December 2022 Moms

Extreme Nausea - 7/ 8 weeks

Hey friends I’ve had extreme extreme nausea for the last couple weeks which gets worse and worse each day last night I was so sick and it doesn’t lift. I’m also trying to manage a full time job, I’ve tried ginger candies, tea fresh ginger all the crackers nothing seems to help. Anyone else have this? Any tips?

Re: Extreme Nausea - 7/ 8 weeks

• I had about a week (week 7) where I was tired and nauseous and felt gross. Was also eating way more carbs which isn’t like me. Started forcing myself to eat more protein and drink more water and the past week I feel almost completely normal! Even went for a run this morning before work 🙌🏼 I definitely believe getting enough protein in makes a huge difference
  • Looking for tips here as well! Nothing I do seems to help with the extreme nausea and vomiting multiple times a day, but am being told it’s “normal” for the first trimester as long as I’m not dehydrated. Super difficult to maintain my office job the past 2-3 weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Things I’ve tried:

Sea Bands- I wear em 99% of the day
    Preggy Pop Candys 
    ginger chews - gross, kinda spicy
    ginger ale

vitamin B6 with 12.5mg of unisom, up to three times a day. The unison makes me very sleepy, obviously 

finally- prescription Zofran 4mg odt- two to three times a day….. I am still puking. 9 weeks Friday. Just gotta hang in a few more but I’m so exhausted 
  • I'm having the same issue. I found peppermint helps me. I put peppermint oil in my defuser and it's helps alot. 
    Black tea and corn crackers 
    Meds... Ondansetron 

But yea I feel shit right now 
  • I’m with you - the nausea is terrible and makes it so hard to work, especially since work doesn’t know yet. I live in NYC and so basically stepping outside makes me dry heave with so many smells! I try to have a mini muffin or something soft before I get out of bed to settle my stomach. Also the preggie pops but I can only handle 2-3 per day since they are basically candy lol! Smoothies are the way I’ve been getting nutrients, and tart frozen yogurt helps too. 

Mostly trying to just take it easy and be good to myself and get lots of rest. Everyone says it will get better! 
  • omnommeromnommer member
    edited May 2022
    For anyone with nausea, talk to your doctor about Unisom to see what they think. I have a few friends who have taken it for nausea in pregnancy. I had mild nausea and switched my allergy med from Benadryl to Unisom at my midwife’s suggestion. I’ve still had the post-meal bloat and indigestion but no nausea when I get hungry the past week. And this is only with taking Unisom right before bed. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • “Too much sugar may make nausea worse”

Ginger ale and preggy pop candy’s are loaded with sugar. I feel so stuck lol