1st Trimester

8 week scan measuring 6 weeks 2 days- missed miscarriage? What was your experience?

Hi! This is my first pregnancy and first post. The first day of my lmp was 2/13, my first pregnancy tests was 3/11 and positive. I went in on 4/12 and baby was measuring 6 weeks 2 days with no heartbeat. It’s marked as a suspicious pregnancy. All of my pregnancy symptoms are gone, no nausea, no tender breasts. Should I be concerned about miscarriage? My dr won’t do another scan until 10-14 days after my original scan and refused to collect hcg anytime I asked. Did you experience no heartbeat at six week and baby was ok? Or have you experienced a missed miscarriage? 

Re: 8 week scan measuring 6 weeks 2 days- missed miscarriage? What was your experience?

• @1211tess It could go either way.  If you were only using LMP for tracking, and not BBT tracking or anything else more specific, you could have just O'd late, or maybe you have a non-28 day cycle.  In that case, your PG could be progressing perfectly normally, and it was just too early to see a HB, which usually happens around 7 weeks.  Or if your body absolutely did O EXACTLY 2 weeks after your LMP, then this could definitely indicate a MMC.  

Try not to symptom spot.  Having a missed period IS a symptom.  Symptoms do come and go and do not necessarily indicate a healthy/non-healthily progressing PG.  

Unfortunately, at this point the only thing you can do is wait.  Wait a week or two for another scan and see if the baby has progressed or not.  Usually HCG betas are only collected up until about 7 weeks, once you can see a heartbeat, they usually use that as an indicator instead of beta draws.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• If it makes you feel any better and 6 weeks 2 days my babies heart rate was 82 which is extremely low, by 7 weeks it was 120 and by 8 weeks it was 159, it’s very possible you were just too early and it’s a perfectly viable pregnancy.  I am 11 weeks now and my doctors say my baby looks perfect so I wouldn’t worry unless you’re having intense cramps and bleeding. I know it’s easier said than done but less stress the better for you and baby! I’m praying for you guys!