July 2022 Moms

April Symptoms

Pregnancy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What symptoms do you have going on as we reach the end of our 2nd trimesters?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: April Symptoms

• @inthewoods23 thanks for making these April threads! I usually try to be on top of the new monthly ones, but totally forgot! 

In the past week I’ve had some new pregnancy symptoms and I’m definitely feeling that 3rd trimester coming. I’ve had lower back tightness/pain. I’ve been trying to bend slowly and with my knees, which I think is helping.

Also last night I had my first leg cramp while sleeping which was pretty uncomfortable. If anyone has suggestions for stretches for either of these things I’d be happy to hear them. 
  • I cannot believe we are coming up to third tri. This pregnancy is flying by for me!

I’ve had more sciatic pain this past week. I notice it after I get up from sitting the most.  

Also, TMI but it’s been harder going to the bathroom despite eating a ton a fruit and drinking water, so I talked to my doctor about taking more colace. I do not want another pregnancy hemorrhoid 🙈
  • Loading the player...
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited April 2022
    @zinnia19 my leg camps just came back too!! I completely forgot about these. Flexing your foot very very slowly can help. And bananas. All the bananas. 

My nipples are absolutely killing me. Just being at the grocery store walking through the frozen aisle is turning into a pain experience. And my three year old has decided that not only is he going to nurse every hour from 3-6AM but he wants to stay latched. And he’s back on his kitty paw kick where he has to rub his free hand all over my chest and attempt to grab the other nipple. When I take his hand off, he unlatches and starts crying. And then I have to tell him he can still have milk and we start all over again. I can’t take the roaming hand on top of the pain. 
    I’m sure he’s doing it because I have very little if any milk left. But it is completely infuriating. And sleep depriving. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Heartburn/reflux has returneth. Boo. 
  • @tuxielove93 that sounds rough

@sunshineandlemons i've noticed that getting worse for me too. I was actually doing okay for a while but I needed to dig out my colace this weekend

@zinnia19 taking magnesium helps me for the leg cramps and just being careful of how i move/flex my foot at night

My carpal tunnel has returned the past couple weeks, the reflux is trying to appear - I've been feeling somewhat nauseous after eating small amounts of food since last night so that's fun, and having some pelvic pain, especially at night.  I finally called a new chiropractor this week but I can't get in for 2 weeks :( 
  • I hate these BH contractions. I really don’t want to go through weeks of prodromal labor again and this is reminding me of that. And I’m also freaking out a bit because I’m only 27weeks! Like hold on little buddy it isn’t time yet 😭 I know it’s normal and not real labor but it’s just really upsetting me 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 a friend of mine due in May was having BH contractions pretty early and was having the same fears as you but so far her baby is sitting tight. I think her BH eventually went away. Baby better hold his horses!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @lilirunning34 ugh I had the worse heartburn yesterday! That’s a new experience for me. Definitely uncomfortable. 
  • oli9oli9 member
    I thought I was getting away without heartburn this pregnancy but nope, it started up with a vengeance a couple of nights ago. All I had on hand was pepto bismol and let me tell you I’ll never take pepto again! I woke up with my tongue black! Black like I’d eaten that joke chewing gum. I was panicking thinking I breathed in mold at night or something and when I googled it I saw that pepto can give you that side effect. So strange. 
  • @oli9 according to my OB they say not to take Pepto Bismol. And yes, it's the bisthmus that turns things black (like 💩 of that's your problem lol)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • oli9oli9 member
    @inthewoods23 oh man I didn’t even check with my OB first. I was so desperate to alleviate the burn that I just took it without thinking twice 😣. I definitely won’t be taking it again after waking up with a black tongue. Totally freaked me out!
  • @oli9 I looked up why. First of all it's bismuth not bisthmus 😅. But more importantly taking Pepto in 2nd or 3rd trimester can cause bleeding problems! 😳

I've always just used tums for any heartburn. That's definitely safe.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • oli9oli9 member
    @inthewoods23 thanks for looking it up. I won’t be taking pepto again! What a screw up on my part. I had my husband run out and grab me some TUMS after you told me that your OB advised against pepto. If it wasn’t for my black tongue this morning I would have never thought twice about taking pepto and would have probably continued to take it. 
  • FTM here!

Nausea has been ongoing since the beginning, a little less obnoxious now though.

I’ve also noticed some weird food aversions (like it can’t even be in the same shopping cart or shelf in the fridge/freezer), and also some cravings.

Super ouchie back and my sides hurt, I’m not sure if it’s my belly muscles stretching or what but lower back to about halfway to my belly button is just a dull throb.

@tuxielove93 - was just out at dinner with fiancé and I stood up to leave and I about blacked out from the nipple pain. I’ve never in my life felt nipple paid like that. Felt bad for fiancé, he had “plans” for when we got home, that wasn’t happening.

@zinnia19 - I take potassium/magnesium daily and did pre pregnancy as well as drinking lots of water throughout the day, I try to have a banana and/or some flavored water with added electrolytes (I use Humm tablets and Mio squeeze bottles). Also, stretch your calves/feet before bed. I press my hands against a wall of door frame and put one leg behind me and keep my other leg in line with my body or in front and lean forward and stretch the muscle out real good. Hope that helps and wasn’t too much too read or sound too confusing.
  • @zinnia19 @oli9 @inthewoods23 Same! I woke up a couple nights ago with my throat burning and then a ittle while later woke up to having acid reflux actually come all the way up.  so that was fun.  I take chewable calcium/magnesium to help so I guess it's time to keep up on that!
    It's super fun because i have no appetite at dinner and now am feeling nauseous at like 9pm, probably from not eating enough, but if i eat then i have a hard time sleeping because of the reflux.  It's going to be a blast the next few months!
  • Damn... My luck ran out. Finally had a middle of the night bathroom trip at 2am haha.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • STM+ has anyone had contraction pains without actually having contractions? My stomach is not tightening/hardening but I am having pains that feel like contractions, and they are mirroring in my back. They hurt and don't feel like what I remember BH being. Trying not to get worked up enough to call the OB but it just feels weird 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @inthewoods23 omg I can’t believe you were able to make it this long! Impressive. My bathroom trips are regularly at like 3am every night.
  • @zinnia19 I even went to the bathroom before I went to bed! I lasted about 4 hours lol. Curious if this was a one time thing or I'm SOL on having a whole night of sleep without waking up ever again lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @jellie603 I'm sorry you're having some pains! I had some contraction like pains last night (and a couple weeks ago). I’m almost positive it was just gas pains getting stuck, if that even makes sense. But, with you carrying twins, I don’t think it would hurt to call up your OB. Did anything bring them on? I will note that I don’t feel my belly tightening with my BHs. It feels more like LO is pushing out/stretching and it gets somewhat hard to breath through. But my belly has never felt tight.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 gah it seems to early for any of us to have these pains! I'm sorry you felt them too. Nothing brought them on, I'm fairly sedentary these days haha. I called the OB just to be sure and she said to just keep an eye on them. When I had BH with my first all it was was tightening - I remember because it started at 32 weeks and continued until he was ejected 🙄
  • Anybody else dealing with discharge all the time? Doesn't feel that great but I also don't want to wear pantiliners every day for weeks/months 😩
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @jellie603 I hope they subside for you soon! Are they time able? Coming in a pattern?

@inthewoods23 I don’t have too much of it yet… but I definitely remember it with my first! I did end up wearing a liner for a good part of the third trimester because of it.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• jessie_95jessie_95 member
    edited April 2022
    @inthewoods23 super jealous you made it this long! I’ve had a regularly scheduled by management (but not by me) bathroom break between 3-4am for the last month or so. Which then wakes the dog up who wants to take his own break which wakes the cat up who wants breakfast. I actually will stay in bed and contemplate if it’s worth actually getting up to pee or if I can force myself back to sleep. Smdh.
  • BH contractions are normal anytime after 20 weeks. I've basically been having them since then. It doesn't always tighten the entire belly, especially the top. It can be painful though. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 this is super helpful! I’ve been having what I’m assuming are BH, since about 22wks, I freaked out the first time but doctor reassured me all was okay and it was normal but seeing how many of you ladies are going through the belly pains/cramps right now, definitely makes me feel less worried and alone.
  • @inthewoods23  I get an increase pretty early in Pregnancy (same with my first) so I’m on the daily panty liner train over here already 
  • @jessie_95 lmao by management. The kid surely calls the shots these days 😂

@runnergirl2018 I should just bite the bullet and start wearing them daily. Then I won't have those moments wondering if it's discharge or if I went myself lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 🤣🤣 the kid is definitely calling the shots. Fastest promotion to management I’ve ever seen I tell you.

@runnergirl2018 @inthewoods23 you mean you ladies DONT enjoy the Russian roulette style game every day of “is is discharge or did I pee myself?” because I love it, especially when I’m at work, or out running errands. 🤣
  • sacha0088sacha0088 member
    edited April 2022
    Anyone experiencing headaches? Mine just started last night around 10:30pm after eating a piece of chocolate. I’m still feeling it right now 11:20am. Really hoping it’s nothing serious like pre-eclampsia or gestational diabetes. 🤞I’m currently 25.5 weeks haven’t had my gestational diabetes test yet until next visit (@ 28 weeks). I’ve been taking baby aspirin daily to prevent pre-eclampsia given my age risk (35). 

update: I just checked my blood pressure twice and it’s 83-89 sys / 61-67 dia. Pulse 73-75. I think this is considered low blood pressure? Probably shouldn’t self-diagnose, but tried googling low blood pressure and headache during late second trimester, didn’t find anything helpful. 
  • That is considered low. I’d call your doctor just to check in. Very low blood pressure can actually be a sign of placental problems, although idk if this is linked to a headache. 

Headaches can be very normal in pregnancy, but that BP top number is under the “normal” range 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Thanks @tuxielove93. Just checked again and it’s now 96-103 sys / 66-74 dia. Pulse 73-90. maybe it’s just time of day 
  • @sacha0088 I’ve surprisingly not had migraines or even really headaches this pregnancy and it’s something I normally suffer from. The one bad one I had this pregnancy turned out to be Covid related and I tested positive. Hope that isn’t the same for you and hope you’ve gotten some relief!
  • Third pregnancy here. The only uncomfortable symptom I am having is enlarged veins in my lady-bit region 🙄. I have been told this is because I am on my third pregnancy and it gets worse each successive pregnancy. Other than that, really no heartburn, leg cramps, really anything that I experienced with my first 2 pregnancies. 
  • sacha0088sacha0088 member
    edited April 2022
    Thank @sunshineandlemons and @elsieja, I think I might’ve just been too exhausted and/or dehydrated.

Tonight, I’m sitting on couch, baby kicking every now and then, all of a sudden a part of my belly near belly button caves in for 10 seconds. I freak out and tell my husband sitting next to me, but by that time belly was no lower caving in and back to normal. Anyone experience this before? Currently 27w0d. I thought maybe diastasis recti but the concaving was only for few seconds ?
  • @sacha0088 Normal. You probably have diastis recti and as baby moves around, that part will sink in or come back out. Mine does it all the time. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Ughh here comes the pelvic girdle pain. Sucks to walk, getting out of bed in the morning, going up stairs, putting on pants. And I still have 3 months to go.  :'(
  • @stardustskies I never know what to call my ache and pains, but this sounds like me right now too 😭.

Also, my stomach skin (and maybe muscles too?) does not feel good. Right at the point of my belly all the way around hurts to the touch and the muscles underneath are sore. Then right in the middle (where I imagine my DR is nice and separated) is completely numb...yet somehow still hurts. 
  • @jellie603 I Google my symptoms to find a name and then Google the name to see if it matches, and it certainly does lol. I like to have a name for when I complain to my OB haha. I'm sorry you're going through it too. No fun. 
  • @stardustskies I tried that with my first pregnancy and ended up over estimating what was going on so I gave up on that haha. I just hope I can effectively describe what I am feeling to my OB and she will get it 😂