September 2022 Moms

GKTY 5/3

What's something we would never guess about you?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: GKTY 5/3

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    Edit to change to an unexpected skill:

I grew up with PCs, built my own, and know my way around them pretty well. My dad is a retired graphic designer.
    I greatly enjoy making well-organized instruction manuals, documents, and presentations. I hardly ever do it, but it brings me joy when I do.
  • I do really spot on Forrest Gump and Wicked Witch of the West impressions.  I also have a varietal of different Southern accents I can pull out on command.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • When I was born my left foot turned outward and all my baby photos I have one shoe on to correct it. 

Other than that, I'm so boring. 
  • I've never been on a rollercoaster. They terrify me.
  • Horror movies are my favorite! I love all things spooky!
  • I've flown across the Atlantic Ocean 23 times (a round trip counts as 2 times) no wonder I'm always broke😂
  • melyraemelyrae member
    I am in a once-viral youtube video doing a bridesmaids musical speech for my sisters wedding.... lol. 
  • melyraemelyrae member
    @mamamoomoo12 I follow more dogs than humans on my social media. I LIVE FOR DOG VIDEOS. Soooo cute! 
  • @melyrae I love videos of big dogs being brats, especially huskies, GSDs, and malamutes! :D 
  • I have two species of wasp named after me which I think is so weird! Parasitic wasps. Not ones you would run into unless in Central America forests. 
  • When I tell people I’m from Queens, NY they’re usually surprised because I “don’t have a New York accent”. I’ve lived in many other states as an adult so maybe that’s why, but my SO (from the Midwest) thinks my whole family talks like they’re in The Godfather. He says I usually
    don’t except when I say “coffee” (as “cawfee” apparently) and when I’m mad at him :P.
  • I grew up in a family of 6 and I'm the only righty. I'm not ambidextrous by nature, just by nurture.
  • My parents were married for 25 years and my dad came home one night when I was 16 and said “I’m divorcing your mother and leaving all of you”. Completely out of the blue. He took all of his things, all of our furniture and was gone in a week. My mom then married her boss who she had been working for since she was 24 year old (14 years her senior). He had been apart of my life since I was 5 and now that I’m older I’m putting the pieces together that they were together my entire life. 
    My Mema died and my step dad pulled out a picture of him with my family (My dad in the photo) and said he remembered this day very clearly still (because it’s when he fell in love with my mom). I don’t think he heard me listening in the kitchen. 
  • @foreveronyourside That's a tough thing to go through at a young age. Hopefully you've had opportunities to process all of that. So sorry!
  • @bigworldlittleg Pretty twisted right?? 
  • kboydbowmankboydbowman member
    edited May 2022
    @foreveronyourside
    Not when I was a kid, but similar story.  My father left my mother shortly after their 25 year wedding anniversary (I was 22 at the time) for his bridge partner.  They had been bridge partners for like 10 years and probably "together" for 5 or 6 years at that point.  Here's the creepy part:  She is like 13 years older than he is, and they got together when she got breast cancer.  Why is this creepy?  His mother (my paternal grandmother) left her husband (my grandfather) for her bridge partner, and she died of breast cancer at the same age my father's mistress developed her breast cancer.  Very, very Freudian.  (My mother is better off without my father.  Father and mistress are still married.  So I guess it all worked out.)
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman that is wiiiild 🤯
  • @kboydbowman Okay that is absolutely crazy. I’m guessing you don’t play bridge?? 
  • @foreveronyourside
    I do not, but believe it or not my younger brother is now a professional bridge player.  Makes pretty good money doing it, too!
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman my younger brother just peaced out and moved to Lao when it all went down 🤣 
  • mk2022xmk2022x member
    @foreveronyourside @kboydbowman my dad left my mom after 35 years of marriage when I was 21. It wasn’t a massive shock (they never really had a romantic relationship in my eyes) but still difficult. I can’t imagine going through my parents divorce as a kid. Hugs to you that have. He since remarried a woman ~25 years his junior (didn’t know her before). I thought it was super weird at first, but they really are happy. Both my parents are happier apart than they were together, and I’ve learned so much about relationships and how I don’t want to raise my kids with my husband watching them through my teenage years and early 20s. Both GREAT parents, but there’s definitely parts about their marriage I will forever work hard to prevent from happening to me. 
  • @mk2022x Same. Seeing my mom and dad’s loveless marriage as a kid definitely had a big impact on me. My husbands parents also have that loveless marriage thing going on but they’ll never split. They are about 10 years older than my parents. So we know what it could be like and I think we work really hard to avoid their mistakes. (While still making lots of our own haha)
    I will say, it is really weird as an adult experiencing it too because it kind of makes you wonder what else you don’t know about their life, which they also shared with you. Start discovering things in hindsight and the puzzle pieces slowly start to fit together. 
    My step dad is 14 years apart so my mom is actually closer in age to my step brother, I thought that age gap was pretty big. 25 years. That’s definitely a generational gap. 
  • @mk2022x @foreveronyourside My mom was my dads 3rd marriage (he is now on #4) they were together until I was in high school and he is 21 years older than my mom! Its so bizarre to me. He is closer in age to my maternal grandparents than my mom. My mom is 12 years older than my oldest half sister and I am 12 years younger. 
  • dvmmamadvmmama member
    How interesting there are so many of us with similar stories...maybe something to do with how relationships were years ago?

My parents divorced after 29 years of marriage when my dad cheated on my mom with someone at work. Turns out they both had been unhappy for years and never did anything about it but grow bitter towards each other. They are both better off now, and honestly it's given my husband and I a lot of good fodder for conversation in our own relationship. Taught us how important it is to communicate! 
  • My parents divorced when I was 2. The split custody/2 homes/4 parents (after they remarried) thing was a little tricky, but I am quite certain it was better than it would have been if they had tried to stay together. At one point when I was a young addult, a family friend asked me if I had any questions about why my parents had divorced. My only question was why on earth they had gotten married! I still don't know what they were thinking...we're all much better off with them married to other people.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!