December 2022 Moms
Options

When to tell parents???

Hello there! I am 7 weeks today and this is my first pregnancy! According to calculations my due date is December 16th. I thought it would be perfect to tell our parents on Mother’s Day, however my first prenatal appointment/ultrasound is not till May 11th (a few days later, then I will almost be 9 weeks). I keep going back and forth whether to tell them or wait till after my first appt. I know if something were to happen such as a miscarriage, we would def tell them to have their love and support. It would only be our parents and maybe our siblings we would tell! 

Re: When to tell parents???

• Options
    You should tell them when you (and your SO if you have one) feel comfortable telling them. Personally, I told my family and best friend a few days after finding out since I saw them all at Easter and knew if anything went wrong I'd tell them anyway
  • Options
    I have the exact same dates as you! 7wks. Due the 16th of December and first appt on May 11th haha! I have been having the same thoughts cus I thought it would be nice to be able to tell my mom mother's day but I did want the appt first for confirmation. I'm leaning towards telling her anyway, the extra support could really help especially with the morning sickness getting worse by the day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told my in our group chat right away basically “well….it wasn’t food poisoning” 
  • Options
    December 16th crew in the houseeee 
  • Options
    I told my parents and sister at 7 weeks! Mostly because it was Easter and my parents live far away so we were all together for the first time in a while. There’s definitely something about having that ultrasound picture (we might wait until we have it to tell my husband’s family) but it’s up to you!
  • Options
    I told my parents a little after seven weeks because (like others) it was Easter. We also had a ton of birthdays coming it and it was too hard to hide. Easter was great because k was able to be sneaky and film their reactions. They were shocked and so ecstatic. It was great!
  • Options
    I’m due December 15th and the first appointment is not until May 16th, but we are going to tell our family on Mothers Day anyway.
  • Options
    We are due Dec 15! I'm planning to tell my mom on mother's day, even though my 8 week scan isn't until may 10. I figure if anything goes wrong I would want her support anyway.
  • Options
    Do it when you feel comfortable. As others have stated, you'll want support if anything happens. With our first, we told everyone fairly quickly because they were visiting from out of state. With this one we are telling my mom on Mother's Day and everyone else after the first appt. My rule of thumb is would I be okay telling this person if I have an early miscarriage?
  • Options
    We’ll be telling my parents this weekend! My first appt is Monday, so we’ll have their support whatever the outcome of the appt. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If I could, I wouldn’t tell my parents until I actually have the baby -LOL. 

But given my all day sickness and no showing at events, we will tell them this weekend