November 2022 Moms

Weekly Check in for DD 11.16 - 11.23 (w/o 4/18)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check in for DD 11.16 - 11.23 (w/o 4/18)

• DD: 11/20 9+1
    STM

Appts: Have my first long nurse ob appointment today. Had spotting last week and HCG numbers were weird-  so was sent in for ultrasound- saw a heartbeat and got our estimated due date

feeling: nauseous - always- but not to point of HG. Tired like crazy. A bit anxious(trigger) …. Two previous miscarriages happened around this time so trying to live in hope that this time will be different.

rant: I just want 1st trimester done- so done with the nausea 
    rave: got to tell family at Easter- told our 4year old who was elated! 

Question: intimacy with partner while nauseous - any tips? 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/20, 9+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: ultrasound on 4/20 yay! 

How are you feeling?: I continue to feel absolutely exhausted despite getting a decent night sleep. I have waves of nausea but I feel as though they are well controlled with food, water or movement. My boobs are so sore and I think getting bigger or just feeling fuller. Also have been dealing with little pimples within the last week - seems like a new one pops up daily, which is a little frustrating.

Rants/Raves:  
    Rave - we told my in laws yesterday and they were ecstatic! 
    Rant - my hubs is the most confident guy rarely anxious and I can tell he is getting a little annoyed with my constant anxiety about becoming parents. We want kids so bad but I think this is going to be a HUGE adjustment for both of us and it's always on my mind.

Questions: none at the moment 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lilsWed174741 yay for telling family! We've told much of our family (thank goodness we told my aunts and uncles last week because I was practically green when we arrived at Easter yesterday), our final announcing day to my BILs is coming up on Sunday. We're very excited to have all the important people in our lives know.

@physiomama22 I feel you on the acne. My vesuvious finally started to go down, and 3 more popped up right next to it :unamused: . I think the anxiety is totally understandable, like you said it's going to completely change your lives, and change is always scary.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17, 9w4d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: first appointment with my OB on Friday now that I've graduated from the RE

How are you feeling?: bleh. Nausea ramped up a lot over the weekend. At least the headaches haven't been as bad?

Rants/Raves: I'm so glad my semester is almost over. I had to adjust my work availability because, believe it or not, going 7 days a week between work and school while being pregnant is a bit too much, who knew! Three more weeks of classes and then finals, but who's counting. Looking forward to my OB appointment since I've had a bit of anxiety due to cramping. I need to call and find out if I'm going to be getting an ultrasound so we know if my husband should come with.

Questions: Any suggestions for insomnia in the form of waking up every couple hours to pee? As of right now I'm just assuming it's a yay pregnancy thing lol.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/22 8+6

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: No more appts until May 

How are you feeling?: Tired… exhausted… burnt out. Nauseous on and off. Made thanksgiving brunch for 40 in laws yesterday!

Rants/Raves: we told my parents a few weeks ago when they were here and I pleaded with them not to tell anyone until we were ready to announce, being so early. We also took progesterone and letrozole for this one, which is the first time I’ve needed medical intervention to ovulate/conceive, so I’ve been hesitant to announce. They don’t know about my 4 prior losses (basically for the following reason…) but my they’ve told SO many family members on a “don’t tell anyone buuut…” sort of way and I’m SO pissed!!!!! I get that they’re excited but… my entire family and THEM included are not my support people if something were to happen, so I was really being trusting and vulnerable even telling them. Now I’m just stressed if something happens having to tell the world (I’m not good with public grieving/sharing emotions with family etc) and haaaate the “pity” aspect that my family always portrays, instead of comfort. Even if nothing bad happens, I still just feel so disrespected that they couldn’t keep it private after I gave them NUMEROUS reasons why, a main one of which being we didn’t even tell my husband’s parents until yesterday. Blegh. Annoyed.

Questions: none for now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17 9+4 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: nothing until May 6 then a normal check up

How are you feeling?: so much better the last week. I only had to take zofran twice in the last 7 days and haven’t had to take Unisom and B6. Finally feeling human again. Still can’t stand certain foods and have a coffee aversion (👎) but I’ll take it. Just super tired now.  

Rants/Raves: we had to gut our basement to fix foundation issues. It was our toy room, so we have all those toys and storage boxes scattered around the house. I have zero energy to clean anything. My husband and I both worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday 13 hour days so I’m just sitting in the trashed house recovering while my kids eat candy. Trying not to stress about getting the basement back together after the work is done 😩 

Questions 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 21st (9 weeks today)

Upcoming Appointments or Results: NONE at this point… I’m getting really frustrated with the search for an OB. I’ve tried to make appointments at 2 different offices at this point and neither is calling me back to schedule an appointment even though both assure me they have availability. 

How are you feeling?: My nausea has ramped
    up really bad in the last week or so. Still feeling tired/fatigued and emotional.

Rants/Raves: Rant - I really want this first trimester to be over because I am struggling bad. I have a huge vomit phobia, so gagging daily has been so emotionally draining on top of the obvious physical issues. As a teacher it’s been really difficult to work. Raves - I feel like we have told a small group of people who have all been so wonderfully supportive. It’s nice to know people are willing to help out. 

Questions: Is anyone struggling to work right now? How are you coping with symptoms at your job? 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8W 6D

Upcoming Appointments or Results: next appointment is April 27th, but I did have an appointment today as we had a scare this weekend that turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma. Babies are both doing fine and still measuring where they should be! 

How are you feeling?: due to the scare this weekend, I’m feeling exhausted. Is this what being a parent feels like?! I’m also still dealing with nauseous but it gets a lot better when I’m making sure I’m eating enough. 

Rants/Raves: with the scare this weekend and everything turning out to be ok, I’m happy to have had another ultrasound to check up on the babies and see they are doing ok! We also told family this weekend and it was so special to see their reaction 

Questions:
  • @melissacollins28

2nd that- teacher too- keeping it from my students has been hard. I ended up telling my boss and two coworkers. If I have to leave the classroom I send an sos text and they help cover. But it is difficult. Just making sure I’m snacking and drinking water. 
    Will admit I used a prep the other day to put my head down on my desk and nap for 30 mins. 
  • I thought I was getting away with relatively light nausea, but oof the last couple days have been ROUGH.
  • @lilsWed174741 No tips because there is no way I'd be intimate while nauseous. Mine is worst at the end of the day anyway, and my husband knows it. Forgive my forwardness, but is it YOU who wants it or your partner? Because if they do and you don't, then they don't get it.

• @PurplePumpernickel
    feelin all the loves- wanting to be close with all this joy- but know that vomiting in the middle would really wreck the mood 

any one else in that boat? Haven’t been able to do the deed for 9 weeks … come on 2nd trimester
  • Had my ultrasound today. Everything looked great and healthy. My due date changed from 11/20 to 11/28. My birthday is on 11/27 so I'm getting a good laugh out of that.

But does this mean i change groups for weekly check ins?
  • @physiomama22, if you change your EDD in the app, it will give you the same articles/stats as others in the last week check-in. Plus, you'll hit viability/trimester milestones with them. But, you're always welcome here too, totally up to you. I'll be reading your check-in either way, I read them all, and respond when I have something to contribute.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21.  / 9+2

Upcoming Appointments or Results: We had our first "real" appointment today. Such a huge relief to see LO wiggling around and acting adorable. 

How are you feeling?: So. So. SO. Nauseous. Holy moly. Doc gave me the ok to add in Zofran to my Unisom/B6 regimen, and I think I love her lol

Rants/Raves: Just so ready to be over this nausea and fatigue. But our Bean is already worth it! ❤️
  • @ponyoisfun thanks for getting these going this week!

@lilswed our nearly 5 year old is desperate for a sister (3&1.5 year old are boys), I hope she can get over her disappointment if she gets another brother instead. Does your 4 year old have a preference?

@physiomama22 I think you're right to acknowledge the major life adjustment that comes with a child, especially the first one. I get that your husband is in denial, and I'm sorry that he is annoyed by your reasonable anxiety. Kids are a big shift, and it's good to think about those changes ahead of time. Is there any of your anxieties that are in his wheelhouse? Maybe deciding on starting an education based savings vs maxing out your hsa or 401k? What about updating your life insurance/will? (Hopefully I didn't just add more to your plate, sorry!)

@fantasyflyte I was totally taken aback by first tri fatigue with my first too. Good for you for cutting back at work. Hopefully your second tri energy boost kicks in next month and you can enjoy your summer. Will you take classes this summer?

@sunshine2417 I'm sorry your family is struggling with boundaries. It seems like it's not something mine seem to ever make any progress on, so I share your disappointment that they didn't learn anything from the previous times.

@Gingermom15 we are also in house fix mode. I am not looking forward to our family bathroom being out of use for 2+ weeks. (Thankfully not our only bathroom, but still.)

@melissacollins28 I'm sorry you're having such a tough time getting in to see an ob. Hopefully someone gets back to you soon.

@goldenmom00 love the new username ;) so glad to hear both babies are doing well.

@bkk2cville I had a very wiggly bean too, so cool to see them moving so early. I need this babe to get all that energy out in utero though, imma need a chill 4th trimester lol.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11.16 / 10+2

FTM/STM/TTM+: #4 (~5g, 3b, 1.5b)

Upcoming Appointments or Results: may 9

How are you feeling?: Rough. I typed out this whole thing earlier this week and it disappeared, and I couldn't bring myself to put all the effort in again until today.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I finally got my Hawaiian/bbq chicken pizza. Rant: I was sick after just one bite. Everything that I can convince myself to eat leads immediately to heartburn and nausea. I was also devastated that after making the gargantuan effort required to get to my favorite bagel place (closes at 4, I am not dragging all 3 kiddos in) they were out of literally the only thing I wanted-rosemary olive oil bagel. Not gonna lie, I legit cried.

Questions: you guys want to help me pick names? Can we just start a name thread already!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sejica I'm doing a fulltime internship and an online class because I have no chill lol. Sorry you weren't able to enjoy your pizza. :(
  • @sejica start the thread! I'm curious to see everyone's options.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: due 11/22, 9 weeks 3/7 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I just found out on 4/18 that I am expecting mono/di (identical) twins

How are you feeling?: Overwhelmed with the increased risk in this type of twin pregnancy

Rants/Raves: Raves: We were trying for just one more baby and ended up with two! My husband has been incredibly supportive and excited.

Questions: Any other moms of mono/di twins out there want to connect?

Also looking for twin names (both two boys and two girls) to go with my older daughters Luna and Mila.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/19 / 10 weeks

Upcoming Appointments or Results: NT scan May 2!

How are you feeling?: I don’t want to jinx it but I feel like I have have turned a corner this week. Mostly just nauseous first thing in the morning and at night, when weeks 6-8 it was all day every day. I also am not totally exhausted. The last few weeks I was in bed totally exhausted by 7 pm. This week I’ve been able to stay up until 9 or 10. Of course all of this makes me anxious that something is wrong, but I haven’t had any symptoms of that. 

Rants/Raves: I told my coworkers this week and they are all so supportive and excited! I also decided to order some of my favorite pants in a size bigger and wow that was a great decision. I highly recommend it. No point in squeezing into tight pants at this point. 

Questions: Has anyone had an NT scan yet? What can I expect at that appointment?
  • @sejica
    she wants a sister- she said if we have a boy we can just pretend it’s a girl. I’m happy either way!
    sorry your pizza didn’t work😥

@peppermint1119
    i hit a point of feeling better this week too- had an ultrasound and saw placenta was developing - so less symptoms make sense. 
    No NT for this one yet- but on my last it was a pretty routine ultrasound- just getting the blood draws with the correct timing was the biggest hassle.
  • Hi there. 

I feel a little late to this thread but better late than never. 

First time mom and first time pregnant. My due date is 11/18 so I am 10w2d. 

I felt that most of my symptoms were improving but then the nausea came back today. Not super bad but makes me feel queasy. My other symptoms include slight headaches, sore breasts, increased acne, bloating and exhaustion. I always feel tired!!!! I caught a cold about two weeks ago and the congestion seemed to linger but that is starting to clear up finally! 

It took me almost ten months to conceive so I feel pretty blessed, but I CAN NOT wait to start feeling better and actually feel pregnant. I feel like I’m in this awkward stage of just looking chubby and not being in the greatest mood because I don’t feel that well. But I also haven’t told very many people so I have been keeping all these thoughts and feelings to myself. 

I have two appointments this week. One on 4/27 and the other on 4/29. As long as these appointments go well I plan on announcing my pregnancy to friends and coworkers. I feel like this can’t come soon enough as I feel like I have been keeping a huge secret forever. I am so excited to finally be able to share this amazing news with people important to me and let them know the reason I am getting chubby and have been antisocial is because I’m pregnant! Lol 

I appreciate being able to read through these threads and learn I’m not alone through all of this and thankful to have this community. ♥️