Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Worried about my 9 month old baby

Hi my baby is 9 months and he's still very wobbly at sitting up, if he goes to pick up a toy or anything he falls over. He's not pulling to stand and has no notion of doing it anytime soon. He can stand when you hold both his hands but he can't stand holding onto something. He still can't pick up finger food from a plate, he's not crawling and is showing no signs of crawling, he can roll but he doesn't do it very often. He's babbling but still haven't heard any mama, dada. He's not clapping or waving and is showing no signs of doing it either. Or pointing He has no teeth yet either. It just seems like all the babies at our group is doing all these things and I'm worried. Am I worrying over nothing...

Re: Worried about my 9 month old baby

• My baby is almost is almost 9 months also and shows no interest in crawling . He’s rather roll over all over the place than try to crawl . He has also been teething for the past few months but not one has popped out yet . So, id say don’t worry about it . As long as he’s happy and still trying , id say just keep practicing with him and he’ll surely start to get the hang of things. 
  • Don't fret, my daughter (who just turned 9 months old) stopped rolling over even though she had accomplished this early in. One day a few weeks ago she started rolling over all the time, and just last week she started to crawl out of the blue. I happened like a storm! It will come!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's so hard to not compare your baby to every other baby out there. We are all guilty of feeling like our kids are behind because somebody else's child is doing something early. Each state allows for an early intervention evaluation for free. If they feel that services are necessary, it is free until the child is 3 years old. It never hurts to have an evaluation. Sometimes a little extra guidance will help your child meet those milestones in no time! Just remember to tell yourself you're doing everything you can for your child and you're the best mom that you can be for him! ❤️
  • Lots of tummy time should help with this ;)
  • Don't worry, everything will be good luck.