November 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check in for DD 11.1- 11.8 (w/o 4/18)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check in for DD 11.1- 11.8 (w/o 4/18)

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: appointment in two weeks, where I’ll have my second ultrasound

How are you feeling?: I’ve been feeling less anxious about everything now that I’m further in and have gotten good test results. I also feel like maybe my symptoms are starting to decrease? Although last night at dinner I felt a bit ill.

Rants/Raves: rants: I’m sick of working, I just want to relax until second trimester. Raves: I got my NIPT results back and they said I’m having a healthy baby boy!

Questions: I definitely feel like I’m starting to show at this point, anyone else think they are?
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 5th/11w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I should be getting my NIPT results back this week. Next appointment is not until May 3rd. 

How are you feeling?: Still fighting nausea and exhaustion, but overall, settling into a new normal. Emotionally I'm feeling great, which is a relief. My OB wanted me to start weening off one of my anxiety medications and I'm surprised by how well that's going. She said she'll likely have me come off my antidepressant temporarily closer to my due date. We also shared the news with our families yesterday. Our son found out yesterday and he was shocked but is very happy to be getting a brother or sister. 

Rants/Raves: Rants-Its snowing! I just want warm weather! Raves-I got completely caught up on laundry this weekend and sorted out all the clothes I won't be wearing this year and got them stored in totes in the basement. Feeling accomplished and loving having a decluttered closet.

Questions: Is anyone planning a gender reveal (if you're finding out gender)? I'm struggling because we could find out this week from our NIPT results. I don't know if I want to just have them tell us, and/or do something more exciting to share with our son. If we do some sort of reveal, it would be small, no big parties. But I'm not sure what to do. 

@manamo777 I definitely feel like I'm starting to show. My pants are starting to not fit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashnicell I thought about doing a simple gender reveal when I told our family but didn’t end up doing it, but I was think of getting cup cakes or some other treat and filling the inside with blue so when they bite into it they could see. Something like that could be fun with kids. I just don’t recommend pyrotechnics lol
  • Options
    Oh goodness! Just got the phone call that our results are in. The genetic screening all looks good! Yay! That's the most important part. I asked her to put the gender in an envelope for me to pick up later today. Now that I know I can know...I'm not sure I can resist.
  • Options
    EDD: 8 Nov

Upcoming Appointments or Results: NIPT in a week or two, otherwise nothing coming up. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty run down as my baby and I both got Covid last week and are still recovering. Although losing sense of smell has been a tiny silver lining as I was throwing up a lot from random smells haha

Rants/Raves:
    Rave- Being vaccinated and having my booster was a godsend because I honestly thought I had allergies or a cold until my dad tested positive and then I tested and found out it was Covid. I'm sure it would have been so so so much worse without. 
    Rant- finding baby medication has been super hard! My partner has gone to half a dozen places looking for baby advil and  baby vapo-rub and can't seem to find them anywhere. 

Questions:
    I read somewhere that someone puts onions in their baby's socks when they are sick to draw out the toxins. I laughed but they seem to swear by it. Have you heard of or tried any funny or unusual ways to treat a sick baby?
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11 weeks 2 days - Nov 5

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Going to do blood work this week for prenatal maternal serum screening

How are you feeling?: tired, constipated, and big. It looks like I’m already showing even though I know it’s not baby bump yet. Planning on telling family and work next week at 12 weeks! I’m nervous about that 

Rants/Raves: I hate not knowing how baby is doing. We saw their heart beat during our ultrasound at 8+3 and I would love to be able to hear it soon

Questions: does anyone else have any sharp pinching/stabbing in their stomach? Mine seems to be to the right and slightly above my belly button and hurts when my my stomach is stretched (when I’m walking mainly). I think this is round ligament pain but I’d like to hear if others are feeling the same thing. 
  • Options
    @littlemarshmallow I had a similar pain in my last pregnancy and they never could quite figure out what it was.  They told me just to write down when it was happening to see if I noticed any patterns. I never did... By the time I got to the 2nd trimester it went away.  
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun thank you! Hopefully it doesn’t last long, my next appointment isn’t until May 18
  • Options
    @littlemarshmallow I've had a few similar pains on my right side, but lower than my belly button. I panicked and called the nurse line for my doctor's office. She said it was most likely constipation pain. 
  • Options
    ratpetes said:
    EDD: 8 Nov

Upcoming Appointments or Results: NIPT in a week or two, otherwise nothing coming up. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty run down as my baby and I both got Covid last week and are still recovering. Although losing sense of smell has been a tiny silver lining as I was throwing up a lot from random smells haha

Rants/Raves:
    Rave- Being vaccinated and having my booster was a godsend because I honestly thought I had allergies or a cold until my dad tested positive and then I tested and found out it was Covid. I'm sure it would have been so so so much worse without. 
    Rant- finding baby medication has been super hard! My partner has gone to half a dozen places looking for baby advil and  baby vapo-rub and can't seem to find them anywhere. 

Questions:
    I read somewhere that someone puts onions in their baby's socks when they are sick to draw out the toxins. I laughed but they seem to swear by it. Have you heard of or tried any funny or unusual ways to treat a sick baby?
    Covid for us was pretty mild too thank god .  Everyone jn my family who got it thought their sore throat was from smoking or “my throat is always dry “ 

as for the baby Advil, I’ve never heard of that but it’s usually easy to find baby Tylenol/acetaminophen  it usually doesn’t come with the syringe thing for feeding it to an infant but  the pharmacy window will usually give you one.

i haven’t heard of the onion thing. When my 1 year old had Covid I just gave him Tylenol every 6 hours and we watched movies and cuddled     
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  due date 11/1-11/3 can’t remember 

FTM/STM/TTM+: second time mom, my son is 16 months old now 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I have my genetic counseling/screening/NIpT test tomorrow. I’ve already told immediate family and a couple friends but after NIPT results I’ll feel better telling more people 

How are you  feeling?   Feeling pretty ok physically. I’m not very good at sleeping these days. It might be that I haven’t slept good since my son was born, or because I’m already getting up to pee 100 times a night (sometimes I think I just think I might have to pee then I can’t get back to sleep unless I go try )

We’re going to move cross country  in September so I’m already panicking a little.  We just had to pay loads of taxes last night (both self employed) so we’ve got a lot to do and a lot to save  

Rants/Raves: 
     Ugh taxes. Usually I do an accountant but this time turbo tax abs of course it took HoUrs. And was pretty annoying. I’ll probably go back to the accountant next year. 
    Someone mentioned snow earlier.  It’s crap weather here in Minnesota too. Last year at this time my cherry trees were almost in bloom. So far there are no signs of green or impending green anywhere 😭.  I’m happy to be moving back to Oregon where winter doesn’t last half the year!

i feel like i’m showing a little too  but it seems too soon, maybe it’s just leftovers from my last pregnancy-haven’t really gotten back into shape, or maybe showing a little 🤷‍♀️

Questions:🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 8th, 11 weeks

Upcoming Appointments or Results: NIPT is next week and I can’t for the life of me decide whether to learn the gender or try to wait longer and be surprised! We’ll be delighted either way. But the anxious side of me would rather know in advance so I can plan!

How are you feeling?: A little better but still lots of nausea, fatigue, aches, insomnia, etc. My biggest complaint right now is just the terrible taste in my mouth! It’s like this bitter metallic taste that I can’t get to go away. Anyone else? And yes I’ve definitely switched permanently to stretchy pants! It just looks like I’m bloated or gained Easter weight so far but I’m definitely feeling it. 😅

Rants/Raves: Rants - just this awful taste in my mouth! I’m eating way too much sugar from all the candy I keep eating to try to mask it. Raves - we told our wider family and work circles this week and everyone is so joyful! It’s fun to share such good news. PLUS - I just found out that one of my best friends is pregnant too! So we get to share this journey together! 💕

Questions: None, really - just hope you gals are all doing well and start to see symptoms ease up soon!
  • Options
    ratpetesratpetes member
    edited April 2022
    @autumn86754321 We've been cuddling and watching lots of baseball. I told my partner that screen time rules don't apply to sick babies :)

Baby Advil is great because it lasts 8 hours so I like it for overnight. It's especially handy for teething pain. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12 weeks today! Whew! Only 2 more weeks y'all. Due November 3. 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Nothing coming up. I just mentioned this in the thankful thread, but I got my NIST results on Tuesday--no abnormalities and having a girl!! I do have an appointment next week just for the standard chec. 

How are you feeling?: Honestly, like shit 😂 I have had the worst migraine the last 3 days and can't take my usual medication for it. I feel like I'm letting my work down, but thankfully, they're all super understanding. 

Rants/Raves: Just want time to move a little faster pleaaaase. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12 w!

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Blood draw next week after an appt. that ended quickly after they couldn't find the HB.  Had an ultrasound the next day and everything was great!! I am sort of upset that I went through that even though I can't really imagine how it could have been different. 

How are you feeling?:  Much better, still have to pee all of the time. 

Rants/Raves: I am ranting at myself for not being better at asking for help.  

Questions:None right now.  
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 13 weeks today! Last week of this trimester - wow! Due November 2. 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Monday’s apt didn’t require a blood draw and I was able to hear baby’s heartbeat again (winning!!) two weeks until we find out the gender ♥️

How are you feeling?: I never thought my world would revolve around food so much. Too long between meals, eat to quickly, eat too much and I feel AWFUL. Migraine’s have taken the place of morning sickness 🥴, luckily mostly in the evenings, which is better than while at work

Rants/Raves: Tons of double edge swords: Metamucil tastes disgusting and the consistency makes it hard to drink, but the constipation relief keeps me choking it down. I love being able to share my pregnancy with everyone but I’m already tired of answering the same generic questions 🙈