September 2022 Moms

UO 4.14

Unpopular opinions - feel like controversy?

150 unpopular opinions that might not be all that unpopular - Legitng
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: UO 4.14

• Everyone should have a bidet. 
  • If fruit or veggies is not the main ingredient, it has ABSOLUTELY no business being called a salad. Get your act together, USA. Jell-O is not a salad.
  • Loading the player...
  • @pangolindrome 1000000% agree. My husband’s family makes “jello salad” for all the big holiday get togethers and puts it on the same plate with ham, meatballs, ceasar salad 🤢 don’t get me wrong, it tastes pretty good but I just CANNOT eat it with dinner. I always have a bit of it separate at the end. 
  • @pangolindrome I've never had jello salad so the thought of it is disgusting. Maybe it's a regional thing, or maybe I'm not cultured enough lol. 
  • Anybody ever had ambrosia "salad"?  Usually consists of mandarin oranges, marshmallows, sour cream or mayonnaise, and coconut.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Snicker salad is a thing here in Minnesota.. def not a fruit or veggie! 
  • @pangolindrome 100% agree. 

@kboydbowman I hate ambrosia salad with a passion. And every single year DH’s aunt makes it at family thanksgiving dinner. 🤢 
  • @dsmith211
    it was part of Thanksgiving when I was growing up, too!  Mostly only my dad ate it.

@lalarose22
    what, pray tell, does a snicker salad consist of?
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman snickers, apples, pudding and cool whip. Not gonna lie it's yummy, but should not be called a salad! Easy Snickers Salad Recipe (Candy Bar Apple Salad) [VIDEO] - Dinner, then Dessert (dinnerthendessert.com)
  • @lalarose22 snicker salad has apples... lol though I totally agree it's a dessert. This one just made me laugh becuase it's one of my favorites!
  • Ketchup is vile 
  • I like ambrosia salad. It's delicious! And Jello salad done right is good too. 🙊
    DD 10/2019
  • @mamamoomoo12
    see, and I love that they now make mayochup!
    Current pregnancy -

• @trapperkeeper87 But can we just not call it a SALAD? I have no problem with their existence or probable flavor, they’re just not salads.
  • We have ambrosia at Christmas, but it’s not a salad. We eat it as dessert and it has oranges, apples, and pineapple in juice. So it’s just fruit really lol. I think it’s supposed to have coconut, but there are several family members who are allergic so it always gets left off. 
  • @trapperkeeper87 But can we just not call it a SALAD? I have no problem with their existence or probable flavor, they’re just not salads.
    That's fair. 😄 
    DD 10/2019
  • @pangolindrome what about pasta salads? Do those need a new name too?😜 
  • I ordered a salad from a restaurant that listed a bunch of vegetables on it. Got home and it had NO LETTUCE. I called and they were like, yes that's how it comes. I was not too happy. Only because I get lettuce wasn't listed, but they didn't list it on the other salads that I know have lettuce... just be consistent...
  • maple1422maple1422 member
    edited April 2022
    *moved: thought I was posting in the food thread*
  • Sports should not be attached to school. Sacrificing class time for sports that are affiliated with school just gives students a way to ditch class. Have sports clubs like Europe does and subsidize the costs for those who need help with the costs, but this b.s. with school sports is so freaking… UGH.
  • @pangolindrome As someone who played spots most of their life in school, I COMPLETELY agree!!!! We don’t have soccer at the school district we live in! Like, what?!?! Both my husband and I played and loved it so big disappointment to us. 
  • @pangolindrome I also currently hate the fact that we have intervention time in the afternoon and I have 3 sports kids failing who need this time, but choose to go to their game instead. They can't play in their game because they're failing, but sure send them and don't let them get their grades up so they can play. Two of them are really important players she other students keep coming to me asking if they will be able to play in the game and I'm like I can't discuss others grades. But yeah I get blamed on why they're not playing.... Hard lesson to learn when I'm *that* teacher. 
  • @jhysmath Yeah, because they still HAVE TO go support the team, right? UGH. I’m sorry!
  • @pangolindrome
     exactly, drives me bonkers. One just asked me how he'll bring his grade up to passing by tomorrow. This kid was on vacation for the first 3 weeks of the semester and didn't do any of the missing assignments or missing tests and assumed he'd just pass. Well now baseball started and the AD isn't allowing him to play so now it's a matter of life and death and I need to do x, y, and z for him. I am happy to say I haven't had angry parents calling me yet about it, just the AD asking before each game if he's passing yet.