August 2022 Moms
Options

Sleeping difficulties?

Hello All- FTM here currently in the second trimester. I’m having an extremely difficult time sleeping recently and it’s giving me headaches. The problem is that I’m normally a stomach sleeper, but can’t do that anymore. When I try to sleep on my side, I wake up in the middle of the night with whole body aches and a stiff neck. I’ve tried a pregnancy pillow, a pillow between my legs etc. Nothing seems to help. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Re: Sleeping difficulties?

• Options
    Hi @knottie this question would be perfect for the Greta big question thread or also our symptoms thread. Now that most of us are in the 2nd trimester we have all been discussing this. Also please introduce yourself and jump in whatever thread apply to you. 
  • Options
    I sleep with a long, soft blanket and roll it into one long, loose snake. I don’t use a pillow because my neck kills now. I place the top of the blanket under my head and loop the rest between my legs like a pregnancy pillow but it’s sooooo much more comfortable. I had to ditch the pillows because of my neck and I am finally sleeping better this way. It seems to keep my body and neck level too vs a big puffy pregnancy pillow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to ditch the pregnancy pillow for this same exact reason. Now I just use a long fluffy pillow and just kind of cuddle it. Also, try going to sleep a little bit later than you normally would that helped me too, but honestly your sleep habits are going to be all over the place throughout your pregnancy. I’ve been awake now since 4am and it’s now 5:45. Good luck