November 2022 Moms

GTKY 5/10

What's the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?

I'll go first.  Literally moving in with my husband and his mom after two weeks of dating. I had all of my stuff in paper bags and just slept in his twin bed. It was so crazy and my parents were SOO upset. 

Re: GTKY 5/10

• @ponyoisfun lol, I moved in with my hubby after a year of being long distance, but I was only 19 XD  My parents weren't thrilled either.

Most spontaneous (and totally out of character) thing I ever did was when I met my bestie. So little back story - she actually grew up across the street from my hubby and was the older sister of his childhood best friend.
    One day we went out to a movie with the old best friend, and she and her hubby happened to be there so we kind of met really quickly before the movie. The next day we went to Staples for something and ran into them there. The next day I dropped hubby off at work (he didn't have his license then lol) and went down to the library and found and messaged her and was like "I heard you mention something about your house remodels. Could I come see?" and I rolled up half an hour later and just, like, never left XD
    And now we've been besties for almost 14 years lol. I'm normally a VERY shy reserved person, with rejection sensitive dysphoria, so still to this day no clue what possessed me!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Me realizing I am probably the least spontaneous person on the board 👀 if it isn’t planned, I am anxious lol. 

I’d say maybe moving in with my husband after only a few months. But even then, we dated for a year on and off prior and we’d been split for a year. So maybe actually the most spontaneous thing would be getting back together with him on a total whim? Everyone thought we were nuts but it felt right and the reason it never worked before was primarily us being young and unprepared. It made us stronger and better communicators and here we are 8ish years later 
  • Loading the player...
  • Met my husband and started dating him, knowing he was deploying in 3 weeks. He went to Afghanistan for 7 months. When he returned, we got engaged 1.5 months later and were married the following summer! Basically only had 2 months of “in person” dating when we got engaged but… we just knew! And had soooo many great conversations while he was deployed that a lot of the hard stuff was worked through. My parents were very hesitant and unsure, and I basically told them they could get onboard or get out of my life! Whoops! A little dramatic but… it’s all worked out perfectly! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am having trouble thinking of anything spontaneous I've ever done and I'm coming up blank. I'm an anxious planner. I suppose the closest to spontaneous would be having DS. My (now DH) and I were only together for 2 months when I got pregnant. But not sure if that counts since it wasn't intentional. Even then, we didn't move in together until a week before my due date and didn't get married for another 9 years.
  • lilswedlilswed member
    Getting a group of 20 people to go skinny dipping…

I do small spontaneous- nothing big or crazy…
  • I can think of a couple embarrassing things but I don’t think I can share it 🤦‍♀️
  • I got myself (just me!) a standing room only ticket to a Red Sox playoff game last fall. I went by myself, stood in my favorite area, and had a total blast.