November 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In for DD 11/9-11/15 (week of 4/25)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Weekly Check In for DD 11/9-11/15 (week of 4/25)

• Options
    mflowers929mflowers929 member
    edited April 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 9

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Supposed to have my 3 hour glucose test on Friday, but more about that in my rant...
    I am trying on my dentures tomorrow though, and that's exciting me!

How are you feeling?: Tired, I have heartburn. Very emotional

Rants/Raves: So I failed my 1 hour glucose test (not by much) and they want me to take the 3 hour test. The only time they have available to do the test, apparently, is at 7:45 in the morning. Because of work schedules I don't go to bed until like 3 AM. I just got off the phone with the nurse at the hospital where I tried to ask for a later time or for another option like doing the finger pricks and they gave me absolutely NO options, despite my bringing up the fact that being sleep deprived would not give an accurate reading. I'm actually considering just canceling the appointment. I still have to do it again at 28 weeks anyways.

Questions: What would you do? (updated lower)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I personally would have a hard time not doing what the dr asked. However, your reasons for not wanting to do it make sense to me especially because you will have to do it again.

Due Date / Weeks + Days:  November 13

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #4

Upcoming Appointments or Results: May 4th

How are you feeling?: had a slightly better past few days. The unisom/b6 is definitely making the first half of my day tolerable

Rants/Raves: 
    Ready to stop feeling like shit.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was thinking while I was out running errands and I'm going to call the doctor who monitors me because of my history of miscarriage. He's actually an internist, so diabetes is within his scope of practice. If he says I have no option then I'll figure something out somehow, but I'm hoping he'll give me another option.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 That’s a tough call. I’d have a hard time saying “no” to having the 3 hr test if I failed the 1 hr. Ultimately I’d want to make sure everything is okay. With your history, knowing your own body, and knowing the early appt time will screw up your results maybe you could cancel the appointment and call at the beginning of next week to re-schedule?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 10

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: May 13

How are you feeling?: Mornings I feel surprisingly good and have energy. But by afternoon I’m worn out and start getting a little nauseous in the evening.

Rants/Raves: Ugh, the bloating is catching up to me. There’s no firmness to my little belly yet so it’s super annoying.

Questions: Might be in my head but I swear I’ve felt a little flutter here and there. I always wait to see if it’s just gas but these last few times it wasn’t. With my second I felt flutters around 12-13 weeks, I’m very in tune with my body. Does it seem unreasonable to maybe feel some at just over 11 weeks with baby no. 3?
  • Options
    @chuckle_sandwich yeah, I'm probably going to cancel it until I can talk to the doctor and see what he has to say.
    I'd say it's maybe possible, depending on placenta position and activity of your baby. With my son (my first) I thought I was crazy at first, but I felt him at 13 weeks. I had a posterior placenta and he was SUPER active though, so it was definitely him lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 13, 11w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: just had appointment yesterday to hear heartbeat on Doppler and see baby and it went so well! I’ve been having crazy anxiety after reading so many women that have MMCs and my nausea started to ease up around 9ish weeks so in my head it automatically turns to something bad is happening. But baby’s great and measured at 12 weeks yesterday so I guess I’ve just got a big one in there 😅 

How are you feeling?: much better! I still feel mild nausea every day but no more vomiting. I’m getting more and more headaches and am getting bloody noses every other day but doc says that’s all normal. I actually feel like I might be up to going to gym after what feels like I’ve been bed ridden for the last 2 months. 

Rants/Raves: just bummed I don’t to see baby again until middle of June for our anatomy scan! Realllllly tempted to buy a baby Doppler to help with anxiety. 

Questions: any experienced moms have any tips on flying pregnant? I have a 5.5 hr flight coming up in a few weeks and doc says to keep moving, drinking water, and wear compression socks, but I’m flying an overnight flight where I was hoping to sleep…. Any suggestions? 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 10, 11w5d 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Just had my first appointment with my midwife (also a certified nurse, who works in my OB practice), and an ultrasound. US showed all the appendages where they need to be. I think they took 11 vials of blood yesterday, which was bananas. 

How are you feeling?: I *think* the B6/Unisom are helping? I think. I hope.

Rants/Raves: Just ready to see the back of the first trimester.

Questions: I never have a question when I need one, lol.