October 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 5/9

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:

Questions:

GTKY: Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen?

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/9

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Sept. 27th / 20+0
    ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Banana! And Iโ€™ve gained a pound of blood. Ew.
    ๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM.
    ๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: FINDING OUT FRIDAY!
    ๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: ANATOMY SCAN ON FRIDAY <3
    ๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Tired because baby will decide I need to wake up between 4-5 sometimes and I wonโ€™t be able to go back to sleep. My first alarm is 5:30 and I get up at 5:45. Otherwise doing great!
    ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I think Iโ€™ve had the occasional flutter, but anterior placenta + FTM means I have no certain idea. Also, the shirts my MIL got me turned out to be a huge hit, so Iโ€™m glad the anxiety was worth it ๐Ÿ˜‚ I can have faith in her!
    Rant: It has snowed just 200ft above us. OREGON, IT IS MAY! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!
    Questions: What is your favorite full-panel pair of pants and shorts? I want some where the pant part covers most of my hips and definitely my entire butt. ETA: Also, if you have thighs that touch and they stay down, that is a huge plus. I hate my thighs touching.
    GTKY:ย Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen? I absolutely cannot choose. I am helplessly in love with the Swedish west coast, the Columbia Plateau, the Oregon coast, so many parks in Sweden, Mount Hood at the Timerline Lodge during winterโ€ฆ the Timberline Lodge itself (which is where we got engaged!)โ€ฆ the forests of Vรคrmland in Sweden are astonishing. The wheat fields or Moro, OR in a cool summer morning before it gets blazing hot, with Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams in the background.ย 
    Plain and simple, I am too much in love with this world and the amazing places in it to choose just one โค๏ธย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  October 13th / 17w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Pomegranate

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Next Friday OB appt + following Friday 20w Anatomy Scan/Fetal Echo

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: I feel like week 17 for me was so much physical growth - my belly has felt like it's expanding, my boobs are so sore, everything is a bit achy.ย  And I'm definitely noticing a belly bump now!ย  Overall really good otherwise.ย  Just exhausted in the nighttime.ย  Still battling a dental/TMJ issue, but getting better thank goodness.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย  Both a rant and a rave - my work schedule/load has been stressful and busy, but it has been keeping me distracted to my next appointments.

Questions: @pangolindrome I ordered a StitchFix maternity box and I wound up keeping these shorts (and I usually hate shorts)ย https://www.stitchfix.com/my-items/shop/items/533679?source=ungated_shop&amp;&amp;utm_source=google&amp;utm_campaign=shopping|google|mens|woven-pants|athletic|m|shop|pros|web|us|side-door&amp;utm_medium=cpc&amp;utm_adgroup=134288474366&amp;utm_content=592786755028&amp;gclid=Cj0KCQjwmuiTBhDoARIsAPiv6L-VKfgqanyMHKBuewqbyY9fbohhP5M_F1G0eIGn8YV0KkcYyGaB2CYaAs-pEALw_wcB&amp;gclsrc=aw.ds

They are a little pricy, but great quality and flattering on my short legs :)

GTKY:ย Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen?ย  I've been lucky to have lived abroad a couple of times.ย  I think the South Island of New Zealand has some of the most stunning places I've seen.ย  And I love Bali/Southeast Asia with all my heart!ย  Give me an island beach in Thailand any day.ย  However, there are so many beautiful places near and far.ย  I love hearing everyone's favorite one...great question!
  • Loading the player...
  • @pangolindrome I love in Old navy linen shorts when I'm not pregnant and they now make a maternity version. I have them in two colors and I LOVE them. They also dry very quickly. I have a larger backside and I stay covered.ย 
  • @sandy5693 Those are cute! But definitely a little pricey... but cute! Do they stay down? My thighs rub together and I've a hard time with shorts that ride up between my legs.

@krysnicole1022 How to they behave (like above, staying down between thighs that touch)? :) I like the quick-to-dry part.
  • @pangolindrome my thighs also touch (big thigh club here) - and yes, they are pricey but I have so much trouble finding shorts that don't chafe that once I find ones I just invest and wear them constantly.ย  They stay down and are so comfortable.ย  If you can find similar cheaper ones that would be awesome too.

I've heard many great things about the Old Navy linen shorts, but haven't tried them.
  • Big thighs here and they ride up sometimes but don't irritate.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย October 29th/15 weeks + 3 days

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: orange

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: pink

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: May 11

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Pretty good this week. Some mild nausea when I donโ€™t keep up with snacks and achy boobs, but otherwise feeling good.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Finally feeling baby move around on a more consistent basis. Iโ€™m a worry wart so feeling that sheโ€™s doing okay really makes me chill out.

Questions: Motherhood Maternityโ€™s bootcut jean is my favorite so far. For shorts I love the jean shorts from the A Glow brand at Kohlโ€™s. Definitely a member of the big thigh club and these stay put.

GTKY:ย Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen? Big Bend National Park. Such stark gorgeous views.
  • @sandy5693 Okay, I like the sound of that. I'll keep an eye out for similar styles and see if I find anything!

@krysnicole1022 The clothing has never been what chafes for me, it's always the skin-on-skin contact, so linen shorts are probably better for someone else :)
  • mia80mia80 member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Oct 29 / 15 + 3

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: navel orange

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out next month

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Next Thursday for a normal OB appointment

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: I've been feeling okay. Less tired and getting my appetite back, so that's been great.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave - We're building a house this year and the walls went up today!!ย  It's starting to look like an actual house!!ย  Rant - I am still dealing with constipation over here... what is this baby doing to me?!??!!

Questions: None

GTKY:ย Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen?ย  I went to Antarctica at the end of 2019 and was hands down the most beautiful place I've ever seen! Just surreal to so much completely untouched nature.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  October 5th, 19w

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Mango, hedgehog, gameboy

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out TOMORROW!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Anatomy scan and in-person midwife appt tomorrow

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Anxious about tomorrow's anatomy scan. I feel like every time I hear about someone getting bad or worrisome news in their pregnancy it's from this scan, and several posts about the Roe vs Wade decision in the States includes arguments about people who find out bad news at this stage. It makes me glad I'm finding out the sex this time, because that gives me a positive anchor for my mind. Otherwise great and had an amazing spa day yesterday with my sister for her birthday/mother's day. Mother's Day itself was great and it was also DS's 2nd birthday. We had our last nurse that morning so my books are officially mine alone until October ๐ŸŽ‰

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant: It's hot here today and it gave me just a taste of what pregnancy in the summer will be. Oh buddy. I felt like I was a boiled egg. What the heck am I gonna do?

Rave: DH hooked me up with a significant amount of Purdy's chocolate for Mother's Day, perfectly timed with my sweet tooth coming back.

Questions: Did any TTMs+ take a refresher labour prep course with their second+ pregnancies?

GTKY: Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen? I've seen several beautiful beautiful places but one that stands out in my mind right now is the old growth cedar forest I visited in BC. It felt magical. Also, Daios Cove, the resort where we stayed for our honeymoon on Crete was stunning.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  17+1 and 10/18

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: game console controller or a pomegranate

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: 4th

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out June 1st!! The five people who know keep asking me if I have a preference. I really don't and I usually have a pretty good feeling (I was right with my previous three) but I just can't get comfortable enough to get attached.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย  May 19 and MFM on June 1st.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย  Exhausted and just overwhelmed by everything. My oldest is extra needs and she's been very challenging lately. I've actually gotten a lot done in the yard over the last two blissfully hot days. I have to get a new roof, file a claim for said roof, sell our old car, and a bunch of other stuff.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:
    Rave: My mother's day gift this year was to have some unsightly bushes removed from the front of our house. I hated them and now they are gone. I'm thrilled. I don't know what I'm going to do up there yet.ย 
    Rave: Northern Illinois finally got hot over the last two days and I love it. It's why I prefer summer pregnancies. I got my garden all prepped and bird proofed (and bunny) over the few days. I cannot wait for fresh garden tomatoes.
    Rant: I took my kids to Menards yesterday morning. My children typically well behaved in public and then unleash their inner demons the second we walk into our house. I'm in the check out with A LOT of plants and this older lady behind is just huffing and puffing. My kids are looking at the water fountains and everything is going as quickly and smoothly as possible. Now I'm very visibly pregnant at this point. There is no question. The checkout lady is still bagging when I step forward to pay and this bitch ... shoves my cart at me and groans and rolls her eyes. WTF!? I just laughed at her and called for my kids.ย 

Questions: anyone having trouble with nursery ideas? I always do a fun room and baby four will likely have the best one but I cannot for the life of me come up with a cute boy room idea that isn't overdone and babyish. I don't go over the top at all but I like to make the space special and colorful. My son has a dragon theme (but his closet is Batman which I did recently).ย 

GTKY:ย Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen?
    ย  Zion National Park at sunset. I was in awe and I grew up in the southwest. I lived on the north rim of the grand canyon for a long time so I was used to stunning. This was breathtaking. I also love Bryce anytime of day.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 16+2 due date 10/24 but will go much earlier with tripletsย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: avacado/eclairย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out. Iโ€™m hoping we can find out at our appointment this week.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: This Fridayย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: I finally got an appetite back this week and can eat somethings I completely avoided before. So happy about that. Still feeling overwhelmed but I donโ€™t think that is going away.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave: Iโ€™m guessing Iโ€™m going to need some sort of bed rest or possibly self imposed restrictions at some point. My boss had needed bed rest with both her kids, so she understands my worry and is being super accommodating. I work from home which makes it easier, but I have my computer equipment supplied by work and right now Iโ€™m tethered to one spot and weโ€™re working on getting me a laptop and finding ways I can continue working comfortably.
    Rant: Our washing machine is acting up. We just moved in to our house last fall. Just realized the machine is almond 12 years old (it looks newer than that) but now we are needing to buy a new machine which we had not planned on.

Questions: none

GTKY:ย Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen? Iโ€™ve been fortunate to travel a lot so Iโ€™ve seen some beautiful places. I donโ€™t like to compare them. In the states I loved Crater Lake in Oregon. I also loved so much of Scotland.

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 17+4, Oct 17

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Tall as a Hershey bar.ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 20 week ultrasound 6/3

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Exhausted and anxious due to rant below.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: After having my older cat at our vet all day and coming home with a diagnosis of a muscle strain/tear causing him all his discomfort, I went downstairs tonight to give him his pain medicine to find he was bleeding from his tail area (heโ€™s super fluffy so couldnโ€™t tell exactly where). So, Iโ€™ve been at the emergency vet since 10 PM thatโ€™s been filled with tragic stuff and crying people (Iโ€™ve been crying, too). They just took him back after I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours. And, as I typed this, the tech came back to tell me my grumpy boy had an anal gland abscess that ruptured. Lord. I should be out of here in the next 30-45 min, but itโ€™s been a hell of a night. Headache is raging from the stress and crying. Only good bit was while I was waiting I felt the baby moving some.

Questions:ย Can I just sleep all day tomorrow and avoid all responsibilities?ย 

GTKY:ย Whatโ€™s the most beautiful place youโ€™ve ever seen?ย 
    I have a heck of a time even narrowing this down, but my all-time favorites for raw natural wonder would probably have to be Acadia National Park or Yosemite National Park. For beautiful more populated places, Iโ€™d probably go with Edinburgh.ย 
  • @EmilyE13 Is he going to be okay? That's awful. Cats are so stoic that it's almost impossible to know when something is wrong until they are in rough shape. Please sleep as much as you can. That's such a stressful day.
  • @EmilyE13 My "love" of your post is in solidarity rather than in loving what happened. That's brutal. It's so scary having medical emergencies for our furbabies and it's so hard not being able to explain any of it to them. I fully support an all-out nesting in bed day for you tomorrow.ย 
  • @krysnicole1022 now that itโ€™s ruptured he should be feeling a lot better in the next few days. Heโ€™ll be in a cone of shame for a week and will get antibiotics on top of his pain meds, so that will be funny. Just have to make sure the abscess heals and doesnโ€™t refill.ย 
    @krthouse I know itโ€™s so hard! And he was soooo pissy due to his discomfort (now we know why, at least.ย 

Thanks so much, ladies. Just now leaving the vet with Oliver, so now itโ€™s on to the house, a dose of pain meds and antibiotics, and then I will pass out.ย 
  • @emilye13 they make awesome soft cones of shame that look like a lion mane or a flower. So funny. I'm glad he will be feeling better soon.ย 
  • @EmilyE13 I am so sorry. I have a big fluffy cat and I would be so stressed too! Iโ€™m so glad he should be fine after some healing. Hoping you get a restful and calm day.ย 
  • ficheyfichey member
    @EmilyE13 I'm glad that your kitten is walking away with a cone of shame (and discomfort). Went through something similar with our older cat a few weeks ago (which turned out to be worms...ugh). A day of complete rest should definitely be on your agenda <3
  • Omg he's gorgeous