyone was automatically added. It wasn't about being mean girls; it was about those people who spoke up, contributed to the conversations, and just didn't start drama (we all have drama at times, and that's fine, but some people seem to be dripping with it constantly). I don't personally feel we have anyone like that here, but when going private sometimes you see it come out.

Moderating for a small group of adult women is really more about just making sure the threads stay cleaned up (i.e. streamlined) and that everyone is happy with how the group functions. If we're actively muting or banning people, we messed up during the vetting process.

That's my 🪙🪙.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @trapperkeeper87 I think you summed up everything I feel as well. We didn't have any drama in my second bmb ever, but my first one definitely did both on the bump and Facebook and I feel our moderators took care of it well.