December 2022 Moms
Options

Spotting?!?!?? Sign of Miscarriage?

Has anyone experienced spotting? I’m trying not to overthink it, but I’m worried it can be a sign of a miscarriage starting. Do miscarriages come on suddenly with heavy bleeding and pain? Or are they gradual? Like can it start with just light spotting then build to heavy bleeding and cramping? My doctor thinks it could be due to a very light pelvic exam I had yesterday (no pap). But I’m worried, it started off very light brown but it looks like it’s gotten a little heavier. Very very mild cramping which may just be stretching (since I’ve had some cramping off and on throughout the pregnancy) but still it’s hard not to overthink it. I’m 7w 1d and planned to share the news with our family on Easter.
Now I’m not so sure! 

Re: Spotting?!?!?? Sign of Miscarriage?

• Options
    According to the blogs, spoting can be very normal. When I was worried about cramping last weekend, my doctor told me to drink lots of water and stay off my feet. The water alone helped the cramping ease 
  • Options
    ajp53ajp53 member
    When I miscarried last month, I had some pretty bad cramping about 5 days before I started bleeding. I went to the bathroom Thursday night and there was a good amount of blood on the toilet paper (tmi) but I wasn’t bleeding like a period. I woke up at 4 am Friday and had heavy bleeding with clots. My other miscarriage was about the same, where it was pretty dark and heavy right away. I do think you should hold off on telling people until you’re totally sure this isn’t a miscarriage, but I have heard of people having spotting after a pelvic exam, so I think you probably are in the clear! Good luck 💗
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @Kristib1985 I will definitely try to drink more. Just having trouble keeping down anything including fluids. Been vomiting about 6 times a day for the past two weeks, finally started some anti nausea. 

@ajp53 I am so incredibly sorry for your losses. I appreciate that you shared your experience so I can better understand. That’s  so kind of you. Thank you for the reassurance, I’ll definitely do my best to keep calm. Fingers crossed that we all have sticky babies! ❤️🤞
  • Options
    I miscarried in January and for me it started as light bleeding and not really any cramping. It increased over the next couple of days and by day 3 I'd started passing some clots. I would try not to worry unless clots started showing up but I know that's easier said than done. I'm so sorry you're going through this worry!
  • Options
    @mrs-kay929 I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you also for sharing your experience. The spotting is getting heavier but still brownish. I have light cramping. I called my doctor and she said it’s too soon to tell. But even if it is a miscarriage I’ll mostly likely ride it other at home. So I am gearing up wait and hope for the best, even though based on how my body feels I know what’s going to happen. Thank you all for your kind words!
  • Options
    When I miscarried in January I had cramps a few days before (that I didn’t think anything of) and then I went to pee and just bleeding heavy. Mine was heavy and very similar to a period. I knew pretty quickly that it was a miscarriage. Wishing you the best and praying it is just from your exam!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'm currently having some spotting. Trying to keep my feet up and drinking lots of water. I'm scared it's a miscarriage but I haven't had much cramping at all. Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences. I am so sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    I have a subchorionic hemorrhage and I’ve had light spotting for a week. Spotting is a common symptom of it (although mine didn’t start until 5 days after the diagnosis of it). Is it any better now?
  • Options
    My spotting has lightened up significantly. It came back a little after moving around to make dinner. I can take tomorrow to fully rest besides making my meals. I think I'll call my OB in the morning but I'm pretty sure I'll just have to wait and see. 
  • Options
    @lulam13 I'm so glad to hear it that it cleared up.