September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/18

Sorry folks, forgot to post this yesterday!

What random stuff is going on in your world?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/18

• Options
    I don’t care that this isn’t the meme thread. I am tired today and complained to hubbs that I miss my 200-300mg caffeine coffee cups and he sent me this. I was hyena-laughing alone in my classroom. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were supposed to hear if we made it to the next round last night for interviews. My husband got a weird email saying, thanks for reaching out I'll be in touch on Thursday from the principal. I got an email with more explanation that things are busy returning form break and they need to get things organized she would contact me on Thursday. It was really strange, but now my husband thinks that it's not guaranteed, but my brain and the email I got makes me think they didn't figure out when they wanted to host the next round and need to meet as a team to figure that out before giving us more information. 
  • Options
    Saw this article on Boston.com about a woman who ran the Boston Marathon on Monday at 32 weeks pregnant. AND she finished in just over four hours. Dang, I get winded just going up the stairs!!!
  • Options
    Re. Pregnant marathoner … that’s great, you do you! But also… why? 
  • Options
    @bigworldlittleg right?? There was a runner that ran a marathon and went into labor towards the end so went straight to the hospital and had the baby.
  • Options
    @babywiik WOAH!! Couldn't imagine...
  • Options
    congrats @laj0217! How much stuff have you already gathered? I feel so behind the ball, but we won't have my office stuff moved out of what will be the nursery for another month or two. Let me live vicariously through you and your new nursery!
  • Options
    @leannechristina we’ve been grabbing stuff from the buy nothing free group as it comes up - a halo bassinet, high chair, and swing. Then buy buy baby and target have both had really good sales/coupons, so we have a stroller with infant car seat, convertible car seats for both cars when he outgrows the infant carrier, and my godmother just bought the crib off of my registry and it comes Saturday!! So much stuff 😁 and my poor parents are storing it all in my childhood bedroom until the Friday we move. They are saints lol 😆 I’m excited but holy moly how does one small person need so many things!!
  • Options
    @laj0217 I'm not a huge fb fan, but the buy nothing free groups are probably a bandwagon I'll be jumping on in the next month. It just makes sense!
    How exciting! I love how the room changes when the crib goes up! Parents rock. My mom and sisters were convinced this baby would be a girl. There are 4 bags packed full of baby girl clothes at my mom's house that they now need to rehome since, it's a boy! haha
  • Options
    New experience! I looked down at my lap and was surprised by my bump! 😆 I literally exclaimed “woah!” and made my students (all three in study hall) very curious. They were amused when I explained.
    I spent most of a minute poking it. It’s not much, but it is enough for now. It’ll get there.
  • Options
    kboydbowmankboydbowman member
    edited April 2022
    It's that time again!

This week's fun with stats:

(Once again, data is primarily gathered from the introductions and ultrasounds posts, with occasional additions from the weekly updates thread).

1) We currently have 51 women who are active in this board.  "Active" in this case being defined as having posted within the past two weeks. Of our active ladies,
    • 1 is due in middle August but has chosen to hang out with us
    • 13 are due in the first week of September (9/1-9/7)
    • 12 are due in the second week of September (9/8-9/15)
    • 12 are due in the third week of September (9/16-9/22)
    • 13 are due in the last week of September (9/23-9/30)
    2) In terms of age, of our active ladies,
    • 10 are age 25-29
    • 15 are age 30-34
    • 7 are age 35-39
    • 3 are 40 and over
    • 16 have not disclosed their age
    3) What baby number is it for our active ladies?
    • For 27 of us, it's the first baby.
    • For 14 of us, it's the second baby.
    • For 5 of us, it's the third or more baby.
    • For 5 of us, this data is unknown.
    4) Where are our active ladies?
    • 6 are outside the U.S. (Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Norway) 
    • 6 are in the Pacific coast states (CA, OR, WA)
    • 1 is in the Southwest (NM)
    • 7 are in the Midwest (MI, MN, NE, WI) 
    • 2 are in the Northeast (MA, NH) 
    • 1 is in the Mid-Atlantic (NY)
    • 4 are in the Southeast (GA, NC, SC)
    • 1 is in the Deep South (LA)
    • 23 have not disclosed their location.
    • So far we have no ladies who have reported their location as Appalachia (e.g., WV, KY) or non-continental states (HI, AK)
    6) For sex, so far...
    • 16 mamas have announced for team blue 
    • Planned boy names: Ephraim, Jackson, Nevillen, William, Wyoming, Zig
    • 13 mamas has officially announced for team pink
    • Planned girl names: Gracelyn
    • 6 mamas have reported they plan to be team green
    *Note that these tallies indicate specific usernames who have stated explicitly the sex of their baby(ies) - this does not encapsulate the total courts on the "I'm Just Here for the SEX" post, which are higher.

7) So far, only one of our active ladies has reported they are having twins (but we do have some inactive ladies with multiples as well).

8) Other factoids:
    • We have 26 women who have posted more than 2 weeks ago but less than a month ago (6 of these have only posted once).
    • We have 188 women who have posted more than a month ago (73 of these only posted once).
    • We have unfortunately also had 8 women who have left us following confirmed losses.
    • We have 5 women who previously posted but have since deleted their accounts.
    • We have 1 woman who has since relocated to the October board.

If you don't think I'm accounting for your data (or you want to check), let me know and I'll update my spreadsheet. 
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman I know I saw someone note it somewhere else, different context. I see you said “gender” instead of “sex” and I am curious why.

For today’s random… my dog’s collar latch (a carabiner ish style with a spinny coupler, see photo below) came undone when she took off after a bird because the coupler had slid down and… suddenly I had no dog. She came back immediately when I called her after chasing the bird to a fence, but I can’t help but think “What if it had been the deer family in the woods?”
    She would have been gone. Her recall (coming when called) is about 50% in low-stakes situations and if there were deer, the same deer she has been ogling for months, not just a flying bird… I don’t know how I would have gotten her back.
    I fixed the latch when we got home and added blue Loctite so it won’t rattle loose again. It’s a strong kind of latch and with Loctite, I’ll just still check it every now and then. I think I died inside a little bit and I feel extremely fortunate that it happened under such fortuitous circumstances. 

• Options
    Super excited for my break this week, that even though the cleaning person we hired didn't show up for the third week in a row, I just don't care. We're headed to see my niece play soccer tomorrow, then we're spending 2 days at great wolf lodge with my mom and sister. I might take a side trip to Boston Sunday but not positive. Then I have my anatomy scan which I'm nervous about because I haven't seen baby since 8 weeks and with my other kids I would have had 5 scans already. But I'm so excited for a break with my girls. 
  • Options
    @pangolindrome
    was probably tired when I made the original I copy from, but that's an excellent point.  Changing it now.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Those of you thinking about cloth diapers. There's really good sales today and this weekend for earth day. Splurge today and save yourself about 20% off.

• Options
    jhysmath said:
    Those of you thinking about cloth diapers. There's really good sales today and this weekend for earth day. Splurge today and save yourself about 20% off.

YES! I'm planning to grab a few more pieces to up my stash for Baby.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    I picked up a couple blankets from bumblito on sale because I love them. About to check out smartbottoms 
  • Options
    I thought I'd be able to squeeze into my normal one piece still.... Turns out I can't. Good thing I brought the ugly maternity suit. Need to buy a cute one this pregnancy because I'll actually wear it more than once. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I got some cute ones from shein that were also super cheap. I doubt they will last more than a year or 2, but they really don't need to.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @jhysmath I second cute suits on shein. I got a black one piece for like $17 and it actually looks pretty cute. I’m between sizes, and went up and it’ll be perfect by midsummer I think. I also got a string bikini in a size up at target. I’m hoping I can just keep letting out the strings 😂
  • Options
    I have a few in my Amazon list I really liked that were recommended somewhere. The one I have was the only one I could find at kohls when I had my second and my first enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool where we lived. 
  • Options
    Really looking forward to bikinis this season. I already wear them, but usually feel pretty self conscious. There will be no trepidation this year!