December 2022 Moms
Options

When are you announcing?

Curious to know when everyone is planning to tell their friends and family about their pregnancies.

We found out 2 weeks ago and haven’t told anyone yet. I will only be telling my sister at Easter because we will be seeing her and I want to do it in person (we live 9 hours’ drive from each other). I will be 7w3d then. I have to stop myself from just calling her to spill the beans EVERY. DAY.

The rest of our family and close friends will get the news after our first prenatal.

Everyone else way after the 1st trimester, thinking between week 15 and 20.

I haven’t given it a single thought as you can tell 😂

What about you?

Re: When are you announcing?

• Options
    portentosaportentosa member
    edited April 2022
    My husband and I found out on 3/25, only 9dpo. We both told our parents, siblings, and closest friends immediately. It's our first baby together and we had only been trying for a month so we couldn't help it. Our older kids are 9 and 7 years old and I decided to wait until after our first prenatal appointment to tell them. My thought process was that if we lose this baby early we didn't want to spread that heartache to the kids. I bought them each big brother and big sister wish bracelets and am really looking forward to showing them the ultrasound and telling them. ❤️

I HAD to share my pregnancy with some people at work for safety reasons. I filed a Declared Pregnant Worker form on 3/28 with my lab's medical office so my boss and the three safety officers (radiological, chemical, and bio) all know. They assessed what I work with and we made a couple adjustments for fetal safety. The rest of my co-workers still don't know.

I'll probably do a wider announcement to more family, friends, and co-workers near the end of the first trimester.
  • Options
    We have told anyone who we have seen in person lol I can’t ever wait. We won’t announce on social media until a little later. Maybe Mother’s Day. Maybe later. I’m not really sure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We found out very early at 3w3d (3/20/22) and we haven’t told anyone. We plan to tell our parents on Easter. We will tell our daughter around 12 weeks since we want to be sure everything is okay before shaking up her world! Our daughter is going to be 2 in early June which is right around 14 weeks. We plan to tell everyone else after since I’ll be out of the first trimester and it won’t detract from her celebration. As for work, I’ll tell my manager sometime in the summer but the rest of my team later as I tend to keep that kind of thing private 😊
  • Options
    We've only told a handful of people- the same few that got us through our miscarriage in January. We won't make any sort of "announcement" until we've got an ultrasound photo in hand and we've made it through the first tri. I also told my principal just in case I get sick at school (I'm a teacher). I don't want to get sent home because they think I'm contagious or anything. 
  • Options
    We have told our friends nearly immediately in our support system but not our siblings, yet. Our parents aren't around so we generally rely more on our friend family. Our two closest friends are also pregnant so it's nice to bond with them, and everyone gets how vulnerable it can feel this early.

I am visiting my brother this week and gifting him an uncle gift. I wasn't sure I would be able to tell him in person and I'm so grateful to be able to. My partner wants an ultrasound before telling his siblings. 

I think everyone will know .. later? I don't really have a target date for that but I'm sure it'll feel right one day to share. Or it won't and I won't  :D
  • Options
    We're thinking we will tell family & close friends in June; we definitely want to wait until we are out of the first trimester.  I have plans with my best friends then, and we have plans with both our families right around then so we will be able to see everyone in person to share the news.  We're not sure how we are going to tell them yet, but we've both waited so long to have children so definitely want to do something special.  Open to suggestions  :)

I waited to talk to my mom for about a week after we got our BFP because I was nervous I wouldn't be able to not tell her...but now I've gotten through that and we've had our first social outing with family and have been able to keep it quiet, so we're enjoying our secret for now!
  • Options
    We are telling my parents over Easter weekend - while its early I know I would want my mom's support should anything happen. It's their first grandchild so I know they'll be beyond excited.

I've told one close friend, and we're planning on telling his family on my MIL's birthday, which is just about exactly 12 weeks. Everyone else will be sometime after that. It's been harder than expected keeping it to ourselves!
  • Options
    Boyfriend was there when I took the test. All of my family lives out of town. The only family member who knows is a cousin who also happens to be pregnant! I'm going into week 5 and she is going into week 13.
    As for all of my other family to include the grandparents I'm waiting till I'm 7 months pregnant due to more personal reasons. But my support group who has helped me through my 3 previous MC all know and are rooting for me. I'm leaning on this mom group and my cousin for support. 
  • Options
    I’m 6 weeks today, & have only told my very best friend whose also expecting. Can’t keep secrets from my hubby so I told him immediately. The rest of the family I’ll let in on the news after my first ultrasound. Social media world can wait until 12. This is baby #5 for us. We lost a baby last month at 6 weeks. I have a uterine disorder, so unfortunately we’ve lost several babies over the years of parenthood. We’ve not had a little one in the house for almost 4 years, and have decided to try again. Praying this little one makes it 🙏🏽
  • Options
    I’m 5w4d and have only told my MIL and medical providers (oh & our pastor bc he & his wife have been praying for us to conceive). I have my ultrasound at 7w3d, and if all goes well we’ll tell my family after that (likely on Mother’s Day). I’ll probably tell a couple close friends around that time too.  Don’t have a specific plan for the rest of my in-laws yet. Will likely post on social media when I’m either 12 or 14 weeks. With my daughter we told family at 10 weeks (it was Easter), close friends/extended family after we heard the heartbeat on Doppler at 12 weeks & then we announced on social media at 14 weeks. 
  • Options
    Currently 6w3d.  We have the fist appointment & ultrasound on April 28 at 8w6d. If everything is good, we are telling parents, sisters, and our two best friends on May 1st. Everyone else will learn at 12 weeks.
    This is our first pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I’m 6 weeks, 3 days and We’re telling our families for Mother’s Day when I’ll be around 10weeks. We also decided against any social media announcement as we just want to keep it a private, special time for our family. People will figure it out when they figure it out. 
  • Options
    We just flew from New England to Phoenix to spend Easter and spring break with my family. Well the morning sickness was in full swing the day before we left.. I feel like we'll be telling everyone a whole lot sooner than we expected if the vomiting doesn't let up. 
  • Options
    @mrs-kay929 I’ll be 7 weeks at Easter and telling my family then—definitely looking forward to being able to get it off my chest and get support while I’m nauseous and exhausted! 
  • Options
    I’m currently 5 wks 6 days pregnant. I’ve told two close friends but other than that we’re waiting a little. We may tell my parents soon because I don’t know how else I’ll explain that they need to watch our toddler so we can go to an appt together (the first ultrasound), haha! We will tell DH’s parents and my sibling after the ultrasound. I’m not sure when we’ll “announce” on social media. Last time, we announced after the first trimester. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just found out yesterday (3w 2d) so only my husband knows so far. I plan to tell people I'm close with as we see them. Probably won't announce on social media and people will just be surprised when they see me! I'm still debating on when to tell our 4 year old and 18 month old. Thinking I'll wait until the first ultrasound...
  • Options
    I found out a few days ago. I told my two best friends who’ve been my support during my SMBC path. I won’t tell my family until I’m around week 11/12. No idea when I’ll tell anyone else.
  • Options
    I just found out today. I'm going to wait until I get the ultrasound to tell close family and friends but this is baby#3 for me so I kinda don't want to announce until baby is born 😂
  • Options
    Same! Its my 3rd and I don't want to make a huge announcement. Made a big announcement last time and found out i miscarried, so going back to tell everyone that sucked. Right now only my sister and best friend know. I figured when people find out they find out. Haha
  • Options
    bgr8bgr8 member
    I told my friend about a week before the positive home test. Our current 7 month old was sure a surprise after 6 years and this one even more so. Took days to tell my spouse, he stresses a lot. His sister knows and 1 set of 4 parents know. I don’t want to say anything, but over our Memorial Day weekend, I won’t be able to hide it. “Cue disappointing looks and words behind our back.” I’m extremely happy even though my spouse isn’t yet and I’m positive this will be our last happy accident! 4 is enough I think. 
  • Options
    My husband and I found out on 04/09 at 6 wks, 2 days. It was my mom's birthday the following week so we told her along with the rest of my family then. On Easter Sunday we had brunch with my in-laws so we told them. I told my BFF on 04/23 when we went for pedicures together. I'm getting together with the rest of my friends next weekend and plan to tell them then. We're planning to do a social media announcement on 06/01 at almost 14 wks; that's exactly 6 months from my due date.
  • Options
    narwhal33narwhal33 member
    edited May 2022
    I've told friends one on one as I've seen them, unless it's someone I don't feel comfortable telling. Mostly bc I don't want to explain why I'm suddenly tired or can't drink or whatever. I've told my sister but I'm waiting to tell my mom with a gift on mother's day. It's her first grand (which she has been clamoring for) so I want to make it extra special for her. I'll be a little over 8 weeks!
  • Options
    hspghspg member
    I'll be 11 weeks at our wedding. We're considering telling our parents the next day. Plan is to show up for clean-up with cards that say "To the parents of the Bride" and "To the parents of the groom" that just "mysteriously" show up in the card box. When they open them I'll have a little poem inside written by the "wedding crasher" who apologizes for showing up early but is just too excited to meet everyone and couldn't wait until after the wedding 🥰. Everyone else will find out through the grapevine. We don't have social media.
  • Options
    Me and my significant other have decided to tell around start of June I'll be 13 weeks along