Birthday Parties
Options

New Years Eve 1st Birthday

My daughter was born on New Years Eve and I'm trying to decide what to do for her first birthday. We live about 2 hours from any family and the 31st falls on a Saturday this year. We are leaning towards just having her party on her birthday in the afternoon and then having the family stay the night and having a New Years Eve party as well. Not sure what type of theme I should do for Remi's birthday though. I've seen themes that are black and gold for first birthdays in January but I'd like to do something unique. Any help and advice would be great! :)

Re: New Years Eve 1st Birthday

• Options
    emfen said:
    My daughter was born on New Years Eve and I'm trying to decide what to do for her first birthday. We live about 2 hours from any family and the 31st falls on a Saturday this year. We are leaning towards just having her party on her birthday in the afternoon and then having the family stay the night and having a New Years Eve party as well. Not sure what type of theme I should do for Remi's birthday though. I've seen themes that are black and gold for first birthdays in January but I'd like to do something unique. Any help and advice would be great! :)
    Personally,  I'd just do it the following weekend.  People often have standing plans for NYE, and regardless of how cute the baby is, I'd be declining. 
  • Options
    emfen said:
    Personally,  I'd just do it the following weekend.  People often have standing plans for NYE, and regardless of how cute the baby is, I'd be declining. 
    I agree. I know DH and I have our NYE already as well do a lot of our friends and family. I'd say either the weekend after or the weekend before.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PeachyTeachyPeachyTeachy member
    edited September 2016
    Your heart is in the right place, but this seems like a bad idea.  I would not want to go to or host a NYE party in the same place a 1 y/o was sleeping.

But... if you're part of a local playgroup/MOP's/Moms' Club/church nursery group, you could have a playdate-party that day or the Friday before and pick any theme you want.  Base it off of your DD.  Does she have a favorite book?

One of my DD's birthday is in January too.  Her first birthday was Monkey themed because she loved bananas.

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• Options
    My daughter's birthday is also New Year's Eve and we are most definitely having her party on that day. My family lives 6 hours away and all are attending because it IS new years and we all plan to go out afterwards together while my mother watches the babies. Anyway, her 'theme' is kinda vintage gatsby but wrapped around the idea of it being New Year's Eve. A lot of our friends and family are coming since their plans aren't until later that night. (:
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    I fully support this idea! Theme parties can be very fun and interesting for children. You can decorate the place according to the chosen theme, prepare themed snacks and games.