December 2022 Moms
Options

Extreme Fatigue

6w3d - been lucky so far no morning sickness aside from mild nausea here and there but omg the fatigue. There are days where I feel like if I don't sleep immediately I will actually die. I actually feel sick if I force myself to stay awake - like flu like symptoms, I start to feel chills and hot at the same time and really lightheaded and just physically ill - but after a 2 hour nap I wake up and all of that is gone (though I'm usually still foggy and tired, but it's like, an acceptable amount of tired).

Anyone experiencing this? It is fatigue like I've never experienced before. I keep trying to explain it to my partner who thinks it's just like...when you've had a long day... And I keep being like, NO I LITERALLY FEEL LIKE IM GOING TO DIE IF I DON'T SLEEP. How long does this exhaustion last and does it just get worse throughout first trimester?

Re: Extreme Fatigue

• Options
    This is my third pregnancy and the first time that fatigue is hitting me like this. Even when I was pregnant with a one year old running around I was tired all the damn time, but this is different. I will be feeling totally fine one minute and then the next I cannot keep my eyes open. I'm falling asleep for little cat naps all over the place every day. Thankfully, 20 minutes or so of sleep and I'm back up. But yeah, it is a unique kind of fatigue. I'm sure it'll ease up near the end of the first trimester. Our blood supply is ramping up and the placenta is growing along with baby. This won't last forever.
  • Options
    I felt like this when I tried to fight it the first week or two after finding out. I have days like that still but it isn’t every day rn, but when it does hit, there’s no arguing with my body. Today is one of those days for sure but yesterday not so much. I feel like I want to breakdown into tears, shivering, and then dizzy if I keep pushing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here. So far it seems like every other day for me. Yesterday I napped all day and worked when I had a little energy. Thank goodness I can work from the couch. But today I felt great. Worked out. Cleaned the house. Went to the store. Everyone says listen to your body. My active brain is struggling with this but I’m getting used to it. Don’t know if you’ve heard of a relay race called Ragnar, but it’s a two day team running race. I did it three times and the exhaustion now reminds me of the exhaustion I had after that. Tell your partner it literally feels like you ran a marathon. It’s the only way I know how to help him understand. 
  • Options
    I’m sooo exhausted all the time I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like you might die if you don’t sleep haha. I feel totally drained and I can’t always nap which is the most frustrating part! Hoping second trimester I have more energy but that’s still 5 weeks away !