1st Trimester
Options

Different test results. Apt not til 4/29 and concerned about miscarriage

I have not been able to conceive a child due to a blocked tube(I only have one). However, I am still on bc for ovarian cysts. At the end of January I bled extremely heavily, almost a week and half long, which is completely abnormal. My doctor switched me to the “mini pill” which I started right after that heavy bleeding episode(around 1/20). No period in February just some spotting. Fast forward to beginning of March I had unprotected sex, but didn’t think anything of it because I’m infertile. No period in March. I decided to test just to see on April 7th and it was positive, I got 2 negatives the following Saturday morning but then a positive that afternoon. I got another positive this past Tuesday and then again this past Saturday, but then negative Sunday and then yesterday. All different brands, types and boxes. I did spot earlier this week for about 2 days. I had horrible cramps and back pain last Thursday into Saturday . The pain has subsided and I’m not bleeding yet, but I definitely feel like it’s about to start.

My appointment isn’t until the 29th and I honest don’t know what to believe. I’ve read that ovarian cysts can cause false positives-has anyone else experienced that?

Re: Different test results. Apt not til 4/29 and concerned about miscarriage

• Options
    That many false positives is unlikely, I don’t want to scare you but it’s very possible you had a chemical pregnancy which can give you a positive and then late a negative because your HCG levels go up and then back down fairly quickly, I have had 2 chemical pregnancies and they were not viable I lost them within 3-4 weeks.  I am wishing you all the luck and if you don’t feel like waiting do what I did, go to the ER and tell them you think you’re pregnant and losing the baby they will give you a blood test!
  • Options
    Try to do a blood test at a local facility, like quest diagnostics or something. Normally you can get a same day appointment. I would definitely do that than continue with the peeing tests, because it's clearly too inconclusive in your case.