December 2022 Moms
Options

Working Out

Is anyone else in their 5/6 week and have 0 energy to hit the gym? Is this normal? I don’t want to be on the couch for 3 months but it’s all I want to do… and nap lol

Re: Working Out

• Options
    Totally normal, your body is doing SO much right now, but it will get easier soon. I’m almost 9 weeks now and have more days that I feel good lately than I had been having. I was utterly, bone crushingly exhausted around 5-6 weeks. 
  • Options
    I’ve been a bit fatigued so the only work out I’ve been getting is either walking lazily around my house or running to the restroom to pee 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I”m 5w6d and a morning gym-goer.  My energy level is decent until mid-afternoon, so it’s the morning queasiness that’s been killing me.  I was able to get myself to the gym 4 days this week, but had to really modify my workouts.  I haven’t been able to do more than 7-8 minutes  of cardio at a time so I’ve been doing rounds of strength training in between.  And that has mostly been floor exercises.  Lots of bodyweight or band exercises and low weight/high rep dumbbells.  I do ok as long as I mostly stay horizontal!

• Options
    The only reason I make it to any workouts anymore is if I have classes booked, otherwise I'd be too tired to be motivated. That said, once I'm actually there, I get a spike in energy and feel great for about an hour after.... Just enough time for me to get home, eat some protein...and then I need a 2 hour nap.
  • Options
    Since I woke up earlier than usual and couldn’t go back to sleep I’m taking it easy on a recumbent bike. 
  • Options
    janinegb said:
    Since I woke up earlier than usual and couldn’t go back to sleep I’m taking it easy on a recumbent bike. 
    I SURVIVED I had enough energy to do a small workout! Now time for a loooooooooong nap