Infertility
Options

new in town

Hello all, and good luck to everyone! My husband is sterile due to cancer treatments when he was a teenager, which we knew might be a possibility and had confirmed this fall. We are fortunate to have a vial of his sperm that was cryopreserved before the treatments as this is a known side effect, so we’re planning IVF with ICSI and a FET after genetic testing. We’ve been waiting six weeks for my insurance to approve everything and we can get started, which has been frustrating and stressful. I’m now on the pill to delay my period so we can start IVF as soon as the insurance approves it. I’m usually and very organized, efficient person so having so much out of my control is uncomfortable but I’m trying to go with the flow.

Re: new in town

• Options
    @brooklyn7476 That is wonderful that your husband and his doctors had the foresight to cryopreserve his sperm.  Not feeling in control is the hardest part for me as well.  I have definitely learned to try not to think too far ahead (my husband also constantly reminds me of this) and to take things one step at a time (no what if questions!).  You've got this!  I try to focus on what is and isn't in my control and limit my worrying about things that I cannot change.  Your organization skills will be helpful to stay on top of everything and will help the process go more smoothly.  I also distract myself with crafts or projects around the house when I'm not at work so I am not constantly thinking about IVF.  Wishing you the best of luck and peace throughout this process!
  • Options
    Welcome <3 Wishing you all the best on your journey!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wishing you good luck on your upcoming IVF cycle, @brooklyn7476

I am also pretty type A and wanting to be in control. I got The IVF Journal and something they said in there was that you can prepare for IVF, but you can't necessarily plan for IVF. So that's how I've decided to look at the whole journey. All I can do is mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually prepare myself in ways that make sense. 

Sending you good baby vibes! 
  • Options
    Thank you both!