November 2022 Moms
Options

What's my pregnant self eating? (May)

Lots of beans (per usual).  Today we went to an amazing bakery and had chocolate croissant (not usual).

Re: What's my pregnant self eating? (May)

• Options
    Burrito bowl. Meatless. Lots of good spices 😊
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I have had a craving for boba tea the last couple days. Treated myself today to a peach oolong almond milk tea with boba. I've also been eating a lot of frozen fruit bars. I just want cold things. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I can think about is Arby’s beef n cheddar. Fast food isn’t something I really eat. Luckily the closest fast food place is over 50 miles away, lol. Oh, and apples which is handy since I live in one of the largest areas for apple production in the US.
  • Options
    Not a craving, but salads in particular are tasting SO GOOD right now. My husband made a kale salad with roasted almonds and garlic, feta, avocado, raspberries, and chickpeas, and it was great at dinner last night and again for lunch.
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I am so jealous!! I eat a lot of avocados too.  

We have eaten pizza for the past 3 nights, which has been making me pretty happy. 
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun he's the chef of the house, which is WONDERFUL because I don't have to plan that one aspect of our lives.

• Options
    I am a really regimented eater--I tend to eat the same things every single day. My morning sickness has been so bad, I'm just trying to eat whatever I can and I feel like I can't even enjoy anything. My one big craving has been those iced oatmeal cookies (from the brand Mother's)... I finally found some and they are my daily treat even when I'm so sick, I could just fall over 😂
  • Options
    Fruit! I normally don't eat fruit but anything fruit related I'm all there for 
  • Options
    So lately I craaaave chips and guac in the morning/lunchtime. Those are the days I have the worst heartburn/afternoon nausea though, and get sickest 😭
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I’ve been eating salad with ginger dressing, steel cut oatmeal, blueberries, and turkey sandwiches. I realized my honey was unpasteurized that I had been putting in my tea and oatmeal, so just been using sugar recently.  I had been heating my turkey but had a conversation with my doctor about it who clarified that it was uncooked lunch meat that was the issue, like cured and smoked meats. I did not eat cold turkey with my other two pregnancies but trust my doctor and have been loving the cold turkey. 

• Options
    @database6
    so you didn't have to quit eating it... cold turkey?

I'll see myself out.
  • Options
    eaewerseaewers member
    I’ve also been eating a lot of fruit! Blueberries and strawberries in particular taste delicious right now! 
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    I found out today that Sonic has dill pickle fries. I was hoping for dill flavored potato, but the fry-shaped fried pickles were an acceptable consolation prize.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sejica Sonic’s real-fruit lemon-berry slush is one of my favorite things ever created!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sejica
    I love a fried pickle. So good.
  • Options
    So many bowls of fruity pebbles. They’re so good right now! I can also only have dairy when I’m pregnant so it’s like a reward 😂 
  • Options
    I have been eating a lot of quesadillas and apples.  I usually don't eat a lot of fruit so interesting to hear others with a similar experience. 

@sunshine2417 I feel you with the chips and guacamole.  For some reason I was craving it, but then after I would have it I would not feel so good.  I think it mostly had to do with the garlic, which normally goes over totally fine, but pregnant not so much. 
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    I made benedictine for derby yesterday. Cucumber, cream cheese, onion, cayenne, and green food coloring.
  • Options
    SAME!!! Anything fruity and cold: so popsicles, refrigerated fruit, smoothies etc.! Salads have been pretty good lately too!
  • Options
    So many grapes.

I've actually been craving apple and peanut butter ever since someone posted about it upthread, so I may need to get some apples. 
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel if you slice the apples you can melt the peanut butter and drizzle on top, and also drizzle on melted chocolate for dessert nachoes
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    I bought Costco's giant tub of white queso because I have been craving queso but couldn't manage the logistics of getting to either of my fav Mexican places. I could only eat a few bites, so this tub is going to last 2 weeks at this rate.
  • Options
    They had pre-made organic falafel at costco and they are not bad at all.  I heard someone mention that they also cook everything from scratch at home and that is totally me, but I am learning to embrace some prepared foods so that I am not on my feet all day.