September 2022 Moms

GTKY 5/10

Assuming there is one, what are you "going to hell" for?  (Silly answers welcome and encouraged.)
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: GTKY 5/10

• laj0217laj0217 member
    Cussing, for sure cussing. I work at a school and keep it together there. Guess I’m gonna have to work on my at-home language if I don’t want a two year dropping f-bombs 😬
  • For laughing entirely too hard at truly, deeply detestable and dark memes on topics that really should not be laughed at. I look very innocent and people never expect it, and my husband will show them a Very Bad Meme and they'll ask him "Why do you even have this?" but then he shows it to me and I just come apart at the seams. For example, see the spoiler.

@laj0217 SAME!
  • Loading the player...
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @pangolindrome getting to the vet part is what got me 😂
  • @laj0217 It is so layered! I was almost on the ground when I got to the vet part!!!
  • I’ve been known to put good red wine in the fridge and / or put ice cubes in it. My friends and exes over the years had many opinions about that! But my dad doesn’t drink and my mom pretty much only drinks white, so I had no frame of reference for how to drink red.
  • Probably all of the mean thoughts I’ve had about other people’s children… whatttya gonna do?!
  • I love saying things for shock value and to spark debate bonus points if it makes my uber religious family members cringe...sorry not sorry? 
  • I'm having a hard time with this one... Let's go with, I support gay marriage and families, I am pro choice, I am a glutton for good dessert, I use the lord's name in vain, I am not submissive to my husband, I am a terrible Catholic. The list could go on and on. 
  • @jhysmath I am so here for this! It is so hard working in a catholic school because I actually have to watch what I say but I feel this hard!
  • @mamamoomoo12 I had a discussion with my sophomore boys today that if they're going to continue with their penis drawing obsessions they could work on making them a little more anatomically correct. When one asked if they could use their computer to look one up, I laughed and said shouldn't you know what one looks like? 
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    jhysmath said:
    I'm having a hard time with this one... Let's go with, I support gay marriage and families, I am pro choice, I am a glutton for good dessert, I use the lord's name in vain, I am not submissive to my husband, I am a terrible Catholic. The list could go on and on. 
    Most of these are deeply confusing to me. I thought you were listing reasons you would NOT go to hell. Honestly, I still am. Also, sick burn on the sophomores.

Maybe I would go to Hell for only following laws because I can't afford speeding tickets and am too lazy to deal with the legal repercussions of not following laws? That's not a funny one, but I strongly identify as Neutral/Neutral, also known as True Neutral, and I guess this is enough for me to be a decent member of society. Lol. 
  • @pangolindrome according to catholics thess things are sins and sins that you don't repent make you go to hell. I have not and will not repent those things. 
  • If we are going with a Judeo-Christian interpretation of hell qualifications, I think I’d be going primarily for the sheer amount of premarital sex I’ve had 🙊
    I was the one in the friend group who had ALL the juicy stories back before I met my husband, haha 
  • wisehwiseh member
    Pretty much everything I did between the age of 14 & 26 🤣

I was very wild but I have somehow turned out OK.  Everything about my life was about rebelling and having fun (without breaking too many laws) - my nickname at one point in life was "hurricane Hannah". It's actually really funny this is a GTKY because I was only having a conversation about this a few weeks ago. I've only been with my company for a year so everyone here only knows the version of me I've become since I met my husband and stopped living a "very single" lifestyle. The workhorse that can be quite intimidating at times. I was telling someone about said nickname and why I had it, and they were absolutely shocked. Didn't believe a word I was saying until I showed photographic evidence of said period in my life and it was backed up by the only person here that knows me from my early 20s. 

Also similar to @pangolindrome my sense of humour is dark. There are so many videos that I shouldn't laugh at that I do. 
  • @jhysmath Thank you for sharing that. I had no idea that those things would be considered sinful. I wasn't raised with religion and am just kind of 'vaguely pagan' and rather focused on the mantra of, as Jim Jefferies puts it, "don't be a cunt."  :#
  • @jhysmath Thank you for sharing that. I had no idea that those things would be considered sinful. I wasn't raised with religion and am just kind of 'vaguely pagan' and rather focused on the mantra of, as Jim Jefferies puts it, "don't be a cunt."  :#
    On occasion, there have been students who needed to hear that sentence. UGH.
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @jhysmath Thank you for sharing that. I had no idea that those things would be considered sinful. I wasn't raised with religion and am just kind of 'vaguely pagan.' My parents just focused on raising us to be nice humans, so this is all news to me. I like how Jim Jefferies puts it, "don't be a c*nt."

@blanket_girl Ah yes, count me in for that too.