1st Trimester
Options

1st time Mom - Extreme tiredness

Hello, I know tiredness/fatigue is common in 1st trimester. Here is what I feel:
During night, I get sleep with breaks and after I have breakfast in morning I take 3-4hrs sleep. After waking-up I feel tired or not doing anything whole day. In between for few mins, I feel better so i do walk in my home other than that I am either sleeping or sitting. I dont feel doing anything.

Is this (symptom) feel normal ? Any suggestions ? How to overcome ?

Another question, If i go near kitchen and cooking is going on then I feel nausea and most like I throw-up. Wondering why ? (one could be smell).

Re: 1st time Mom - Extreme tiredness

• Options
    Fatigue, nausea, and sensitivity to smells are all common pregnancy symptoms. If they’re interfering with your ability to work or just making you miserable, talk to your OB. 
  • Options
    Welcome to pregnancy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Talk to your OB. I went through extreme tiredness in my first pregnancy and it turned out I was very anemic. I started iron and felt so much better! It could be an easy fix or a normal part of pregnancy. Discuss it with your dr.
  • Options
    Thanks to all. I have OB appt in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my 1st, I was so tired I would come home from work and go right to bed. 
  • Options
    Oh yes. I sleep restlessly at night, but once morning comes and wake for a small amount and then snooze for like 3-4 more hours. If possible. And I feel groggy all day.
  • Options
    I’m 6 weeks now and I have been having the same symptom. I get very broken sleep at night but during the day I have these waves of exhaustion that hit me and I end up taking a couple of naps. 
  • Options
    I also have been so exhausted for a few weeks, then I found out I was pregnant on the 14th. Since then the exhaustion has just increased. I get great sleep at night, but when I try to get up in the mornings for work I can’t get up. Often finding myself drifting off and struggling to keep my eyes open while driving, which is so dangerous! I’ve increased my water intake and even drink Oj in the mornings which I read can help. I can’t nap, as I work a lengthy day, I could on a lunch break I suppose. But, if anyone has any tips for exhaustion that would be great. I am now estimated 7 weeks.
  • Options
    Same here! It’s actually making me nervous. I can’t barely get through my day I’m so tired. I truly feel I could lay down all day long at this point. 
  • Options
    +1 over here. Each day goes by (I’m 7 weeks) and I just get more tired. I can barely focus at work. Yesterday I was laying down for most of the day watching crap. Don’t get me wrong I want to work (need to!) but my brain and body just don’t want to focus and it’s taking a toll ugh 
  • Options
    What kind of iron supplements did you take? I don’t take any supplements w iron. I have an appt in a week and I realized I recall that I was lightly anemic growing up. Figured it won’t hurt to take some. I’m willing to try anything 
  • Options
    I experienced fatigue early on when I found out I was pregnant around 7 weeks. I would nap and nap and I also had a little insomnia at first. Now I’m 11 weeks and some of the fatigue has reduced. But I found out at my first prenatal visit that I have low vitamin D and have to increase my supplementation of that. Low vitamin D is related to fatigue. So for me it may be that. I also have an autoimmune disease, Sjogrens, which can have symptoms of fatigue. I hope you ladies get some relief. 
  • Options
    I've been feeling the exact same way. I'm 11 weeks now and I noticed a bit of a shift in the last couple days. but I've been feeling so lazy and depressed about how I just can't do anything! I told me ob about it because I haven't been able to work and they said it's normal. 
  • Options
    I’m so glad to read your comment.  Not that you are feeling lazy and depressed but I am there with you! I’m only 5ish weeks and feel so unmotivated! I had my son almost 10 years ago now and I really don’t remember feeling anything like this so early I to the pregnancy. I just feel kind of blah and it’s hard to get motivated to do much right now. I am hoping this passes sooner than later.
  • Options
    silverholly8silverholly8 member
    edited March 2022
    Omg I am feeling so distracted/unmotivated too. Super unproductive at work. Not motivated to do chores, or even fun things. I just feel like a lazy mopey blob.
  • Options
    I’m week 7 and I’ve never been this tired in my life. I feel your pain! 
  • Options
    What a relief to hear I'm not the only one! I'm 5wks today and have been sleeping for hours more than usual, and feel I could sleep more. I keep dozing off after work and turning down evening plans with friends. Guess they're going to figure out why I'm so tired soon!
  • Options
    I’m 11 weeks now, and tiredness is a huge constant in my life. My husband says it’s a new super power that I can sleep anywhere.
  • Options
    Sadly this is normal. I am week 11 and had same problem! I did get about a week of just "tired " but no naps after I started prenatal vitamin. But now have been struggling nausea and extreme tiredness is back. Sleep 9 hours at night and multiple naps during day.  Can't exercise and I was super fit prior to being pregnant!
  • Options
    Sounds like extreme exhaustion is normal in early pregnancy. I’m about 6 weeks and I feel the same, need to nap or close my eyes during the day, no energy to do anything, I’ll be lucky to do my work. I get mad when I’m woken up at night, and if I didn’t sleep week at night, I’ll be super moody all day. Glad to hear this is normal and happens to a lot of women. Hang in there!
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks and have extreme fatigue. I am sleeping well at night (6-8hrs) but I’m struggling to keep my eyes open during the day. It’s at the point where I’m having a hard time working. Add the nausea and I’m a mess. I hate using my PTO because I no I will need it later on